New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Sea World or Busch Gardens
Disney and Univeral are a solid 1 A and 1 B, which is A and which is B will vary by who you ask. But #2? Nah, not today.
They are pushing each other, without question. Universal has a 4th gate in the works and Universal being a 1 now, keeps Disney hopping in the creativity dept. Neither better rest on their laurels or they won't be 1A/B anymore.
I am talking about market share. (Which is what drives innovation/prices in a competitive market).

When you look at total number of guests served .. Universal is has nowhere NEAR the market share of Disney.
Is Universal cutting into the market share of Disney .. yes .. but until more people go to Universal than Disney, Disney has no reason to adjust its prices. People are lining up to pay the higher prices that Disney has.

And until then Universal has to price things to get people to try them over Disney (or build another gate) .. or both.

In terms of "quality" .. you could argue they are near the same. But that is pretty subjective.
Parents of preschoolers would consider Disney WAY better than Universal. Parents of teenagers would probably consider Universal way better.

About a week or so ago when the my Disney experience page got “enhanced” I noticed two one day tickets that where listed under my daughters profiles. We where on vacation at the time so I did not think about it a lot. Honestly my husband and I could not remember having those tickets before but there they where amd of course now they are gone. Was there a glitch that showed old tickets from October 2015 (that was the date on them 10/24/15-12/31/30 one day one park tickets for Epcot, Hollywood studios or animal kingdom)

Was there a glitch that showed...
There have been glitches that have shown (or hidden) every kind of oddity.

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

That made me smile !!!!
Thanks

Whenever I am on the phone with Disney and even mention the word “glitch” they ack like they have never heard of such a thing ... I am very far from tec savvy and I even get lost in the real world but I do believe in glitch’s (I do I do)
I am pretty sure we do not have any one day tickets left so they where not mine anyways but it was funny to see them disappear so fast (I do have some old 7 day tickets that better never vanish and that is why I check every now and then just to be safe)

Please forgive me I feel this is obvious or has been answered already somewhere...
I am planning to pull the trigger this evening and get Park hoppers from UT for my daughter’s graduation trip in June. We are considering APs for DH and I (or at least one of us) in order to take advantage of parking and other discounts but we’ve never had them and the sticker shock is real!
My plan was to see how finances shake out in the next 6 months and hopefully upgrade the UT Parkhoppers onsite in June. Does anyone have insight on the likelihood of ticket changes/AP changes making this kind of last minute upgrade a bad investment?
Also, with current changes, it is seeming a bit like Russian roulette to buy a just-in-case-ticket for DD20 who’s not sure yet that she can get away to join us... Any thoughts on Disney changing their current handling of unused but “expired” tix ?
Thank you!

So my AP expires on November 1st... I thought about renewing it onsite next week when I'm down there... But with the new pricing thing coming out tomorrow should I bite the bullet and renew tonight?

So my AP expires on November 1st... I thought about renewing it onsite next week when I'm down there... But with the new pricing thing coming out tomorrow should I bite the bullet and renew tonight?

APs may or may not be affected tomorrow.
But, it can't HURT to renew now.

Please forgive me I feel this is obvious or has been answered already somewhere...
I am planning to pull the trigger this evening and get Park hoppers from UT for my daughter’s graduation trip in June. We are considering APs for DH and I (or at least one of us) in order to take advantage of parking and other discounts but we’ve never had them and the sticker shock is real!
My plan was to see how finances shake out in the next 6 months and hopefully upgrade the UT Parkhoppers onsite in June. Does anyone have insight on the likelihood of ticket changes/AP changes making this kind of last minute upgrade a bad investment?
Also, with current changes, it is seeming a bit like Russian roulette to buy a just-in-case-ticket for DD20 who’s not sure yet that she can get away to join us... Any thoughts on Disney changing their current handling of unused but “expired” tix ?
Thank you!
I am in your same boat. We are all betting that Disney will honor the passes that we buy now. I think they will because that is the agreement we made with them when we bought the passes. Once we upgrade, I think all bets are off. I am planning to upgrade in January so I'm sure we'll all know the procedure by now.

As I understand things, emailed passes purchased today are valid for use through 12/31/2019 and we don't have to pay more to use them. After that they still hold their initial value but we will be forced to exchange them for (then) current tickets and pay the difference in pricing even if it's the same days/features.

I too am sitting on the fence as to whether I should but tickets for my DD and her BF for December/January. My DD might come and her BF might join her but neither may come but if they do I'm not sure how long they intend to stay. Somewhere between 6-9 days.

Thank you!
All I can say is that when Disney made the change from "Park Hopper", "Park Hopper Plus" and "Ultimate Park Hoppers" to the current "Magic Your Way" passes in 2005 they continued to honor the PH, PHP, and UPH tickets at the gate but they could not be upgraded. My fear is that this will be the same when they roll out this new ticket structure tomorrow. 2005 was the last time that such a major overhaul of the ticket system was done. Changes that have occurred since that time (eliminating the no-expiry option, adding an expiration date) have been minor changes in comparison?

Have a trip booked for 11/27-12/4. Didnt buy tickets yet. If I wait until tomorrow can I still nab cheaper park hoppers from UT AFTER the new pricing structure is announced? Trying to see if I can save a few bucks with a trip planned right before Christmas

Have a trip booked for 11/27-12/4. Didnt buy tickets yet. If I wait until tomorrow can I still nab cheaper park hoppers from UT AFTER the new pricing structure is announced? Trying to see if I can save a few bucks with a trip planned right before Christmas
UT usually has some tickets in stock after prices change. I might wait if I were you because that's one of the cheapest times to go and you may luck out with better pricing under the new system. It all depends on how lucky you feel :).

Len Testa has confirmed, in this thread, that third-Party ticket sellers will be selling these current tickets through October 29th.

There's no way to know the answer. In the past, ticket sellers have been able to sell their inventory of older tickets following a price increase. But with a complete overhaul of the ticketing system, it might not be possible. UT has been selling physical tickets that have a Feb. 28, 2019 expiration while their e-tickets expire Dec. 31, 2019. I imagine that come tomorrow, there will not be an inventory of e-tickets from prior to the change and only a limited number of physical tickets with Feb. 2019 expiration dates, which they will be able to sell thru the end of this month.

APs may or may not be affected tomorrow.
But, it can't HURT to renew now.
  1. I assume if an AP is not yet eligible for renewal, as the current expiration date is well beyond the maximum 60 day renewal window, that there is no way to renew or purchase a voucher now (never heard of a renewal voucher). Hopefully, Disney will continue to offer a discount on renewals.
  2. The only current way to reduce the cost of a renewal is to tender a discounted unused ticket, purchased from an authorized reseller, and hope the ticket will be bridged.

Whenever I am on the phone with Disney and even mention the word “glitch” they ack like they have never heard of such a thing ... I am very far from tec savvy and I even get lost in the real world but I do believe in glitch’s (I do I do)
Even if they don’t cop to it, Disney believes in glitches, too. That’s why -ever since Halloween season started this year - MDE has been running amuck amuck amuck.

Having kept up with this thread since it started and wondering what’ll happen to ticket prices, it was refreshing to see Universal’s deal to get an additional 3-6 months free on their annual passes. Having considered one a few times, it was an easy decision with all the Disney uncertainty. And with no need to activate the Universal AP until early April, I now have a hedge when my Disney AP expires later that same month. Whether I renew or take some time off from the Disney AP (and the more frequent trips that brings) is entirely up to how the pricing and terms break down in this new “ticket era”.

Well .. in anticipation of tomorrow (and even though no prices have been announced (and no Annual Pass pricing changes have been announced), I had my wife run to Target and buy up a LOT of Disney Gift Cards --- ($1500 worth for only $1425 (after 5% Red Card discount) to purchase our Annual Passes tonight (rather than waiting for our trip in a few weeks).

Man .. why do they carry so few $100 cards? Why not $500 ones? She had to get thirty $50 cards (the poor people behind her in the check-out line). Who is spending only $50 at Disney? LOL.
Maybe they just do that to make it not worth getting the 5% discount :).

It's too late now, but you can purchase Disney e gift cards on target.com in up to $500 denominations. It gets sent directly to your email and the 5% Red Card discount still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter