New show on AMC, The Terror

Really? I just thought he was clean-shaven due to it being flashbacks, and he was new onboard the ship, so he didn't know his way around. Back then, men signed on to be sailors for work--they just needed a job, even if they didn't know anything about sailing.

They showed a young clean shaved different Hickey getting his work papers at the beginning and then at the end they show our Hickey arriving for duty with the facial hair. He's a cra cra who maybe killed real Hickey and took his work papers. When the guy, checking him in, notices Hickey doesn't know what he's doing and says something about trying something new and Hickey says 'trying everything new'. ALso, notice the storage locker box he's standing by, that he's assigned to. It's the same one Capt Crozier closes as they leave the ship. Remember the close up of the initials...and Crozier looks at them too (I think he runs his fingers across them). Initials were EC. Not CH for Hickey. Also leads one to wonder about the C in the EC initials....hmmmm.

I must re-watch that episode. Thanks for the information. :) I wonder what the new episode tonight will reveal.

Really? I just thought he was clean-shaven due to it being flashbacks, and he was new onboard the ship, so he didn't know his way around. Back then, men signed on to be sailors for work--they just needed a job, even if they didn't know anything about sailing.

Yes, that was how I saw it too. He didn't know which way to go and said he had not been on a boat this large before, so I too assumed it was showing when he first joined up.

I've been watching but like others I have a hard time understanding some dialogue. I may try subtitles even though my husband hates subtitles. He says he pays too much attention to the subtitles and not whatever is happening on the screen.

He's an impostor. The actor mentioned, in an interview, that they did it because the actual Hickey has family still alive and they didn't want to make him a villain so they have an impostor be the villian.

Isn't the real villain that polar bear monster? :rotfl2:Only 2 more Episodes left? So it's a mini series?

Isn't the real villain that polar bear monster? :rotfl2:Only 2 more Episodes left? So it's a mini series?
they renewed for another season but nobody is sure what that will be....like True Detective with a new story or will they deviate from history maybe and keep some characters going???

they renewed for another season but nobody is sure what that will be....like True Detective with a new story or will they deviate from history maybe and keep some characters going???

I'm glad to hear it's renewed but I hope they do a new story.

But it won't be close to the book.

So, i's good? I started watching the first episode but couldn't understand a word they were saying. Much like Taboo, I thought it would be enjoyable but was nearly impossible to understand. Eventually I was able to get into Taboo with subtitles and towards the end of the season I didn't really need them anymore to catch what they were saying, it just takes a while to train your ear to it.

I'll have to try this one again, but with subtitiles.

Yeah, I had to turn on subtitles after the first episode. And I watch each episode twice to pick up all the little nuances. It is good.

He's an impostor. The actor mentioned, in an interview, that they did it because the actual Hickey has family still alive and they didn't want to make him a villain so they have an impostor be the villian.

OK I am going to have to rewatch. I admit to not paying full attention at the time, but never even thought about an imposter being involved!

So, i's good? I started watching the first episode but couldn't understand a word they were saying. Much like Taboo, I thought it would be enjoyable but was nearly impossible to understand. Eventually I was able to get into Taboo with subtitles and towards the end of the season I didn't really need them anymore to catch what they were saying, it just takes a while to train your ear to it.

I'll have to try this one again, but with subtitiles.

I really liked Taboo but went on vacation and never caught up. I still have them on my dvr because I do plan on watching them eventually.
I totally be agree about training your ear. I watch a lot of British dramas so i've gotten ok with the accent but I always have the tv louder than usual.

Did Fitzjames die? What is his illness? Has that been revealed?

I just watched this episode last night. This show just gets more and more intense. I love it. Read the book but it's been so long ago that I really cannot remember what happens. Tobias Menzies (James Fitzjames) is one of my favorite actors. I was sad to see him go.

I just watched this episode last night. This show just gets more and more intense. I love it. Read the book but it's been so long ago that I really cannot remember what happens. Tobias Menzies (James Fitzjames) is one of my favorite actors. I was sad to see him go.

I have a hard time watching him since he was Black Jack on Outlander. That character was so disturbing. (And he must have played it well, that it's stuck with me this long.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter