New Search Issues

W

WebmasterAlex

Please use this thread to post any problems with the new search system!

You can search with the following operators:
  • mickey - regular keyword search
  • mickey mouse - equivalent to mickey + mouse, or mickey AND mouse
  • mickey OR mouse - will return results from both or either keywords
  • mickey NOT mouse - you can also use mickey -mouse, will return results for mickey but not mouse
  • mi* - will return results that start with mi, in title only
  • *ey - will return results that end with ey, in title only
  • *ck* - will return results that contain ck, in title only

Note: The new search have embedded the morphological root of the word. That means it is a lot more flexible, related to search results. For example, if I search for "cat", it will return results for "cat" and "cats". If I search for "dogs", it will also return results for "dog" keywords.

I'm waiting to see what happens this afternoon when we cross 3k users on line... but so far it's looking good

Let's have fun with the search...
Try this: Go to Advanced Search, type the word ride into Keywords box and wait...

I'm pretty sure you will like this feature. It will suggest you keywords already searched by other users.
That should make your specific searches easier to identify. :)

I haven't really had a big play with it, but the search seems better now (much quicker than before).

One thing I have noticed though, is that the captcha doesn't work...

I tested this by selecting search (while not logged in), did a basic search for disneyland and then entered complete gibberish into the captcha box - my search went through fine even though what I entered was nothing even close to the words presented by the captcha challenge.

Can someone give me some tips on searching or maybe its not possible.

Some of the threads that come back in search results are just HUGE. Is it possible to search WITHIN a thread for something?

It would also be helpful when you know you read something in a thread, but now can't seem to find it again as the thread grows.

One thing I have noticed though, is that the captcha doesn't work...
Thanks, we will check it. :)

Is it possible to search WITHIN a thread for something?
Yes.

16c44zr.png

Regards,

Long time reader, but never a member until now. I just signed up specifically so I can thank you for the new search function. In recent months, the search feature wouldn't find anything older than April of last year and that appears to be fixed!

Also, for a long period of time, it would never give results for any word that had an apostophe in it (Cap'n Jack's was double damned in this regard). That doesn't seem to be as issue anymore either.

I gonna have fun testing out what this new version can do. Thanks again!

Can someone give me some tips on searching or maybe its not possible.

Some of the threads that come back in search results are just HUGE. Is it possible to search WITHIN a thread for something?

It would also be helpful when you know you read something in a thread, but now can't seem to find it again as the thread grows.
You can search for either threads, OR posts. In the advanced, select which you want.

I have tried searching within a thread, using that link in Searching a thread, and it comes back with some, but not all of which was being searched for.

Thanks for the great search feature! MUCH better than staring at the blue dog forever.

How complete is the index? When I search for my own posts, only 534 of my 654 posts show up.

Thanks for the great search feature! MUCH better than staring at the blue dog forever.

How complete is the index? When I search for my own posts, only 534 of my 654 posts show up.

It's limited to 500 results, if you said search before a certain date you should get the rest....

It's limited to 500 results, if you said search before a certain date you should get the rest....

Ahh, okay, it works now. The strange thing is that the limit actually seems, at least for me, to be 494 results, not 500.

Hello,

Could you please let me know where you saw the 534 results?
I went to your profile and clicked on tab Statistics: Find all posts by ahecht

I got 500 results. Does anyone else gets more then 500 results?
Thanks for the info.

Regards,

I searched for "One Year and Older" and "One Year and Newer" and totaled the results. Since the "One Year and Newer" search gave me 494 results, I assumed that I hadn't hit the 500 result cap. However, when I searched for "6 Months and Older" and "6 Months and Newer" and totaled the results, I got the correct number.

Still working great!!! That dog was cute, for maybe a day, but this really works!!!! :thumbsup2

I was disappointed that it took 2 years of complaints about that piece of garbage we had before(or at least it seemed like that long) but hey, the past is the past.
so.....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter