New Service Charge Holiday Inn Disney Springs

writerguyfl

DIS Veteran
Another one of the seven Disney Springs Hotels moves to the dark side. The Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs Area has started charging a $12/night service charge. I searched their official website, but couldn't find any explanation about what is included with this charge.

Summary of mandatory fees/charges as of July 12, 2017:
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: $25/night
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: $30/night
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: $12/night
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: $20/night
  • B Resort and Spa: $27/night
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista: $13.99/night
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: NONE!
Note: The prices above do not include tax. Parking charges are separate at all hotels.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I know you like it there.

But our favorite is still wearing the white hat. :banana:

And Wyndham $20 a night, they should be paying guests that.

Sadly, I think the DoubleTree will follow suit at some point.

I don't even consider the Wyndham, so I've never bothered to look to see if they had a resort fee. I was utterly shocked at the $20 figure. The Best Western surprised me, too. Last time I priced them (which was admittedly a long time ago), their resort fee was only $4.99/night.

Sadly, I think the DoubleTree will follow suit at some point.

I don't even consider the Wyndham, so I've never bothered to look to see if they had a resort fee. I was utterly shocked at the $20 figure. The Best Western surprised me, too. Last time I priced them (which was admittedly a long time ago), their resort fee was only $4.99/night.

Yes ... I hear you. My hope is they do have a hefty parking fee, especially for being the farthest one out. I love the suites and quiet of hotel but nothing there amenity wise is too special.

Yup, both of those are complete ripoffs.

Another one of the seven Disney Springs Hotels moves to the dark side. The Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs Area has started charging a $12/night service charge. I searched their official website, but couldn't find any explanation about what is included with this charge.

Summary of mandatory fees/charges as of July 12, 2017:
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: $25/night
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: $30/night
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: $12/night
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: $20/night
  • B Resort and Spa: $27/night
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista: $13.99/night
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: NONE!
Note: The prices above do not include tax. Parking charges are separate at all hotels.

We are staying on property in November but DW mother decided she was coming for a few nights towards the end of trip and she is looking to stay off property- I looked for cheap rooms for her but saw all the resort fees per night- at the rates they are charging its almost better to stay on property in some instances.

I also noticed and forgive me as I don't remember who it was - charging $10/night for WiFi as well

Whenever I read about these "service charges"/"resort fees"/etc. I'm always reminded of David Puddy as a car salesman sticking it to Jerry:

PUDDY: Let’s finish this up.

JERRY: Did you two break up?

PUDDY: (While punching up numbers on a calculator) That chick’s whacked. We’re history. (Back to the transaction) I just left out a couple of things:

rust-proofing..

JERRY: "Rust-proofing"?

PUDDY: (Reading off what he’s adding up on the calculator) Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder’s fee

JERRY: "Finder’s fee"? It was on the lot!

PUDDY: Yeah, that’s right. (Continues reading off) Floor mats, keys..

JERRY: ‘Keys"?!

PUDDY: How ya gonna start it?

http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheDealership.htm

I'm anxiously awaiting them charging us for room keys. That'll be awesome.

I also noticed and forgive me as I don't remember who it was - charging $10/night for WiFi as well

Most of the major chains use internet as a carrot to get people to book direct. Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, and Intercontinental Hotels (Holiday Inn) charge guests for internet if they book through a third-party site like Expedia or Orbitz. If you join their frequent guest program (which is always free), you get complimentary internet. Hotels pay commissions to those third-party sites. Typically, the cost of those commissions is higher than the cost to provide internet for those who book directly.

It wasn't that many years ago that I could get a 3* hotel on Hotwire in that area for $35-40 a night inclusive. I'm glad that I bought DVC about 15 years ago. I can now stay for less money (even after the annual dues) and get all of the Disney perks. I just bought a Platinum Plus annual pass for several hundred dollars less than list price. Yes Disney is still way expensive - but it helps to cut what you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter