• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

We checked in to BWV yesterday. I just went to bell services to see about the new policy, because I have a scooter scheduled to be delivered on Oct 2nd. I was told that they are honoring drop offs scheduled prior to Oct 1. Only people that make mobility drop off reservations after Oct 1st will have to meet the provider.
I was also told that this does not include groceries yet, but it looks like that will change in the future.

Having the few Featured Providers took care of some of the problems WDW had when things were wide open and many companies were dropping off at Bell Services.
It was a mutually beneficial arrangement. Those companies actually had contracts with Disney where they agreed to certain things like size and top speed of ECVs, prompt pick and delivery, storage and liability.
Just IMHO, even with only a limited number of companies allowed to drop off and pick up at Bell Services, the number of wheelchairs, ECVs and strollers being handled by Disney got to be too much.

My guess is that WDW will probably choose one company to be their Featured Provider.
Maybe that vendor will only provide equipment for the parks and Disney Springs (WDW doesn’t currently own that equipment). Maybe it will be at resorts too. Until something is announced, we won’t know.

I just saw this on Buena Vista Facebook page

CHANGES TO THE DISNEY PROCESS:
As many of you may have heard, through the rumor mill, there have been some developments, over the past few days, regarding the “preferred provider” program @ Walt Disney world.
We can confirm that the rumors are in fact correct.
Disney HAS eliminated the preferred provider program, which means Buena Vista will eventually be converting to a “meet and Greet” operation.
However, ALL reservations that are placed prior to October 1st will be grandfathered in and will not be effected by these changes.
If you are in need of a rental and DO NOT want to be affected, it is very important that you book before 10/1, regardless of when your rental is set to begin.
If you would like to receive a 20% discount on a future rental you can take advantage of this by booking online, as well prior to 10/1.
It is VERY important for us to share a few things with you all.
First, it is VERY necessary to thank each and EVERY one of our loyal guests.
From our repeat guests all the way to our one time renters.
It is because of all of you that we have had continued success over the years and have been able to grow this business from a small family owned, four scooter operation, working out of a shed, to the LARGEST mobility fleet in state, operating out of more than 20,000 square feet of warehouse and office space.
Thank you. All of you.
Second, Buena Vista Rentals is NOT going anywhere.
We have commitments;
to every one of our 45 member team.
to every affiliate we are partnered with
to every travel agent we have been so very lucky to work with
To our new 20,000 square foot space we all call home and,
MOST IMPORTANT
A commitment to every guest that WE have been and will continue to be lucky enough to assist with their mobility needs.
We plan to honor each and every commitment And are fully dedicated to creating a process, based on these changes, that will continue to offer our guests what we pride ourselves in.
Superior, quality, equipment
Absolute unmatched customer service and a dedication to you all and our partners that will continue to keep Buena Vista Rentals the best in this business.

I think that's the strollers. I don't think any mobility device company has made any official statement.

Again , I disagree. Gold Mobility is fairly new. Randy's Mobility, which has offered rentals for many, many years (more than ten) has always delivered directly to the customer. But Walker now, and all the other companies - including the currently featured ones - have demonstrated for years that using Bell Services works. Until the property owner says "no more."
Oh yes your right that was a stroller renter that was doing it on a set schedule

Has to be more to the story. You would think DISNEY would just charge a fee for bell service for handling scooters . But Disney wants to make it hard on there guest.

Maybe they are just running out of space. We all can see that the number of people using them has skyrocketed. Not to mention that people probably go and complain to Disney when something goes wrong since "they are the ones that gave it to me". You know how irrational some people get. I can see how this is a big headache for Disney to have to deal with. There are not many companies that will take on this kind of thing because they don't want the hassle and responsibility that goes along with it.

This is why I'm glad the company that I use has always had the policy of meeting us in person. They are cheaper, better equipment and their customer service has always been top notch. They are the only company I will ever use.

They shouldn’t need to charge a fee with what people are paying at deluxe resorts.

"What people are paying at deluxe resorts" is for the room, theming, bell services for luggage, etc., and everyone pays it. Taking on additional work in the form of holding and then handing out ECVs, etc., for disabled guests is not part of the room charge, so yes, I think it would be absolutely valid for Disney to charge extra for such services, especially since doing it for free now impacts their ability to provide top-notch service to ALL guests.

I just don't get what the big deal is - many, many people already use the non-featured vendors, so this is already happening. I've not seen a single complaint about loss of this "service" that can't be mitigated by proper planning ahead of time.

It's not October 1 yet, so I just booked my scooter. From everything I've read, if you book before October 1 you are grandfathered in. I probably should have done it by now anyway, I'm going in 4 weeks.

"What people are paying at deluxe resorts" is for the room, theming, bell services for luggage, etc., and everyone pays it. Taking on additional work in the form of holding and then handing out ECVs, etc., for disabled guests is not part of the room charge, so yes, I think it would be absolutely valid for Disney to charge extra for such services, especially since doing it for free now impacts their ability to provide top-notch service to ALL guests.

I just don't get what the big deal is - many, many people already use the non-featured vendors, so this is already happening. I've not seen a single complaint about loss of this "service" that can't be mitigated by proper planning ahead of time.

Have you ever stayed at a deluxe hotel outside of Disney? Something like accepting an EVC rental is small potatoes for the bell services at other deluxe hotels. Disney bell services and concierge services are a joke compared to their deluxe peers.

It's not October 1 yet, so I just booked my scooter. From everything I've read, if you book before October 1 you are grandfathered in. I probably should have done it by now anyway, I'm going in 4 weeks.
From what I understand you don’t have to rent the scooter by October 1, your room reservation has to be made before October 1.

Just want to express gratitude to everyone who provided news and information here.

My mom was able to reserve the scooter she wanted from Buena Vista for December, and we are confident she is grandfathered to pick up/drop off at bell services. For this trip, we were counting on that, and it will be a big benefit. :thumbsup2

By next year‘s trip we will have a better idea what will be available and how it might work for Mom. Whatever that proves to be, we can plan ahead accordingly to make the trip as smooth as possible.

:thanks:

From what I understand you don’t have to rent the scooter by October 1, your room reservation has to be made before October 1.
Based on the info posted by Buena Vista, I would interpret that to be the equipment rental reservation by Oct 1st, not the resort reservation, see below:
it is very important that you book before 10/1, regardless of when your rental is set to begin.

Have you ever stayed at a deluxe hotel outside of Disney? Something like accepting an EVC rental is small potatoes for the bell services at other deluxe hotels. Disney bell services and concierge services are a joke compared to their deluxe peers.

But other hotels do not get nearly the same amount that Disney gets, there is no comparison. You have seen how many that Disney has to deal with. There comes a point where it gets to be too much and puts too much of a burden on them. I never thought that it was a good idea for Disney, or any hotel, to have to act as a intermediary between an outside company and a customer. Especially on something like an ECV where the customer should meet with the company and look over the machine and test it out. Not to mention that they should have the ECV features explained to those who have never used them. The company should also do their diligence in testing those who rent them to see if they can handle it and should be using one. Some people have no business being on one because of their reaction time.

Yes, I have, and none of them provide the level of convenience that staying at Disney resort provides. If/when it gets to the point that I don't feel I've getting a deluxe level of service/convenience at a Disney deluxe hotel, I'll stay elsewhere. Perhaps if you don't feel that you're getting the level of service you're paying for, you should stay offsite instead.

But other hotels do not get nearly the same amount that Disney gets, there is no comparison. You have seen how many that Disney has to deal with. There comes a point where it gets to be too much and puts too much of a burden on them. I never thought that it was a good idea for Disney, or any hotel, to have to act as a intermediary between an outside company and a customer. Especially on something like an ECV where the customer should meet with the company and look over the machine and test it out. Not to mention that they should have the ECV features explained to those who have never used them. The company should also do their diligence in testing those who rent them to see if they can handle it and should be using one. Some people have no business being on one because of their reaction time.
So you have never been to Vegas. The hotels in Vegas will have multiple times the amount of ECVs to deal with. They just install the proper infrastructure and properly plan to handle it so you never notice. They know that the country is not only aging, but that senior demographic has more disposable income than younger generations.

But sure it is smart of Disney to make it harder for grandparents that are paying for their grandkids and their families vacations.

Last edited:
Yes, I have, and none of them provide the level of convenience that staying at Disney resort provides. If/when it gets to the point that I don't feel I've getting a deluxe level of service/convenience at a Disney deluxe hotel, I'll stay elsewhere. Perhaps if you don't feel that you're getting the level of service you're paying for, you should stay offsite instead.
Has a Disney concierge ever been able to get you into a fully booked Victoria’s and Albert’s 30 minutes before you want to eat or has your bellman ever been able to get you that 11 am Slinky Dog Dash FP+?

So you have never been to Vegas. The hotels in Vegas will have multiple times the amount of ECVs to deal with. They just install the proper infrastructure and properly plan to handle it so you never notice. They k”know that the country is not only aging, but that senior demographic has more disposable income than younger generations.

But sure it is smart of Disney to make it harder for grandparents that are paying for their grandkids and their families vacations.

We live in a free market economy - the vendors who want to stay in business and stay busy will adjust their business model to meet the needs of the customers. If that means having night shifts, on-demand scheduling, etc., the ones who want to survive and thrive will do it. But its for the vendors to handle, not Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter