New Search Issues

Just a question... I did a search for "crowd levels may" (without the quotes) trying to find threads about the crowd levels in May. The search returned no results, but then I found a few threads pertaining to the crowd levels in May on my own just manually browsing through the Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board.

What am I doing wrong in my search efforts? Thank you!

:sunny:

Without those quotes, the search is looking for any posts that have any of those 3 words. With 3 very common words like that it was probably finding too many posts and giving you none. Try with the quotes.

Just a question... I did a search for "crowd levels may" (without the quotes) trying to find threads about the crowd levels in May. The search returned no results, but then I found a few threads pertaining to the crowd levels in May on my own just manually browsing through the Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board.

What am I doing wrong in my search efforts? Thank you!

:sunny:

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue, I will look into it ASAP.

Regards,

I'm still now completely understanding I guess - I'm trying to do a search on posts on the community board dealing with 2 story houses. I type 2 story in the search box and choose to look at titles only and it seems like it is coming up with anything with 2 or story for the results.

Thank You for this post..... I have been looking all morning for the Search feature.... I had even logged off and then back on... Still no luck. At least now I know I am not crazy for not seeing it!

Yeah, i pretty much thought I was going crazy. I always use the new posts link. Good to know I'm not the only one!

Please use this thread to post any problems with the new search system!

You can search with the following operators:
  • mickey - regular keyword search
  • mickey mouse - equivalent to mickey + mouse, or mickey AND mouse
  • mickey OR mouse - will return results from both or either keywords
  • mickey NOT mouse - you can also use mickey -mouse, will return results for mickey but not mouse
  • mi* - will return results that start with mi, in title only
  • *ey - will return results that end with ey, in title only
  • *ck* - will return results that contain ck, in title only

Note: The new search have embedded the morphological root of the word. That means it is a lot more flexible, related to search results. For example, if I search for "cat", it will return results for "cat" and "cats". If I search for "dogs", it will also return results for "dog" keywords.
Hi Alex,

I am trying to use the "-" and NOT search operators to exclude keywords but it does seem to understand it. The search treats those words as being used with AND.

Can you please provide correct syntax to implemet exclution?
Thanks, Stasya

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter