New Trips

now all we have to do is make it to tomorrow!:cool1:

Next year's dates are posted but I don't see any new trips. In fact several are missing from the web site (null pages), such as the Czech Republic and Austria, Spain and Provence and Paris.
They may be just in the process of changing over new data.

Looks like there are no signature trips either. I am inclined to think these trips are not being offered but I'll guess we'll see if the website is updated today. I am kind of disappointed that there are no new trips (yet).

Just got off the phone with ABD and ABD is not offering early booking rates anymore. The agent said that Disney thinks their tour prices are correct without having to offer any incentives. Even the $100 returning ABD member (per person) discount is not being offered.

No new trips, two of the trips I was most interested in cancelled (Paris/Provence and Spain), and no early booking discount or repeat traveler discount....hm. Guess I won't be booking any ABD trips for 2010.

Just got off the phone with ABD and ABD is not offering early booking rates anymore. The agent said that Disney thinks their tour prices are correct without having to offer any incentives. Even the $100 returning ABD member (per person) discount is not being offered.

They must not be achieving a pre-determined profit margin so they are cutting where ever possible without jeopardizing quality.

Guess I won't be booking any ABD trips for 2010.
Sadly I won't be either but not because of Disney ... just skipping a year and doing something different.

15 minute count down to nothing new. Like I said a month ago...bye bye Austria, Spain and France. No EBR or repeat customer discounts. Signature for Viva only. SO you either take what I say to heart or ignore it and get the OFFICIAL word in 15 minutes. Several new gateways TBA in October. Again nothing special. Air is being booked through a consolidator and being marked up an additional $15 per person over what you can buy it yourself for online. Now that is a real deal!

I'm confused about the difference between the listed rates per trip date, and the "Regular Rates" range posted above that. For instance, for Alaska, the adult rate "Regular rate" is: Adult $3,479 - $4,269 . But the lowest listed price in the date section for an adult is $3599. Could that be an early booking discount somehow? (I'm still hopeful...)
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, or they still have to update the website, but I'd be surprised if they posted it incorrectly initially.

Looks like there are no signature trips either. I am inclined to think these trips are not being offered but I'll guess we'll see if the website is updated today. I am kind of disappointed that there are no new trips (yet).

Last year the signature trips weren't uploaded to the website until about a week after the regular trips were so they may still be offered.

So in response to the economy, they RAISE prices??? I can understand cutting out less popular trips, but cutting the early booking discount with a price increase? Viva Italia last year was 3399 with my EBD, the same trip this year is 4049 without a discount. It will be interesting to see what Tauck does. Provence/Paris was my choice for 2012, maybe they'll reinstate trips depending on the economy in two years, but the prices won't go down and I doubt they'll reinstate the early booking discount.

Quads and Triple now being forced into Doubles for more profit margin. What a great deal! Just 5 minutes to nothing new

ABD could have had my deposit and trip insurance money today, but with no early booking discount, I'm going to have to reconsider my plans. I was planning to book the Galapogos Islands trip as soon as the dates were announced, but we have to go when school is out, and it's over 10.5k for two people. So maybe we'll be doing something else or going to Galapogos with a different touring company. I'm really disappointed that ABD doesn't value our patronage enough to offer a discount to return travelers.

Given the state of the economy I am not surprised that they are cutting back on the types and numbers of trips. Most high end tour compnaies have been hit hard by the recession. The reality is that most families,
even relatively well off families, cannot afford to take a five star trip overseas right now. However, I think dropping the early booking rate is a mistake.

Well, I'll join in on being disappointed--but also reflective of the economy. I can only hope that Disney can weather all of this--obviously building fan base has been let down. I'm curious about you, DisneyGuy--yes, "I told you all so" is clearly your mantra today, albeit somewhat snarky--but I am curious. I will assume you have an inside track, have a loyalty to the ABD program and feel it is being harmed by the decisions we have been discussing today--so let me ask you...why when surveys come out from the Disney company, ABD isn't listed? (They ask about the parks, the cruise line) When the quarterly numbers were being addressed, I didn't see anything about ABD--good or bad. Is ABD still a tentative part of the company? Are you on this site out of frustration with the financial decisions being made?

Well, I'll join in on being disappointed--but also reflective of the economy. I can only hope that Disney can weather all of this--obviously building fan base has been let down. I'm curious about you, DisneyGuy--yes, "I told you all so" is clearly your mantra today, albeit somewhat snarky--but I am curious. I will assume you have an inside track, have a loyalty to the ABD program and feel it is being harmed by the decisions we have been discussing today--so let me ask you...why when surveys come out from the Disney company, ABD isn't listed? (They ask about the parks, the cruise line) When the quarterly numbers were being addressed, I didn't see anything about ABD--good or bad. Is ABD still a tentative part of the company? Are you on this site out of frustration with the financial decisions being made?

Not sure about what you mean by being somewhat snarky. Just making statements like everyone else. Frustated is an understatement. So much so that I just booked with Tauck. Myself, DW and children have used Tauck before and were pleased with their service, which was stellar. They have been in business for over 40 years and they know what they are doing. Will AbD be a tentative part of Disney, that is up to the consumer. I understand Disney just recently raised their prices at their front gates for all of their parks. It did not surprise me that they raised the prices for AbD.

AND WeLoveABD you should NEVER assume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter