New "SWAP" Idea, No scrapping involved!

TinkerKat

<font color=coral>The only thing that "I own" that
Hello there gals! Ok, so I was admiring an Album that Cass (aka Timon) did and found myself thinking, shoot! I wish I had taken a picture of that!

Since the last two swaps were real kickers, interuppted by "my so called life" :rotfl:

I got to thinking, How about a "non-working" scrap. Ok, they'll be some work involved, but minimal, and no scrapping.

I'm thinking a PICTURE SWAP. I'd happily host it.
It's pretty straight forward, we pick through our pictures of "objects" or characters, (no people) that might be useful in someones scrap pages. Make enough copies for participants and swap.

For instance, DisneyFreak Jackie has a layout and I love a Picture she has of
the "ToonTown" sign. Cass has a picture of the "See ya later mon" from Castaway Cay, as well the name "Magic" and the Hercules show. I have a multitude of pictures of The Disney Cruise Menus, The Golden Mickey's sign,
TheDowntown Disney Toy Store sign etc.
Am I making sense? :blush:
We can make two categories for A & B A= Cruise B= Parks?

I'm also looking to see if anyone took pictures on the Magic of the wall that gives you all the "stats" of the ship... how many cups of coffee a day, how many pillows, ship is as tall as... and as heavy as etc. It's a posted outside of Shutters.
Let me know what you gals think.
Can't wait to get the Cruise swap goodies! GreatWeekend to all!

OK, this could be a cool swap. And, since I did my most recent cruise & parks on CD's from Costco, it would be very easy for me. Do you think people would want to list some of the pics they are looking for or should we list some of the unusual pics we took?

Jeanne

This sounds cool...(this would be my first swap)... I am interested, in Parks--- never did the cruise (yet). What types of pics are people looking for. Just wondering......

I'm in. Just let me know the details. I am forever looking for good ride or sign pictures just to complement my pages.
Pammyjo

I'm interested, and I have several pix of the fronts of rides, but of course, I'm missing a few I'd like to have for my ride swap goodies. Let us know the details!

Oh, man, this is an illness....I should've never touched the "crafting & scrapping" button....

So yes, I'm in!!! :rotfl:

after looking at Timons' finished album was a page idea swap. You would make up a completed page without pics, copy it as many times as participants and swap them out. This way we would have a great idea book that you could use for years to come. What do you think? plus the work is minimal as you only really do a two page layout and run to the local kinkos for copies....:)and you keep your original....

goofymom/pop said:
after looking at Timons' finished album was a page idea swap. You would make up a completed page without pics, copy it as many times as participants and swap them out. This way we would have a great idea book that you could use for years to come. What do you think? plus the work is minimal as you only really do a two page layout and run to the local kinkos for copies....:)and you keep your original....

I Like that Idea too---- it never hurts to have more disney ideas!!!

I'm in. I will have to check my CD and see if I have any to share. Mine would be parks pics.

A photo exchange sounds wonderful! Everyone makes fun of me for the unusual pictures I take (carpets and bedspreads, for example) I might have some park pictures other people would like!

I love this idea, but had another thought. The other day I was looking at one of DisneyFreakJackies albums she has posted on Sony's Imagestation. I saw several pictures that I could use, so I asked her if she minded if I printed them. She gave me the go ahead and I ordered what prints I wanted directly from Imagestation. Got them in 2 days. (Thanks Jackie). Anyway, what if everyone posted the pictures they would like to share on a site like that in a public album, then you could look through everyone elses and pick exactly which pictures you want. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

eeyoreforever said:
I love this idea, but had another thought. The other day I was looking at one of DisneyFreakJackies albums she has posted on Sony's Imagestation. I saw several pictures that I could use, so I asked her if she minded if I printed them. She gave me the go ahead and I ordered what prints I wanted directly from Imagestation. Got them in 2 days. (Thanks Jackie). Anyway, what if everyone posted the pictures they would like to share on a site like that in a public album, then you could look through everyone elses and pick exactly which pictures you want. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

I like this idea, that way people don't waste money on pictures no one will use and everyone can print all the pictures they want. If they want several from one person they can order them.

eeyoreforever said:

I like this idea also, It works better for those of us who have limited pics w/o people, but have park pics to share. Finding a site we all could log into and post the pics would work out GR8!!--- looking forward to seeing all the pics and spending more $$$$$!!! :teeth:

I knew I should have stayed out of this thread after the initial read through! For various reasons I wasn't all that interested until I read eeyoreforever's idea. But I really, really like that idea! There are always pix I want for a LO that I either thought we took or that didn't turn out or the roll of film it was on got lost or destroyed or....

Let me know what site you all decide to use as I've never done that!

I too didn't think I would be interested in this swap, but I love the idea of posting pictures on a site and being able to find the ones that will be just perfect for "that one layout."

That is an awsome idea. I would be more than willing to post my pics for everyone else to "browse" through and use.

I have an account on shutterfly-- that is just for my disney pics--- is anyone interested in using this type of service to have all of our pics on?? I could open an account and give eveyone access to get pics??? Just wondering.

OK--- here it goes.... I set up an accout at shutterfly.com

http://www.shutterfly.com/home/signin_member.jsp

The log in email address is wdwscrapper@yahoo.com
and the password is mickey all lowercase letters.

The only part you have to remember is to go back and delete your credit/payment info after you place your order. If you have questions, I will try to answer. I have used shutterfly and ofoto and kodak before with no problems, sharing the account with other family members--- so since you guys/gals are my dis family---- go for it.

Happy picture hunting!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter