New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need a little clarification...

I have 7-day park-hoppers, purchased in January 2017 (before expiration dates were established) that I have NOT linked to anyone in MDE yet. They are supposed to be going to my daughters for our trip in October 2019. Will I have any problems using those 7-day park hoppers next year? My parents and sister also have their tickets for next year too, but since things can change, I told them not to link them yet, just in case something happens. Since the tickets were purchased from UCT and they have not been opened yet, they are still returnable as long as they are not linked in MDE. If this new ticketing system is going to create a problem with "old" tickets, perhaps they should link them now, just to be safe.

I watched their video ...
So if I have a four day, which I imagine is very common, it showed I only had 7 days from first use. The only way I could use it longer, would be pay $50 or buy a big ticket I might not need. Even a 5 day ticket wouldn't give me much play.

I know some that stay at Disney hotels but go to Disney a few days, then Universal or the other attractions, then finish back at Disney parks. If they can't do that, why wouldn't they just do Disney for four days then completely go off site and move over to Universal ... nice deluxes, many newer and better priced hotels?

Disney is only doing this for increase in revenue, so guests are going to pay more in the end if they choose to make Disney homebase. No better time to begin those split stays.
And the info we need confirmed is if any length ticket can be used at will spread out during an onsite stay. So could someone start off at Disney-onsite, move to Uni for a few days, then return to Disney-onsite and still be okay with that 1 multi-day ticket?

We’ll just have to wait to know, unfortunately. I’ve been in FL for a week now and have yet to go into a Disney park. Vero Beach with its Disney vibe, Dole Whip, and food comparable to GFla Cafe was a very good alternative to a park. Perhaps that’ll be a good option for others.

I watched their video ...
So if I have a four day, which I imagine is very common, it showed I only had 7 days from first use. The only way I could use it longer, would be pay $50 or buy a big ticket I might not need. Even a 5 day ticket wouldn't give me much play.

I know some that stay at Disney hotels but go to Disney a few days, then Universal or the other attractions, then finish back at Disney parks. If they can't do that, why wouldn't they just do Disney for four days then completely go off site and move over to Universal ... nice deluxes, many newer and better priced hotels?

Disney is only doing this for increase in revenue, so guests are going to pay more in the end if they choose to make Disney homebase. No better time to begin those split stays.
Always do the DW/Universal split stays just so I can get the Express Passes with their 3 deluxe resorts.

You’re the BEST!
DH has another question I haven’t seen an answer for. If we bought AP’s planning to activate them in early 2019’ is it possible/ likely restrictions can be placed on them in the future? I think the answer is yes.
I also believe the answer is ‘yes’ specifically for APs that have blockout dates. All of this restructuring is getting put into place in anticipation of SWGE opening and then the 50th Anniversary celebration for MK.

Are we*sure*that the cost for the entire length of ticket purchase will be based on the first date we select?

Perfect. Going to buy my tickets tonight then. No chance at all that this new system will result in any lower prices for anyone so just going to buy now.
I haven't read this whole thread yet, and I've never used Undercover Tourist before, but my first reaction was the same:' "I'm getting my tickets from UT for next year's two trips tonight."

But I just want to make sure I understand. So you just buy the tickets and assign them to your room reservation in your MDE account? And the fast pass window opens at 60 (or 30) days from then? I want the same old Disney service at the same old (not so old, but about to be history) price!

I'm Canadian...and there currently is a Canadian ticket offer that we can purchase up to March 15th 2019 - with tickets purchased good until end of September 2019.

We are going August 2019. Plan was to save up some cash to buy these tickets in the new year...but now not sure will happen with the October 16th date that this pricing kicks in!

I haven't read this whole thread yet, and I've never used Undercover Tourist before, but my first reaction was the same:' "I'm getting my tickets from UT for next year's two trips tonight."

But I just want to make sure I understand. So you just buy the tickets and assign them to your room reservation in your MDE account? And the fast pass window opens at 60 (or 30) days from then? I want the same old Disney service at the same old (not so old, but about to be history) price!
You assign the tickets to actual or fake people in your MDX account.

It’s the room reservation that allows the FP window to open and your linked tickets allow the FP booking.

This really has nothing to do with shifting crowds around. This has to do with “these people can only come at a certain time of year so let’s get more money out of them”
Direct quote from the Disney Parks Blog post:

"Introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience."

Ok, I apologize as I haven't had time to read the whole thread - I was buying my son, his wife and my grandson a one-day MK ticket for their visit in December, but we don't know which day we are going as I am a FL resident, have an AP already, and we were just going to go on a nice day during the week they are here as a surprise for my grandson. Are you telling me that now I have to pick a day and have no option other than that day? Are there refunds if you don't use the ticket? I was getting a one-day pass that was good for a year from the voucher in case their travel plans change, and now it looks like I might not bother at all... :(

Hoping that the discount resellers (UT, parksavers etc) will still be able to offer discounts in this new system.

I’m optimistic, since they seem to be able to with the one day tiering...

Ok, I apologize as I haven't had time to read the whole thread - I was buying my son, his wife and my grandson a one-day MK ticket for their visit in December, but we don't know which day we are going as I am a FL resident, have an AP already, and we were just going to go on a nice day during the week they are here as a surprise for my grandson. Are you telling me that now I have to pick a day and have no option other than that day? Are there refunds if you don't use the ticket? I was getting a one-day pass that was good for a year from the voucher in case their travel plans change, and now it looks like I might not bother at all... :(
Just go to your MDX account now and buy your 1-day MK tickets. They can be used in December or if not used, will retain their value.

A 1-day ticket for December is approx $126.

I wonder how upgrading tickets will work in the future. Are they trying to stop people from applying them to APs? I’m so torn on what to do with my PHs in my account.

Direct quote from the Disney Parks Blog post:

"Introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience."
Lol...well of course that's how a business who is planning on taking more money is going to spin it.... I dont think you'll ever find a quote from Disney admitting that they're doing something to make or save them money, but that's ALWAYS what it's about. It's completely just about them charging more.

Hoping that the discount resellers (UT, parksavers etc) will still be able to offer discounts in this new system.

I’m optimistic, since they seem to be able to with the one day tiering...
The ticket resellers were trained on this new system in August. Their businesses won’t be affected...they’ll just be answering more questions. ;)

Wondering how this will impact my plan to upgrade my MYW Pkg tickets to a Platinum AP in November? Currently have a 5 day ticket with our booked package. I planned to go to Guest Relations at Disney Springs before our first park day and upgrade the whole family ... will I still be able to do this? Will they apply the "old cost" to the AP or the new pricing structure? I am currently looking at paying about $1500 to upgrade when we get there. I would be ok if it's a bit more, but a big jump (or inability to upgrade at all) would make AP's cost prohibitive this go 'round.

Our plan for the forseeable future is AP's. Will wait to see how those are affected. We activate our current AP in December and have 4 trips during those 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter