New Hollywood Studios bus loop to open soon!

I have to imagine people afraid of heights won't be taking the gondolas...no? I have no intention of taking them, but then again we stay DVC and won't likely be staying where that mode of transportation is offered.
Same could be said for monorails.

I was watching another vlogger yesterday at CB and he showed some of the gondola towers. They were easily 60 to 80 feet off the ground. He commented that it will be interesting to see what they do with the afternoon lightning storms and sometimes high winds. They will likely be closed as often as the boats in the summer.
Yes the top of the tower will be 60-80 feet off the ground. The gondola cabins won’t be that high off the ground though.

Yes the top of the tower will be 60-80 feet off the ground. The gondola cabins won’t be that high off the ground though.
Will they be going over any trees or buildings? I am thinking they would need to be pretty high to clear obstacles.

Will they be going over any trees or buildings? I am thinking they would need to be pretty high to clear obstacles.
Yes in certain areas. They will have to clear some buildings at Caribbean Beach. Those towers are the highest in the system. In the DHS parking lot the towers are just high enough to clear vehicles in the parking lot.

Same could be said for monorails.

Of course. But the gondolas are considerably higher off the ground and there is something far more terrifying about dangling from a wire than riding on a track. My sister is petrified of those Sky-ride type rides but will ride a coaster.

I do get a little peeved that there is no bus service to BLT/CR from Epcot. The monorail is a little cumbersome with the TTC transfer...but then again, we really have no "skin in the game" as we drive to every park except MK.

Not everyone wants to take buses. The plan is for bus service to end or significantly decrease for resorts services by the Skyliner.

So buses won't even be an option for people staying at the gondola resorts? I figured they would run both buses and gondolas and you would have a choice.

So buses won't even be an option for people staying at the gondola resorts? I figured they would run both buses and gondolas and you would have a choice.
It’s not confirmed but from what I’ve heard that will be the case or at the very least they will run buses much less frequently.

Of course. But the gondolas are considerably higher off the ground and there is something far more terrifying about dangling from a wire than riding on a track. My sister is petrified of those Sky-ride type rides but will ride a coaster.
I can do coasters but will not go anywhere near a ferris wheel or a ski lift/gondola type thing.

The monorails don't exactly always have air conditioning either. ;)

I kid, I kid.
While the monorails do have issues. Nearly all of them with I believe 3 left to go have had brand new paint jobs and interior fixes within the last two years. Black is the most recent to come out of its paint work.

Here are the reasons why I think buses will still be an option, though I’m sure curtailed. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of any similar concerns from acrophobes about monorails.

Interesting. Not sure I want to be up that high above the ground with that much weight. Guess that will eliminate the Gondola resorts from my list.

I was watching another vlogger yesterday at CB and he showed some of the gondola towers. They were easily 60 to 80 feet off the ground. He commented that it will be interesting to see what they do with the afternoon lightning storms and sometimes high winds. They will likely be closed as often as the boats in the summer.

And my recollection is that they will not be air conditioned.

I have to imagine people afraid of heights won't be taking the gondolas...no? I have no intention of taking them, but then again we stay DVC and won't likely be staying where that mode of transportation is offered.

I do get a little peeved that there is no bus service to BLT/CR from Epcot. The monorail is a little cumbersome with the TTC transfer...but then again, we really have no "skin in the game" as we drive to every park except MK.

I can do coasters but will not go anywhere near a ferris wheel or a ski lift/gondola type thing.

I know! My DD has already stated the gondola resorts are off her list if she is going to be forced to take one.

I have a problem with heights when I am dangling. Not when I have something under my feet like a track. Monorail good, gondola bad.

The new bus stop looks like a good reason to continue to stay at a boardwalk area resort.

Here are the reasons why I think buses will still be an option, though I’m sure curtailed. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of any similar concerns from acrophobes about monorails.

I tend to agree. If they are the only mode of transportation there will be families that simply rule those resorts out. I would love them under sunny skies, however if it was windy or stormy I would not get in one. Based on just your reply, I know my family is not unique.

I don't mind the gondolas, but I would mind if they were the only transport from those resorts. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking we'll be using Lyft on our trips some of the time. I would be doing that if they took away the bus service.

I tend to agree. If they are the only mode of transportation there will be families that simply rule those resorts out. I would love them under sunny skies, however if it was windy or stormy I would not get in one. Based on just your reply, I know my family is not unique.

And others that won’t figure it out until they’re there.

Riviera will be a DVC resort. The Skyliner also is likely to be faster than walking or riding the boat to DHS from the BW & BC Villas.

Interesting. Not sure I want to be up that high above the ground with that much weight. Guess that will eliminate the Gondola resorts from my list.
Will be interesting to see how the gondolas are perceived when it’s all said and done. It’s got back to the future written all over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter