• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Table Service Restuarant opening on August 28th at Epcot's Japan Pavillion

We liked Tokyo Dining. I remember when my boys were little they liked getting their meal in a bullet train car. I think a sushi restaurant might be better for them though. I think Tokyo Dining wasn't as popular any more, unfortunately. The new fancier restaurant downstairs (can't remember the name off the top of my head) was really good.

I'm excited! At least what they are showing in their marketing looks on point!

Looking forward to this. I'll be down there mid July! 🫰

Last edited:

Have there been any updates about this? I feel like they announced it was coming and then just forgot about it. I haven't seen anything else.

im going in September but since it will be my first time at food and wine festival i'm not doing any restaurant. but when i go next year i'll give this place a go after i see some reviews :)

Have there been any updates about this? I feel like they announced it was coming and then just forgot about it. I haven't seen anything else.
Came to this thread wondering the same thing. It’s summer now so I assume it should be opening soon, but I haven’t seen any updates.

Those dishes all look yummy, just afraid they will not have the "izakaya inspired" prices to match so will have to restrict to one or two choices.
Shame looks like will not get to make the okonomiyaki ourselves, as it is shown prepared and plated, would be a fun experience and quite funny to see people trying to flip them on the grill only to see their whole entree collapse between the spatula. (which I have had happen a few times ¬-¬, completely salvagable but the face palms from the rest of the party. Totally worth it.)
Still jumps to the top of booking priority when my trips booking window opens up. nomnomnom.

I am allergic to "finny" fish, but not shellfish.
I wonder what options they will have for people who cannot eat fish.
Although probably will not risk it to avoid cross-contamination, but it is fun to look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter