New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

I've done AH in MK before and it was fabulous with very short queues. If you were going to the Jollywood Nights but wanted to focus on rides does anyone know if this would this be a similar experience? I'm not sure if its worth getting a ticket in the hope of very short waits and a quieter park? Also we've never been to Galaxys Edge do you think we would pretty much be guaranteed a place in the virtual queue for rise of the resistance at an event like this?

Why is the Christmas parties always so much more compared to Halloween? I have gone to both and have always found the Halloween party to be a better value yet the pricing does not reflect this.

Same. Now I’m second guessing myself, though! I’ll be there solo Nov 29-Dec 1, and now I’m wondering if I should do the MK party twice, once solo and once with family. I did that last year and loved it. Best of both worlds. I worry that the Jollywood party will be weird as a solo!
Well maybe we can ride tron again , I have the party 11/29. 🎄

We keep overlapping! Could be because you go like every other week 😂🤔🤣

EDIT: off by a day I’m Jollywood 27, mvmcp 28. Rats

We keep overlapping! Could be because you go like every other week 😂🤔🤣

Pot, meet kettle 🤣!

I have Jollywood 11/29 and MVMCP 11/30-12/1. (That’s my next trip, actually.) I’ll be visiting my parents up north the 27th-29th but opted to wait until after Turkey Day rush to fly! Where are you staying? I’m at GF RPC the first 2 nights and splurging on a CR suite with DSis 12/1-12/3.

Pot, meet kettle 🤣!

I have Jollywood 11/29 and MVMCP 11/30-12/1. (That’s my next trip, actually.) I’ll be visiting my parents up north the 27th-29th but opted to wait until after Turkey Day rush to fly! Where are you staying? I’m at GF RPC the first 2 nights and splurging on a CR suite with DSis 12/1-12/3.
It is in my signature! GF RPC hasn’t had any availability for fall for a while. I think they stopped bookings until they know when they reopen. I would love to switch from WL to Gf RPC. It’s early I can wait n see. Dd and I flying down together after Turkey day On Sunday after her 10 yr HS reunion Saturday.

Cant wait for Jollywood. Looks fun and walking from BWI will be nice.

It is in my signature! GF RPC hasn’t had any availability for fall for a while. I think they stopped bookings until they know when they reopen. I would love to switch from WL to Gf RPC. It’s early I can wait n see. Dd and I flying down together after Turkey day On Sunday after her 10 yr HS reunion Saturday.

Dear Pot & Kettle - Looks like we'll have a bit of overlap. I'll be GF Resort View 11/24-11/28 (alas, I just changed reservation from RPC to Resort View due to discount availability, sad about that, but the savings was too great for me to pass up). I'll be doing MVMCP on 11/26 and my CM DD, her CM bf, and DD2 will be doing Jollywood on 11/27. I'm skipping Jollywood because I can't deal with the late nite before traveling the next day. It's my DH's once-a-year WDW trip, so he and I will have a nice "date nite" while the kids are off at Jollywood.

Dear Pot & Kettle - Looks like we'll have a bit of overlap. I'll be GF Resort View 11/24-11/28 (alas, I just changed reservation from RPC to Resort View due to discount availability, sad about that, but the savings was too great for me to pass up). I'll be doing MVMCP on 11/26 and my CM DD, her CM bf, and DD2 will be doing Jollywood on 11/27. I'm skipping Jollywood because I can't deal with the late nite before traveling the next day. It's my DH's once-a-year WDW trip, so he and I will have a nice "date nite" while the kids are off at Jollywood.
I need to meet her! I go to RPC once or more a year. There were too many new faces , mostly girls so I couldn’t figure which one she was . @dispro did meet her and can introduce us next time we back. She is another kettle 🤣

I need to meet her! I go to RPC once or more a year. There were too many new faces , mostly girls so I couldn’t figure which one she was . @dispro did meet her and can introduce us next time we back. She is another kettle 🤣
Will you be at Jollywood on 11/27? Maybe you could meet her there. Dispro definitely knows her!

We are at Jollywood Nights 27th as well and MVMCP on the 30th, cant wait! We are staying Yacht Vlub over Thanksgiving and then 5 nights at Grand Floridian so really hoping for Gingerbread House!

We were in London for a few days and we stopped on The Mall to purchase our Xmas tickets the day they released :rotfl2:

I've done AH in MK before and it was fabulous with very short queues. If you were going to the Jollywood Nights but wanted to focus on rides does anyone know if this would this be a similar experience? I'm not sure if its worth getting a ticket in the hope of very short waits and a quieter park? Also we've never been to Galaxys Edge do you think we would pretty much be guaranteed a place in the virtual queue for rise of the resistance at an event like this?
I’m in the same situation as you! Would love to hear what others have to say

I was wondering the same. I have a backup res at BWI just in case they try to boot me from RPC!

Last edited:
I searched and saw this asked in another thread discussing Jollywood Nights but couldn’t find a reply-We have park reservations in HS on the day of a party. Will the park likely close early for us? Will they still do Sunset Season’s Greetings, which generally begins about 630? Thoughts, please-

Many of these questions we don't have answers for at this time as this is a new event.

The actual Jollywood event begins at 8:30 with party guests being permitted to enter the park at 7:00. What time DHS will close to day guests is still to be announced.

How this event will affect day guest attendance and other offerings is really anyone's guess unfortunately. Personally, I don't see this event altering day guest attendance as much as MVMCP does as the event does not begin until 8:30 rather than 7PM.

Many of these questions we don't have answers for at this time as this is a new event.

The actual Jollywood event begins at 8:30 with party guests being permitted to enter the park at 7:00. What time DHS will close to day guests is still to be announced.

How this event will affect day guest attendance and other offerings is really anyone's guess unfortunately. Personally, I don't see this event altering day guest attendance as much as MVMCP does as the event does not begin until 8:30 rather than 7PM.

If there is no buffer between end of day and after hours; it is only a half hour shorter than normal for DHS. But I imagine 730pm is going to be the close.

If there is no buffer between end of day and after hours; it is only a half hour shorter than normal for DHS. But I imagine 730pm is going to be the close.
There is no guarantee this will happen as the closest comparison we have to what might happen at DHS is recent AH parties. For those parties in 2023, the park either closed 30 mins prior to the AH event starting or, sometimes park closing and AH starting was the exact same time.

I would not count on a 1 hour window at DHS as historically that has not happened.

There is no guarantee this will happen as the closest comparison we have to what might happen at DHS is recent AH parties. For those parties in 2023, the park either closed 30 mins prior to the AH event starting or, sometimes park closing and AH starting was the exact same time.

I would not count on a 1 hour window at DHS as historically that has not happened.

I would say just because of set-up on a few things that there will be some sort of buffer. And to allow cast member clearing time. This is a whole themed event, where they are encouraging attendees to dress-up, not just a pay-to-play after hours event. Probably going to be closer to the Parties in attempted execution. But who knows, this is Disney.

I think this will be more comparable crowd wise to Mickeys not scary and MVMCP. Usually in my experience the after hours events have way less people, but there is less that is offered compared to the parties. Only time will tell if this event will be as big as mvmcp, but this being the first time this is offered, and it is on different days as mvmcp, I think crowds will be pretty close in size.

Just got my tickets and everything went smooth.

Disney World Finally Releases Pricing for Disney Jollywood Nights

Disney Jollywood Nights is a separately-ticketed event that takes place on select nights during the holiday season. More details after the pricing table:

Event DateEvent Ticket for ALL Ages (Excludes Tax)Annual Passholder/DVC Price (Excludes Tax)
November 11, 2023$159$149
November 18, 2023$159$149
November 20, 2023$179$169
November 27, 2023$159$149
November 29, 2023$159$149
December 4, 2023$169$159
December 6, 2023$169$159
December 16, 2023$169$159
December 18, 2023$169$159
December 20, 2023$169$159

I know we don't have a lot of details yet, but based on past experience, is it likely that there will be restaurants open to serve dinner during the Christmas party? We would probably grab Columbia Harbour House or another quick service sometime after 7:00 if that would be an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter