New security measure: Do not disturb signs being Removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a smart move by Disney. I have absolutely no problem with it, come on in. We just got back a few days ago and our rooms did have the "do not disturb signs" on them while we were there. We turned down mousekeeping for a $60 gift card but we noticed someone still stopped by to open our curtains and adjust the room temperature.
I wonder why they open the curtains. Wouldn't this help any potential thieves see that no one is in the room?

As this was rushed in at monorail resorts only to begin with, it seems to me that they thought there was a credible threat.

So, theatre or not, to me it is good that they are doing something extra in response to a possible threat.

This theatre alone may have prevented a mass attack on MK yesterday for all we know.

I thought it was still only for properties that have views that could be shooting galleries?

I wonder why they open the curtains. Wouldn't this help any potential thieves see that no one is in the room?

More likely to allow security to use polarized optics to see in.

As for the theft part; if seeing in is enough of an issues for Disney security to need it then anyone else doing the same would be spotted.

As for the theft part; if seeing in is enough of an issues for Disney security to need it then anyone else doing the same would be spotted.
You might be right about all this. But long ago, before such thorough security was needed as much as it is now, I found that the maids at CBR kept opening my curtains and leaving them that way, so I wondered if they had some other reason (maybe so I would enjoy the view when I got back). However, I don't recall this happening much at other WDW resorts. :confused:

That will be interesting since all three resorts have a DVC component. Housekeeping doesn't come every day for those rooms.

So are they really going to send cast members out to walk into each and every villa? Or are they going to skip those? Especially since Bay Lake Tower is DVC. Cash rooms will get daily housekeeping, but a majority of the villas won't.
My issue is privacy and safety. What the heck level of training does a "cast member" other than security have to enter your room?!? I have a service animal that sometimes in-room with DND on the door. He's everything to me and this is a major problem for my family. Does this effect the villas???

I fail to see why CYA is so horrendous here.

After defending 100's of GL claims all over the country, most idiotic cases never even make it to settlement. They just go away.

There is a serious liability issue with the Las Vegas situation, and thus any other high profile hotel.
B/c they need to find a CYA that doesn’t disturb guests. Let me say it’s more symbol over substance than CYA. It’s not really going to do anything but potentially disturb guests. They can do it differently but don’t want to spend the $.

Unfortunately we live in a world with people who don't have good intentions. This will be the Disney way of making sure people don't just place a do not disturb sign outside of their door for days on end, engaging in activity they shouldn't be on property. Wynn, in Las Vegas for example; if the Do Not Disturb sign has been outside of a hotel room door for 12 consecutive hours, it triggers an investigation into the matter at the hotel itself. So, realistically, this practice isn't all that new. While Disney may, or may not be going into everyones rooms daily. You probably may receive an in room phone call from the property you're on, if the room occupied sign has been outside of the door for a duration of time they see as suspicious; to A, see if you're ok, and B to see if based on how you're talking to them. Rather or not they need to start investigating your behavior further, or if they just need to send Disney security to your door for confirmation that you're ok, and that theres nothing fishy going on in your room that could raise a red flag.

It's fine if Disney wants to keep people safe or at least appear to. But what about customer satisfaction? That is very important in a service industry.

Of course people don't seem to care much when Disney makes these changes. Let another company do some of this and it's a different story.

Unfortunately we live in a world with people who don't have good intentions. This will be the Disney way of making sure people don't just place a do not disturb sign outside of their door for days on end, engaging in activity they shouldn't be on property. Wynn, in Las Vegas for example; if the Do Not Disturb sign has been outside of a hotel room door for 12 consecutive hours, it triggers an investigation into the matter at the hotel itself. So, realistically, this practice isn't all that new. While Disney may, or may not be going into everyones rooms daily. You probably may receive an in room phone call from the property you're on, if the room occupied sign has been outside of the door for a duration of time they see as suspicious; to A, see if you're ok, and B to see if based on how you're talking to them. Rather or not they need to start investigating your behavior further, or if they just need to send Disney security to your door for confirmation that you're ok, and that theres nothing fishy going on in your room that could raise a red flag.
At the same time people are being encouraged to bypass housekeeping. It seems contradictory.

I wonder why Disney is doing this so quietly and not making everyone aware on their web site or emailing those with reservations? Maybe because they know how ridiculous it is?

Actually, they have notified DVC members via a post on the DVC Member website AND via email.

But, I have to assume this change is because of insurance liability, and that when other hotels/motels insurance policies are renewed it will be pretty much nationwide, at least in tourist areas.

As a landlord myself, you wouldn't believe some of the insurance restrictions...like which types of pets or breeds of dogs my tenants are not permitted to have, and so forth.

Actually, they have notified DVC members via a post on the DVC Member website AND via email.

But, I have to assume this change is because of insurance liability, and that when other hotels/motels insurance policies are renewed it will be pretty much nationwide, at least in tourist areas.

As a landlord myself, you wouldn't believe some of the insurance restrictions...like which types of pets or breeds of dogs my tenants are not permitted to have, and so forth.
Yes I am aware of the DVC e-mail, that makes sense since they are "adding a benefit" and DVC members are "owners" but have they made hotel guests aware? I haven't gotten anything and most report being informed at check in.

This. We stayed at two hotels (different chains), over two weekends back in November. Both of them said they did away with DND signs. It's coming. Everywhere.

"If a Do Not Disturb sign has been outside of a hotel room door for 12 consecutive hours, it triggers an investigation..."

OMG!
That is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
Thanks for the chuckle. :)

I guess math isn't for everyone.

What do the black helicopters circling around every 15 minutes mean?
27581878349_12ca1d61f3_z.jpg

"If a Do Not Disturb sign has been outside of a hotel room door for 12 consecutive hours, it triggers an investigation..."

OMG!
That is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
Thanks for the chuckle. :)

I guess math isn't for everyone.
No kidding, I laughed out loud at that one.

So if someone heads to bed at nine and doesn't get up until nine, well, that triggers an investigation. HOW DARE YOU SLEEP THAT LONG.

What? does that mean I can't dress in private? (jumping up and down facing window and yelling whee):bounce::thumbsup2:rotfl:

Yes I am aware of the DVC e-mail, that makes sense since they are "adding a benefit" and DVC members are "owners" but have they made hotel guests aware? I haven't gotten anything and most report being informed at check in.

At a maintenance price increase. You don't think it's free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter