~New * Disney's Character Warehouse~

Maybe they will get more/better stock in? If I recall correctly, wasn't the warehouse always kind of hit-and-miss?

It's possible.

If anyone else has experience moving inventory from one location to another, they would know that instead of moving tons of stuff you can try to run out of stuff and then reorder after moving. So maybe it's just to early for them to have filled the shelves.

I've also noticed the store has more, a few months after Halloween and Christmas seasons end. So perhaps in January it will have more park stuff.

I have heard some CMs in the Spring saying that after merchandise leaves the park, it goes to Company D, the Disney Employee Store in Burbank, before it goes to aftermarket stores. Don't know how reliable this is, but it could explain the drop in park items.

Dropped by today. It's no longer an outlet store, so - to me anyway - it's lost a lot of appeal. Second opinions welcome of course.
I hear you on this. Back in the day, they were fabulous - I would say 90% (if not all) came from the parks. We would find some fabulous treasures there. Now, it's like a Walmart. :(

"New Name, New Location, a New Shipment, and New Collectibles.
Really?

The last few times we went there, we were disappointed and did not buy a thing.

Perhaps we'll give the new place one last try.

Woody

Up until about 2 years ago they were great. It was mostly park merchandise at bargain prices. More recently the bargains are few. Prices are often higher than you can get at Walmart which is just across the street to the east. Most of the merchandise is no longer park merchandise.

Sorry, but its just not the same as it used to be. Bring back the bargain park selections and maybe we'll take a look again.

I went there on 7/21. It's not worth it. Pins (the Jerry Leigh ones you can get at Walmart/Target for $5-6) are $7.49 at the Character Depot. They have some old Disneyland parks merchandise (2010/2011) with the year stamped on them.

They have a pin trading bag that is regularly $64.99 at DLR for $49.99 (so a $15 savings, but with my DLR AP, I already get 20% off [so $13 off]) - btw, this pin trading bag is no longer sold at DLR so you'd think it would be cheaper - a few years ago when it was discontinued at DLR, the Character Warehouse sold it for $25-30.

I would say most of their stuff is at most a 10-20% savings off park prices.

Dropped by today. It's no longer an outlet store, so - to me anyway - it's lost a lot of appeal. Second opinions welcome of course.

Our family went there recently too. Been going there everytime we make a trip to Disneyland. The overstock park items are definately there no more, but I liked the change. Current products that weren't dated from 2 years ago and all sizes. In the past, I would find a shirt I liked but it would end up being in only small and XXL or something. Now they seem to have most sizes. I picked up a shirt there for about $16 and then saw the same shirt in the park for about $28.

Our family liked it better, but everyone is different. My wife loved all the collectibles and snowglobes. She talked with one of the workers and they told her they can special order items sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter