• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~New * Disney's Character Warehouse~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
The Character Warehouse has a new name and a "almost" new address.

"New Name, New Location, a New Shipment, and New Collectibles.

New Name To Match Our New Store:
Disney's Character Warehouse Outlet Store is now Character Depot. Over the last two years our store has been transformed to provide you with more. More clothing choices with full size assortments, More collectibles, More costumes, and even More characters from other brands. With all these changes, we wanted a new name to reflect our new look. So please welcome Character Depot as the place to get all your favorite characters under one roof.

New Location:
We are still in the Orangefair Mall in Fullerton, CA, but we have moved two doors down to the right. We are now located a 227 Orangefair Mall. Come check out or new location. This new store provides you with a more upscale shopping experience."
:tink:

You take the Harbor Blvd bus(#43, I think) North and exit at Orangethorpe. It is only a couple of miles up. The store is in the shopping center which also has Best Buy and Burlington Coat Factory. If you are on the corner where Tony Roma's is you are in the right place. Right across the intersection is In and Out Burger, so if you are from an area which does not hane In and Out, you'd be able to check that out in the same trip.

You take the Harbor Blvd bus(#43, I think) North and exit at Orangethorpe. It is only a couple of miles up. The store is in the shopping center which also has Best Buy and Burlington Coat Factory. If you are on the corner where Tony Roma's is you are in the right place. Right across the intersection is In and Out Burger, so if you are from an area which does not hane In and Out, you'd be able to check that out in the same trip.

Thanks. I am from Australia and we don't have in and out here.

The Character Warehouse has a new name and a "almost" new address.

"New Name, New Location, a New Shipment, and New Collectibles.

New Name To Match Our New Store:
Disney's Character Warehouse Outlet Store is now Character Depot. Over the last two years our store has been transformed to provide you with more. More clothing choices with full size assortments, More collectibles, More costumes, and even More characters from other brands. With all these changes, we wanted a new name to reflect our new look. So please welcome Character Depot as the place to get all your favorite characters under one roof.

New Location:
We are still in the Orangefair Mall in Fullerton, CA, but we have moved two doors down to the right. We are now located a 227 Orangefair Mall. Come check out or new location. This new store provides you with a more upscale shopping experience."
:tink:

Sounds like they have improved the store! This is a good thing as it was kind of "yucky" before...I will have to check it out on our next trip - hopefully next July!!:)

Dropped by today. It's no longer an outlet store, so - to me anyway - it's lost a lot of appeal. Second opinions welcome of course.

Dropped by today. It's no longer an outlet store, so - to me anyway - it's lost a lot of appeal. Second opinions welcome of course.

So nothing being sold from the parks, just the same stuff you can get at Walmart or a gift shop in a Harbor Hotel?

So nothing being sold from the parks, just the same stuff you can get at Walmart or a gift shop in a Harbor Hotel?
That's kind of the way I saw it. I wasn't looking for anything specific though. Like I say, a second opinion would be good.

We stopped by there on our way home on the 13th. Honestly, it was a HUGE waste of time. Nothing that great and I thought for a "discount" type place the prices were expensive. You can get much better stuff on discount/sale at the Disney Store. Everything was really sparse as well. Maybe b/c they just moved? I wouldn't go there again.

I checked it out the other day, and thought it kinda stunk. Very little park merch, and the prices were not that great. I saw a shirt there for $14 that I had seen across the street for $8. The exact same shirt. You know the ones. They have Mickey, Donald, and Goofy and say California as opposed to Disneyland. The same stuff you'd get from an outlet in Orlando for like $7, and probably pick up a 2 for 1 dinner coupon at the checkout as well. Probably won't be stopping by again anytime soon unless I happen to be in the area and need to kill some time, which I don't imagine will be anytime soon.

I'm so bummed about this :( we would always stop in the day we arrive and stop back by before we head home. Not sure if we are going to even bother stop by in a couple weeks :(

Maybe they will get more/better stock in? If I recall correctly, wasn't the warehouse always kind of hit-and-miss?

I don't think I'd bother to go myself (I went once several years ago and didn't think it was worth it). But I'm hoping that maybe things may improve?

I had been going about every other month. I've noticed the prices had been going up, even before the move. I haven't been in since the move. I'll try to get over there this week and report back.

We hit the old place last year when we wanted to get the little person some pins to trade on the cheap. Anyone who has been there recently, do they still carry pins? Did you notices if the prices were reasonable?

Honestly, it was a HUGE waste of time.
This is how I have felt for at least the last 5 years.

The last time we went there (in April) there was more non-disney stuff then disney stuff and what there was was "generic" stuff, nothing special. And to top it off EXPENSIVE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter