• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW info for August DIS meet in Raleigh

It will be myself, DW and DS. DS is 13 months old (or will be by the time of the gathering) - we probably won't need a high chair (we have a chair for him that clips onto the table), but we *might*.

opps! I forgot directions! This could be a job for mancubb!

Mancubb, where are you?????

Aloha,
Bwalker;)

JohnHM - We understand that this is just an area DIS meet. Nashville, NC is only about 1 hr NE of Raleigh. We get the TENN thing all the time. Nashville, NC is just outside of Rocky Mount. We are looking forward to meeting all of you and happy to hear there is a meet close enough for us to attend!

Just curious........ Not dragging mine along if no one else is going to be interested in trading.

Count me in! Count my pins in, too! :)

we3luvdisney - as for directions from 64, there are two ways to go: north around the beltline or south around the belt line. I prefer south. Please keep in mind that 6:00 on a Monday is going to put you right in the middle of rush hour traffic, which can be crazy on the beltline no matter which way you go.

I-64 to Houlihans:
>Take 64W toward Raleigh
>As you approach the I-440 exchange, get in the far left lane.
>Take I-440 South (you will make a left onto I-440 South)
>Take Exit 293A to US 1 and 64 West (Asheboro, Sanford) *Exit 293A can be confusing because you will actually be taking two exits in a row. Just keep following the signs to 64 West and South 1 (Asheboro and Sanford).
>Stay to the right after you go around the big curve on the second exit. You will now be taking a third exit to "Cary via Walnut Street, Shopping Centers."
>As you approach the top of the exit ramp, stay to the left, marked "Crossroads Blvd." This left will put you directly into the Crossroads Shopping Plaza between Just For Feet and Red Lobster.
>At the first light, take a right. You will pass Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Chick-fil-A.
>Go straight through the next light. You will pass Bob Evans and the back of Office Depot.
>Take the second right as if you were going to the Target parking lot.
>Houlihans will be on the right after you pass Target and Office Depot.

If you get lost, just ask for directions to the Cary Target! ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
~Deb T.

Thanks for the directions, Deb!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Aloha,
Bwalker;)

Hi again, all! I wanted to let everyone know that I edited my directions. It's an Office DEPOT not an Office Max that you will pass... sorry!

Also, here are directions for those who might be coming from the north side of the beltline. Keep in mind that I-440 will end and turn into 1 and 64.

>I-440 from the north side of Raleigh
>Pass by Exit 1C
>Veer right at Exit 1 - "Cary via Walnut Street, Shopping Centers"
>Pass by Exit 1B and Exit 1A
>Veer right and exit to "Cary via Walnut Street, Shopping Centers"
>As you approach the top of the exit ramp, stay to the left, marked "Crossroads Blvd." This left will put you directly into the Crossroads Shopping Plaza between Just For Feet and Red Lobster.
>At the first light, take a right. You will pass Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Chick-fil-A.
>Go straight through the next light. You will pass Bob Evans and the back of Office Depot.
>Take the second right as if you were going to the Target parking lot.
>Houlihans will be on the right after you pass Target and Office Depot.

:earsboy: Deb T.

Lorraine: Debra & Irene are going to come, too. By my count, that makes 15, so Houlihan's should be happy!
~Deb T.

Make that 17. DH and I will try to make it too!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.....

We were in the Olive Garden in Cary (about 2 minutes from the Houlihan's) and saw that they actually have a walled off private room in the back that we didn't know about. So perhaps that might be a good spot for one of our future 'Raleigh area' DIS meets... ;)

I am hoping to make this one as I will be in the area - sorta. I'll be down in Wilmington visiting my DS and maybe, just maybe I can drag him along. Add me with a question mark tho because I have to double and triple check my itinerary. LOL. Seriously, I am questionable because I don't exactly how long I will be in NC. But if it's okay, I will know by the middle of next week when I will actually be in NC.

Ooooooh! I loooooove Olive Garden!!! Great idea, JonHM! Maybe we can set the date for our "Olive Garden DIS Meet" at the Houlihan's meet! :)

iluvdisney: We'll keep our fingers crossed that you can come! :)

Well, sorry to say, that I probably won't be able to attend the meet. I was so looking forward to meeting all of you. After arriving in Wilmington yesterday, I found out that my sister had a heart attack and had to have an angioplasty done. I will need to drive up and see for myself that she is okay. Anyways, I hope you all have a great time!

iluvdisney, we are so sorry to hear the news of your sister's heart attack. We totally understand your need to be with her. It looks as though our DIS Meets will be a frequent event here in the Raleigh area, so I'm sure that we will get to meet you sometime in the near future. In the meantime, we are praying for a full and speedy recovery for your sister and a safe drive back home for you.
~Deb T.

Mary, I was so sorry to hear about your sister. Please keep in touch and keep us informed.

My prayers will be with you.

Lorraine

As soon as my dh finds work in NC and we move we'll join you all!

Not sure at all when it will happen though....

Hi, Lesley! We'll cross our fingers and hope it's soon! :) I think you'll like our mild winters, but oh my goodness, watch out for our hurricanes! Good luck in the job search!

Good bye,you guys, have a great meeting on Monday! I almost was able to join you.....it seems our 7:30 flight was completely cancelled so they put us on 6:00 a.m. one instead. This wouldn't be such a big deal except for the fact that nobody at Delta took the trouble to inform us! Real nice,huh? With the new 540 running so near our home, we're only 15 min to RDU and would not have even been out the door by 6am! The next flight out had a stopover and wouldn't get us into MCO until almost 2pm! I shudder to think of that scenario.....I'm so thankful I remembered to confirm! Wish me Bon Voyage and let's hope that tropical storm Barry keeps on its present course!
Right now there's still so much left to do and 1 1/2 hours less to do it in!
Jeanne

Bon Voyage, Jeanne!

I'll miss you but I'll also look forward to the pictures that you'll bring next time (hint hint!)

Aloha....um... I'll change it just this once,

Bon Voyage,
Bwalker ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter