• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
APs can be renewed up to 60 days in advance of their anniversary (activated) date.

Thanks, Robo! I went ahead and renewed via the MDE app, no issues. Pleased because this will pay for itself in one trip this year!

Everything looks "normal" when I go there.

The link I always use is- https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/
I think something happened when I got the Stitch page. It kept redirecting me to the EU site. I closed the browser and cleared the history, and everything is back to normal.

Anyone have any insight as to whether the third-party sellers, like UT, will continue selling the existing tickets until inventory is depleted or if they will be removing them from inventory tomorrow. (In the past, they've continued selling old tickets for a few extra days.) Also, do we know if they will be offering the newly priced tickets at a discount?

Excellent... thank you! So many variables. I may hang tight another day to have more information before pulling the trigger. If only we knew more about what would happen with the annual passes.
All the 3rd party sites will sell whatever inventory of old (today's current) tickets they have, till it's gone. Impossible to guess how many they have so impossible to guess how fast they'll sell out. I would assume fast if the increase is high or changes are vastly negative. So don't hang tight too long.

Strange. The tickets page on the Disney site is now taking me to what looks like the new ticket system, all quoted in Euro prices.
Sounds like you accidentally got on the EU site (I did that with the Canada site recently and took me dumping the cookie from my history till I got it to stop using that site instead of the US one)

I honestly don’t know what to think about Disney right now on a lot of levels. The dramatic posts on these boards don’t help my mindset, either.

I want to believe that all vouchers will be honored no matter when they were purchased. I think it would be a real mess if they didn’t. I’m still entitled to my own concerns, though.

ETA: I think we can throw history out the window. It’s a new era of Disney coming.
Something else, the poster here that works at Disney ticketing has posted that they have been provided nothing to indicate there is any change to the AP structure coming on the 16th. They have been training/learning on the tickets so if AP were changing the 16th, they would know. This is not referring to prices just structure of AP offered.

The language above is a notice to people who haven't purchased yet... that the offer being shown is subject to modification at any time. But once you've paid your money, the contract is sealed with whatever terms were in effect when payment was exchanged. If Disney quietly removes the "no blockout dates" language from the page and you buy after the change, they can point to the language that it was "subject to change" if you complain.

Disney has a very strong legal department to avoid class action lawsuits. So, if they advertise "no blockout dates" I would accept that as a contract. They don't want to be paying settlements to the swarms of lawyers who are looking for a big corporation to trip up. Just as, if you booked your on-site room when Disney was advertising "free overnight parking" you could rest assured that when that policy changed, the old "free" language still applied to you. And when I redeem my old 1990's era "all three parks" hopper ticket that I found in my parent's garage, they will honor that for at least every park except Animal Kingdom.
Yes, exactly. NO blackouts is not vague or open ended. No is no.

Something else, the poster here that works at Disney ticketing has posted that they have been provided nothing to indicate there is any change to the AP structure coming on the 16th. They have been training/learning on the tickets so if AP were changing the 16th, they would know. This is not referring to prices just structure of AP offered.

I know that, which is why I said I am going to wait. I posted upthread that I think they'll roll this out and THEN make whatever changes to APs they will make.

Honestly there isn't any point on beating this dead horse.

Just wanted to let everyone know we will have a new thread with a full run down of all the pricing and ins and outs of the new ticket system. Obviously it will be updated as we go along. Everything goes into effect tomorrow so bear with us as we are all learning the new ticket system. Thanks!

All the 3rd party sites will sell whatever inventory of old (today's current) tickets they have, till it's gone. Impossible to guess how many they have so impossible to guess how fast they'll sell out. I would assume fast if the increase is high or changes are vastly negative. So don't hang tight too long.

Yes, thank you. I don't plan on hanging too long. Our first travel dates will almost certainly be during a "value" period, so I'd hate to rush and buy tickets when it is possible that prices will be the same or perhaps even a tad bit lower - justifying the huge hike we all expect for "peak" periods.

Just wanted to let everyone know we will have a new thread with a full run down of all the pricing and ins and outs of the new ticket system. Obviously it will be updated as we go along. Everything goes into effect tomorrow so bear with us as we are all learning the new ticket system. Thanks!
Thanks, Ryan.
Can you set up the thread today, so that we can watch it?

Well I have figured out that buying a UT 10 day hopper today and upgrading in December (assuming no AP price increase) would save me $46 -vs- just buying an AP today with Disney GCs purchased from Target. It seems like the 10 day hopper leaves me open to policy changes on the upgrade and a potential increase in the AP price.

How much do I really want to stress about $46?

If I needed 5 APs, I'd stress, but I'm moving on. I really need to focus my stress onto what a nightmare getting my FPs tomorrow morning during all the ticket price change madness could be. And whether or not the IG will be open during my trip... and if I'll ever get that last ADR..... and....

Lol

So...we are planning on going in 2019 for a week

If I buy a set of regular tickets today, will they retain the ability to use them on any date (until the expiration date)

In other words, I won't have to worry about all of this date nonsense, which is pretty important to us because we reschedule trips often due to various circumstances
Correct.

So I just pulled the trigger and ordered 7-day hoppers from UT for use next year.

Apologies if this was already asked - I have a trip in a few weeks using a UT 5-day hopper. If I don't want to deal with the prioritization nonsense, can I wait and not link the tickets until after our 2018 trip? That is, will the system still recognize "old style" ticket confirmations/linking once the new system is in effect?

Thanks!

Sorry I didn't read through all 52 pages. If I put a deposit down on a ticket/room package today, but don't pay in full, would I then still receive the "old" tickets, or is the type of tickets I'll get based on when full payment is received?

So I just pulled the trigger and ordered 7-day hoppers from UT for use next year.

Apologies if this was already asked - I have a trip in a few weeks using a UT 5-day hopper. If I don't want to deal with the prioritization nonsense, can I wait and not link the tickets until after our 2018 trip? That is, will the system still recognize "old style" ticket confirmations/linking once the new system is in effect?

Thanks!
Yes or link the tickets that you don't want to use to a dummy person on your MDE account. You can move around, reassign unused tickets to your heart's content. That way, you can get them linked and avoid any headaches from losing the code.

Sorry I didn't read through all 52 pages. If I put a deposit down on a ticket/room package today, but don't pay in full, would I then still receive the "old" tickets, or is the type of tickets I'll get based on when full payment is received?
It would lock you into the current, today's type of ticket.

Thanks!
Yes, you can wait to link the tickets. Tickets don't have to be linked by today, just purchased. So hang onto the email and link them once your upcoming trip is finished.

Yes or link the tickets that you don't want to use to a dummy person on your MDE account. You can move around, reassign unused tickets to your heart's content. That way, you can get them linked and avoid any headaches from losing the code.

Yes, you can wait to link the tickets. Tickets don't have to be linked by today, just purchased. So hang onto the email and link them once your upcoming trip is finished.

Appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter