• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW info for August DIS meet in Raleigh

Bwalker

Mouseketeer
Okay, folks, here's the info you've been waiting for!!!

Date: Monday, August 6th, 2001
Place: Houlihan's, CARY (yes - it's Crossroads - very easy from 40)
Time: 6:30 PM till ???

We have the little non-smoking room reserved for us. We can take turns between Raleigh and Cary in the future if we want.

I spoke to the general manager and they really hate to reserve the room for less than 15 folks. So I think it's really imperative to let me know if you're coming, so I can get a ballpark figure. I've got to call the manager back (probably July 30th) and let him know if we are still coming. It's reserved under "DIS Meet/Lorraine Danaher).

This is a sit-down restaurant and they will do separate checks for us. If we want, we can even set up a separate table for Pin-Trading! Or even one for sharing photographs - so we don't mess them up with food.

This is so exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing the old faces, some new faces but of course we'll miss those who cannot make it. But please do, start responding. THANKS!

Where else should we post this?????????? Moderators, can you help me out here? I don't know what I'm doing. How about Community and Trading? Please????? Again, THANKS!

Aloha,
Bwalker;)

Sounds great to me. I think you can count my in and probably hubby too. Will need to confirm with him, but I think he is a yes.

Thanks for doing the legwork, BWalker. Hope all is well.

I'm pretty sure my hubby will come this time too, RweTHEREyet - so...there's at least four of us!

Aloha,
Bwalker;)

Wow! DIS meet in Raleigh! We would love to join the crowd. Add three more to you list -- DW, DD and myself.

Can hardly wait to meet all three of you!!!

Do you need directions?

Aloha,
Bwalker;)

I won't be there, I won't be there......I'll give your regards to Captain Mickey instead! Have a great meeting....count me in for the next one!

Jeanne, we will definitely miss you! We'll also all be green with envy! But please don't let that stand in the way of your personal happiness. (Somehow I don't think you'll have a problem!)

We'll look forward to seeing you when you return ---- with pix!

Thanks for all of the responses! I'm sure we'll get some more!

Aloha,
Bwalker;)

So those of us in Chapel Hill and Durham are second class citizens, eh? I See.... ;)

OK - OK!!! You've made your point! :) :)

So, will you be joining us, Jon? We look forward to it - maybe we could venture out into the ...... Triangle!

Aloha,
Bwalker ;)

Have to speak with DW - and with a 1 year old, it's hard to plan that far in advance... ;) But we will definitely try. Actually we have been at that Houlihan's many times and it seems a very good place for this kind of thing. The Jack Astor's across the street would be fun, BUT doesn't have any sort of private room that I know of and would thus not accomodate a large group very well. We'll let you know as soon as we know if we can make it! Great job on setting all of this up, by the way! And thanks for asking them to do separate checks - lots of restaurants scoff at that for large groups, and it makes everything so much simpler.

Take Care! :)

Bwalker, Yes directions would be helpful. We will be driving into Raleigh, from Nashville, on HWY 64.

Hey, if JonHM gets a DIS meet in Chapel Hill/Durham ---- Can we get one in Nashville, NC?

but I *think* that we3luvdisney misunderstands slightly what's going on. This is not a DIS event, with DIS-ers from all over the place coming to Raleigh, but rather a gather of DIS-ers who happen to live in the Raleigh area. I would imagine that there are probably quite a few DIS people who live in the Nashville area, and that you could start a thread asking people in Nashville if they would be interested in a get-together. Don't get me wrong, we would definitely LOVE to see you at the gathering in Raleigh, I hope you can make it, it just sounds to me from your last post like you think this is a nationwide gathering of folks. I apologize if that was not the case.

ANYWAY, I am happy to report that YES, we will be able to make the DIS meet at Houlihan's on August 6th!

Actually JonHM, we had folks from all over the place at the last one had at Remington Grill, had one guy drive from Hillsborough area, I think it was. So, not intended to be just Raleigh area folks, but anyone who wishes to show up. It just worked out that there were some of us who communicated on-line that thought it would be great to meet and we put it out on the Boards and met in June. Had a good turnout and then decided to do it again. We talked DVC, Disney and did some pin trading. Hope we have a great turn out.

Please make sure that you post if you are planning to attend with how many in your group, as we are trying to meet a minimum of 15, and of course, if we went a whole lot over that, we might overflow the room.

See everyone in a couple of weeks.

No, *I* understand what it is, but I was under the impression that we3luvdisney was misunderstanding what it was and might be expecting it to be a much bigger gathering. Again, if *I* misunderstood, I am sorry. But of course I did not mean to imply that there was anyone who would not be welcomed. The more the merrier!
When I was speaking of the 'Raleigh area' in my last post, I was speaking in relation to someone coming all the way from Nashville. In that context, I would count Durham, Raleigh, Hillsborough, heck even Winston Salem as being in the 'Raleigh area'.
Sorry for the miscommunication.

Well, yes you are right, it is not a huge event, yet........ LOL Maybe one day it will be. It was great to swap stories and opinions with different folks. And it certainly is not sponsored by DIS, just a bunch of us Disney die-hards getting together.

I may be confused, but I thought Nashville was just down road from Raleigh on the way to Rocky Mount. Are these folks coming from way, far away? we2luvdisney, just where is Nashville?

My error! For some reason I was SURE that I had read that they were coming from Nashville, Tennessee, not Nashville, NC!

Well, as my old pal Emily Litella used to say....

Never Mind!!!

:D

I LOVE EMILY LITELLA!

I'm so glad you'll be coming! Please do let us know how many so we can get a rough idea for Houlihan's.

Jon, I've gotta tell ya - I misread Nashville in the same way! So it seems we have a lot in common so far.

We3luvdisney, I am so looking forward to meeting you!

This is going to turn out just great - we'll see you on August 6th!

Aloha,
Bwalker;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter