New Rumors courtesy of Brian B

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
The King of the Trip Reports, Brian Bennett, says in his latest report, that a well-informed Mouseplanet reader told him to watch out for announcements from Disney on or about May 18th:

a. Third Water Park (Ragin' Cajun? Completely new or replacement for River Country?)
b. New attractions for MK & AK

Any speculations? Of course, with MK & AK being mentioned, one can hope that Beastly Kingdom and "Reign of Fire" Mountain are being considered...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/archive/notes_from_the_world/bb_questions65.htm

Well, there is lots of positive buzz about attendance at the parks right now. Also, Universal is hinting at new attractions. Both items, the new WP and BK, could be true. Let's hope!

hmmmmm...

AP event at the AK on May 18th. Would be a pretty good opportunity to make an announcement involving the AK.

Only time will tell.

Competition is always good!!! Lets hope if Universal makes a announcemnt that disney feels compelled to do like wise!!! And without saying in all for a coaster!!!

Now that Philarmagic is official, do we really have any viable rumors for the next MK attraction? While there are plenty of rumors than don't come true, I can't think of a recent addition that wasn't a hot rumor months before the official announcement was made.

Is there a clear need for a 3rd water park? I don't remember TL and BB attendance numbers being higher than some regional water parks who have shorter operating seasons? Didn't somebody make the claim that Disney has not been happy with their returns on BBeach?

If a third water park was announced, would we all expect it to be a traditional water park. One with the standard mix of rides (raft, tube, mat, body, wave pool). Other parks have recently been adding large play areas. Multi-level structures with water shooting out from everywhere (cannons, buckets, etc. ) you climb around on. Assume the new Disney park would have something similar. Wonder if they would have anything new in store for us?

Hm, I haven't visited Mouseplanet for months, but Brian Bennet never stuck me as a person to spread random rumors. Should be interesting!
Ragin' Cajun would be cool - WDW definitely needs a third water park.

it was interesting that he said something new for MK and AK. I love AK, and hope it just gets better and better.

Soarin' Over Dinoland?

I think I would pass on the piped in smell of dino dung. :D

Scoop:

When you look at the resort map, there is a 'water park' void right there in the upper right hand corner. Seems like a 3rd water park, with a wilderness theme, tied in somehow with water launches to the TTC or to MK, would be a great way to market hotel ressies to the big monorail and WL hotels. Makes economic sense to build it there.

With the success of Soarin' in DCA, I am still amazed that we have not seen a clone in AK -- done up with Australia or somewhere....Five Dumbo spinners at WDW, and not one Soarin' clone?

Hmmmm……

They just reopened up that bar-b-que place at Animal Kingdom and there’s an extra large order for shrimp…….

It's awfully expensive to fly-in all that stuff. Maybe people should plan on walking for a while.

I assume in terms of ambition Ragin would be along the lines of TL versus the more expensive to theme BB.

I could also see where it might not be high on the novelty scale. I doubt they are looking at it being a major trip driver, or a day adder. If it is there only to provide more peak capacity than it probably doesn't have to be that different than the other parks (in terms of things to do). Should we be disappointed if there is little novelty here except the theme? I'd love it to provide some added ride variety.

I also wonder what the plus option inventory is out there. All those unused plus days from park hoppers. I know we now have 3 each. If there are many like us with an ample supply of free future days at a water park it must play havoc with their return on investment analysis.

Current tickets are not valid for any park commencing operations after May 1, 1998, so it seems unlikely that they would allow the use of left-over PLUS options for the new park (if there will really be one), at least initially.

They just reopened up that bar-b-que place at Animal Kingdom and there’s an extra large order for shrimp…….It's awfully expensive to fly-in all that stuff. Maybe people should plan on walking for a while.

So Sir Voice,

Am I reading you correct when you say that Australia is going to be the next expansion to AK. With a walk through animal exibit and no ride through attraction?

Or am I completely off base
:D

Sir Voice, I'm with space42!! Most of the time I’m able to discern most of your intent if not your whole meaning. This time you’re either being overly cryptic, or I’m overly dense (not the first time). A little more is needed this time, my Liege!!!

"BBQ" "Shrimp" "Fly" "Walk"

Australia.

Soarin'.

Walk-thru Koala Kangaroo Platypus exhibit.

Put me down for $5 on all three.

So Austrailia is getting a Soaring clone just not when Aust. is unveiled?

If so...how cheap :(

Airlarry! :D LOL

The less certain the information; the more cryptic the hints.

Sorry, but that’s just going to have to be it for the time being. These days one has a hard time using “WDW”, “planning”, and “decision” all in the same sentence.

By the way, after drinks on the 11th, lets all go on the Jungle Cruise. Bring cameras.

good news, bad news, hints, innuendo & a bit of blasphemy...you're on today Voice!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Oh no!!!!!!

Please say those rumors about the Jungle Cruise closing were false!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless of course, it would be closing to make way for a new "E-Ticket" attraction ala Fire Mountain or something.

[In my best Eric Cartman voice] Oh...Mah...Gawd!

You have got to be kidding me AV, there is no way in Hades Corperate Disney is closing down the Curise.

It must be opposites day...thats it, opposites day.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter