New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

After moving house and having no wifi for a few weeks I have missed out on your whole TR so far... but all caught up now!
Despite the set backs it sounds like a fun start to the trip, I stayed at OKW in 2002 and remember loving the style of the rooms and having a fantastic meal at Olivia's.. must go back there after reading your review!
So glad to hear your DH plays PS4 still.. my DH does too (in our new house we have a room just for my piano and his computer games :rotfl:!) .. you are a very good wife letting him taking it on most trips ;)

Hope DS is doing better now, we did a child first aid class when I was pregnant and they covered seizures.. Can't imagine what that was like for you xx

Your bump is perfect and I hope all is going well with pregnancy.. Only a few weeks to go now!

Emma xx

Aw Emma glad to see you back! Love seeing your daughter grow on Instagram, keep the photos up! :goodvibes Also, seeing all your cupcakes makes me so jealous i'm not a coworker of yours :rotfl:

OKW is seriously awesome! Definitely didn't expect that especially after staying at the VGF!

I think i'm an amazing wife for putting up with that!....and sometimes joining in on the fun :rolleyes1:laughing:

His seizure was so scary and I appreciated that the 911 dispatcher was totally calm and told us what to do. I had learned about what to do in scary situations like that many years ago, but I feel like when it happened, I completely forgot everything.

Yes only 6 weeks left and i'm soooo ready for it to be over! Already pinning some workouts and walking/jogging routines for me to start doing after he's born :hyper:

***Hope everyone had a good Easter! Wanted to share a quick photo from our Easter and to show how large I have gotten from this TR to now. Quite the difference!
Holy crap!!! You're pregnant????

Just kidding, great family picture. This time next year you'll have one more in that picture! I hope you're doing well and I hope you enjoyed your Easter!

So big and roomy! Definitely the largest one bedroom we’ve stayed in by far.
I was thinking the same, just seeing the pictures. The room looks very spacious.

The Mallory Square Cobb Salad. WHAT THE HECK, RIGHT?! :faint:
Is he ok???

At one point during the meal DH whispers, “This large table next to me is giving our waitress a hard time.” Kind of hard to believe because she was awesome, but after she came to take our plates away and order dessert, she said, “Sorry for the wait, that’s my family over there and they’re the worst customers!”
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That's awesome.

We decided on two desserts to share between us and while we waited, DH and DM got into a discussion on how rude my DM can be :laughing:
Um... ballsy move on his part. :rotfl2:

Long story short, DH and DM (I was at the park already!) were eating breakfast at La Brea Bakery in DTD at Disneyland, my DM was trying to get the waitresses attention by saying excuse me multiple times and she walked on past her every time like the waitress was ignoring her. DM says to DH, “What are you deaf?” Turns out, she was.…:headache::scared1::eek:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Everyone was super happy with their meals and service that we would love to return, even if we don’t stay at OKW again. I hear their breakfast is delicious too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm not sure I've ever heard a bad word about this place. Everyone seems to rave about it as an out of the way and easy to grab ADR.

I even tried to force DH to stay and have a drink and chill but he wasn't up for it.
:eek: :scared1: Salad and then this??? Really, was he OK?

Attachments

• lmao[1].gif
    lmao[1].gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 0
Holy crap!!! You're pregnant????

Nah, it was all part of the Easter egg hunt!

Just kidding, great family picture. This time next year you'll have one more in that picture! I hope you're doing well and I hope you enjoyed your Easter!

I know crazy to think we'll be a family of four :faint: Hope you enjoyed yours as well!

I was thinking the same, just seeing the pictures. The room looks very spacious.

I can't believe I didn't get pics of the kitchen/dining room area but that was so big too! It was nice that DS had some space to run around in as well :thumbsup2

Is he ok???

Trust me, I was wondering the same thing! And i'm over here like

RonSaladNo.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That's awesome.

:laughing:I thought it was funny too, but relieved first because she was such a cool waitress!

Um... ballsy move on his part. :rotfl2:

Don't worry, DM schools DH quite often :thumbsup2 They are both awful people...to each other that is.

Told you! Just awful! :laughing:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm not sure I've ever heard a bad word about this place. Everyone seems to rave about it as an out of the way and easy to grab ADR.

Yep very easy to get an ADR here considering the great experience we had. I would actually consider heading over here than dinner at DTD, definitely!
:eek: :scared1: Salad and then this??? Really, was he OK?

We're both different in that he prefers having a drink with others, whereas I can go and enjoy a few by myself no problem. I was totally trying to live vicariously through him though!:lmao:

The walk was not bad at all though and soon we were seeing this!

I don't think I've ever seen pictures of OKW but it's official....I'm moving in. Seriously. That place is nicer than my last apartment.

At one point during the meal DH whispers, “This large table next to me is giving our waitress a hard time.” Kind of hard to believe because she was awesome, but after she came to take our plates away and order dessert, she said, “Sorry for the wait, that’s my family over there and they’re the worst customers!” :rotfl2:

Hahaha!! I have family members that are like that too.

DM says to DH, “What are you deaf?” Turns out, she was.…:headache::scared1::eek:

giphy.gif

Man, I love your mom!

I don't think I've ever seen pictures of OKW but it's official....I'm moving in. Seriously. That place is nicer than my last apartment.

No joke, the living room and kitchen combined was bigger than our apartment when we first got married :rotfl2:

Hahaha!! I have family members that are like that too.

I'm sure if I was a server, i'd get he** too, just comes with the territory!

:laughing:She is seriously ridiculous!

***Hope everyone had a good Easter! Wanted to share a quick photo from our Easter and to show how large I have gotten from this TR to now. Quite the difference!

img_5118-jpg.158973
What a great picture. You look awesome!!!!!!! Tiniest pregnant lady I've ever done seen ; )

So big and roomy! Definitely the largest one bedroom we’ve stayed in by far. When I had booked this, DH wasn’t at all interested in staying at this resort. But we had no choice, this was the only resort available for that night, understandably. He likes the newer resorts, of course. But when he actually got settled in and started relaxing, he realized how comfortable it was and said something like, we need to come back here again. Shocking! And for the points you use, it’s nothing compared to VGF or Poly!
Wow, your room looks great. We've never stayed OKW or SS for that matter largely just because they seemed to spread out and I'm too impatient to deal with multiple bus stops. But your room looks great. Wonder what DH would have thought of it for more than one night.

What is happening to our husbands? Mine is order vegetarian entree's, yours is having a salad, but at least we know what we are doing ; )

Had to laugh at the name though as I have no idea what cobb salad has to do with Mallory Square as that is where you go in Key West to watch the sunset every night. Also happens to be one of my dog's namesakes.

ut I love they way they argue (they seriously fight like an old married couple!) so I secretly recorded them because 1) I wasn’t going to get into it as I wasn't there and 2) I had nothing else to do but listen!
I've always wanted to be a fly on the wall on one of your family vacations and now I know what its like. How on earth did you keep a straight face through that. And how dare the cashier put the change on counter instead of in the customers hand. What was she blind or something? DM should have definitely demanded her immediate firing and a full refund for such incredulous behavior.

Everyone was super happy with their meals and service that we would love to return, even if we don’t stay at OKW again. I hear their breakfast is delicious too.
Olivia's looks great. Kind of reminds me of a Boatwrights, hidden gem kinda viva. Glad you all enjoyed. Though I can't believe you didn't go to a park on your first day!

Yum, sounds like a great dinner at Olivia's! And that bread pudding looks ahhmazing!!

I would love to just sit back and watch your vacations unfold. So many fun adventures with your DM. She's like a show all by herself!! :rotfl:

Playing major catch up!

You are looking so good! Glad DS is better..how scary!

I can't believe they lost so much luggage and your stroller! I pushed my niece and nephew around in those umbrella strollers and they are awful!

OKW and Oliva's are great! Don't tell anyone though....I don't want the secret to get out. :)

Jill in CO

That dinner looks yummy!
Wow, what a gorgeous room at OKW. I've never stayed there, but wouldn't mind trying it out. I thought SSR was spacious too.

Can't wait to hear more!

What a great picture. You look awesome!!!!!!! Tiniest pregnant lady I've ever done seen ; )

Pfft yeah right, I feel super big right now. Banging into corners, can't turn over in bed without assistance :rotfl: Not much longer though!

Wow, your room looks great. We've never stayed OKW or SS for that matter largely just because they seemed to spread out and I'm too impatient to deal with multiple bus stops. But your room looks great. Wonder what DH would have thought of it for more than one night.

Same, DTD resorts have never appealed to us either for those reasons but OKW has really changed our minds. When we checked into the Poly the following night he actually said that he missed OKW! :confused3 Probably because we 'downgraded' to a Studio so he was missing all that space.

What is happening to our husbands? Mine is order vegetarian entree's, yours is having a salad, but at least we know what we are doing ; )

It must be the Disney air?!? Thank goodness we're around to know what's up ::yes::

Had to laugh at the name though as I have no idea what cobb salad has to do with Mallory Square as that is where you go in Key West to watch the sunset every night. Also happens to be one of my dog's namesakes.

:rotfl:Is it really?! Guess they were really reaching for names.

I've always wanted to be a fly on the wall on one of your family vacations and now I know what its like. How on earth did you keep a straight face through that. And how dare the cashier put the change on counter instead of in the customers hand. What was she blind or something? DM should have definitely demanded her immediate firing and a full refund for such incredulous behavior.

I started laughing at the end! :rotfl:It's hard to not laugh at someone in this family!

Olivia's looks great. Kind of reminds me of a Boatwrights, hidden gem kinda viva. Glad you all enjoyed. Though I can't believe you didn't go to a park on your first day!

You guys must try it one day, it's totally chill and the bar right outside would be a fun place to end the night....or start the night?!? ::yes:: It seems that the past 3 trips, our first night has started out at DTD! It has always worked out that way. I think it's because we don't want to have to take a day off from the parks right in the middle of our trip to visit DTD and would rather get it out of the way (not that it's such a burden that we need to get it out of the way :lmao:

Yum, sounds like a great dinner at Olivia's! And that bread pudding looks ahhmazing!!

I would love to just sit back and watch your vacations unfold. So many fun adventures with your DM. She's like a show all by herself!! :rotfl:

DM is getting crazier and crazier each trip it seems! Just wait till our next one, i'm sure i'll have some more great stories to tell :lmao:

Playing major catch up!

You are looking so good! Glad DS is better..how scary!

I can't believe they lost so much luggage and your stroller! I pushed my niece and nephew around in those umbrella strollers and they are awful!

OKW and Oliva's are great! Don't tell anyone though....I don't want the secret to get out. :)

Jill in CO

Hey Jill, loved seeing all your pics in Australia! And glad you got to meet up with PIO too! :bounce:

Aren't those strollers seriously terrible?! They are the worst.

Ooh yay! Glad you like OKW and Olivia's too. Okay, secret between us FB friends :p

That dinner looks yummy!
Wow, what a gorgeous room at OKW. I've never stayed there, but wouldn't mind trying it out. I thought SSR was spacious too.

Can't wait to hear more!

You're right SSR is pretty large too, but this felt way larger to me!

Okay, wanted to look it up just to see how much bigger it is and here's the numbers for the One Bedrooms:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 10.26.46 AM.png

And actually i'm surprised that SSR is smaller than the VGF, I felt that SSR was bigger than VGF :confused3

I'm just joining now but am all caught up! Loving this TR :)

Yay :welcome:! Another update in a few days!

Pfft yeah right, I feel super big right now. Banging into corners, can't turn over in bed without assistance :rotfl: Not much longer though!

Same, DTD resorts have never appealed to us either for those reasons but OKW has really changed our minds. When we checked into the Poly the following night he actually said that he missed OKW! :confused3 Probably because we 'downgraded' to a Studio so he was missing all that space.

It must be the Disney air?!? Thank goodness we're around to know what's up ::yes::

:rotfl:Is it really?! Guess they were really reaching for names.

I started laughing at the end! :rotfl:It's hard to not laugh at someone in this family!

You guys must try it one day, it's totally chill and the bar right outside would be a fun place to end the night....or start the night?!? ::yes:: It seems that the past 3 trips, our first night has started out at DTD! It has always worked out that way. I think it's because we don't want to have to take a day off from the parks right in the middle of our trip to visit DTD and would rather get it out of the way (not that it's such a burden that we need to get it out of the way :lmao:

DM is getting crazier and crazier each trip it seems! Just wait till our next one, i'm sure i'll have some more great stories to tell :lmao:

Hey Jill, loved seeing all your pics in Australia! And glad you got to meet up with PIO too! :bounce:

Aren't those strollers seriously terrible?! They are the worst.

Ooh yay! Glad you like OKW and Olivia's too. Okay, secret between us FB friends :p

You're right SSR is pretty large too, but this felt way larger to me!

Okay, wanted to look it up just to see how much bigger it is and here's the numbers for the One Bedrooms:

View attachment 160434

And actually i'm surprised that SSR is smaller than the VGF, I felt that SSR was bigger than VGF :confused3

Yay :welcome:! Another update in a few days!

Oh wow. That's a lot of space. I can only imagine how spacious OKW feels!

So big and roomy! Definitely the largest one bedroom we’ve stayed in by far. When I had booked this, DH wasn’t at all interested in staying at this resort. But we had no choice, this was the only resort available for that night, understandably. He likes the newer resorts, of course. But when he actually got settled in and started relaxing, he realized how comfortable it was and said something like, we need to come back here again.

We did the same thing, one night in a one bedroom at OKW and I can't wait to go back and try it again. The tub was just luxurious and I loved how much space there was there. It was like I wanted to have a party, but I didn't have anyone to invite!

Around 6:30 we made the long 7 minute journey to Olivia’s Café! And I was excited. A new restaurant and we would get to try our new TIW card!

I still can't believe it took you guys so long to go with the TIW card!

I love me a good Cobb salad but this seems totally out of character for him!

We were worried about DM since she is not a seafood fan, but there were some options on there for her to choose from. Our waitress suggested the Buttermilk Chicken and she really loved how tender it was

We had that when we went there and it was really good!

so I secretly recorded them

OMG! I can't believe you did that!

We all ended up going back to the room and called it a night. Tomorrow we were moving resorts and going to DHS!

Sounds like a good plan!

Page 8, but I am following along!!!

What a bummer about your luggage! We had our luggage lost a few years ago, and it was awful. We didn't get it back until Day 2 into our trip. We were staying at CBR and they were awesome about it even though it likely wasn't Disney's fault (SWA was blaming DME, but I do believe it was SWA's issue) and they comped us some money to buy clothes and toiletries etc...nothing worse.

I can't believe you are almost getting ready to have that new baby!! How exciting! Do you already have his 1st trip planned out?

Can't wait to hear about the Poly! That's where we plan on staying next year.

But first, we've got our annual trip coming up in 17 days, a nice AOA/Disney Dream/GF split!! :dance3:

Yay for getting your luggage back but boo for the lousy stroller... Hope you get it back at some point during your trip!

And seriously cracking up over your mother and husband's squabbling:rotfl:My mom and fiancée are constantly bickering like an old married couple so I'm having visions of what a trip to WDW would be like with both of them! Which we are actually considering doing in April 2017. Guess I should prepare myself!:rotfl2:

Also, you look great in your Easter picture and your family is adorable!

GIRRRRRRL :hug: I am present and accounted for. And I'm caught up on your TR!

There's not even really any point in commenting, you can always guess what all of my messages are going to say...

"Sweet boy!"
"Model child"
"Calvin is perfect"
"Omg that person sounds ridiculous"
"Cute child"
"Disney can be so unreliable"
"Sweet boy!
"Model child!"

:rotfl2:

But I'm going to anyway! :banana:

Because DM’s trunk is slightly bigger than ours

teehee-jpg.156045

When we were about to arrive into the LAX area, DH suggested dropping us all off and going to park the car. UH. BIG FAT NO FROM ME! If anyone can remember last year, DH did this for us, which did help a little, however, he ended up missing the main parking lot 3 times due to just not paying attention.

I remember this fiasco :laughing:

All the guys at my (equivalent of) high school would always say this and I had no idea what it was because I hadn't seen Anchorman. That's Will Farrell in Anchorman right?! Thank you for the enlightenment!

the worker replied, “yes, sorry for the inconvenience but our belt is down.” Let’s remember this, shall we.

Uh oh.. :sad2:

Omg yaaaas!!!

Yeeeeahh he's going to be a pilot!!!!!!!!!! (Keep these pictures safe in case he actually does! ::yes::)

Now is the best time to mention it, this was definitely one of the best flight crews we’ve ever experienced! They kept wanting to give DS extra snacks and drinks and at one point, I took DS to the restroom and when we got out he kept pointing at something in the snack prep area but I was trying to get out of the way and one of the FA’s said, “Hold on, what is he pointing at?” And he was pointing at the little SW Heart stir sticks so they gave him a few of those. Then they told him to go back tohis seat and they would give him something else. So we went back and one of the guys brought over a paper model airplane!

Which DH helped him build

They sound amazing! We obviously don't have South West over here but I always hear great things about them!

And about 45 minutes till landing, another FA came back over and said, “Excuse me Mom, but is he allowed to have these?” and had a fistful of good Godiva wrapped chocolates. I was thinking, “Uh, he’s not, but I’ll take them!” :rotfl2: and told him absolutely!

Hahaha, I will be you as a parent :rotfl:

It was when we landed in Orlando when all of our good fortune took a turn for the worse.

Ahh this sucks. This is meant to be one of the most exciting parts of the trip! What a nightmare, I can't imagine losing our cases. It happened to my family and I once when I was a kid, and ever since I've learnt to pack each case with a mix of people's clothes, so if you lose one case, at least everyone still has some outfits :thumbsup2 Although this is obviously not helpful when you lose ALL of your cases... I'll just stop talking now :laughing:

Once in our room, DS told me, “Cheers!” with his glass and I wondered where in the heck he picked that up from! :rotfl:

That video is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

That smile! His happiness is so infectious :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Side note. DM never sleeps with covers over her. She’s always warm. Well around 3am she got up to fiddle with the AC but instead, somehow, she managed to set the fire alarm off in the room! The siren was going, a light was flashing, DH jumped out of bed half naked, I jumped up yelling to get out but she managed to turn it off. What the DEVIL?! DS slept through that nonsense luckily, but it took us all a bit to settle back down. Now looking back, that was a hilarious moment but oh man, that was so not what we needed at 3am that morning!

UGH the Dis has lost two whole posts-worth of quotes ?!??!?!! And now that I've written out this message I don't know how to add more quotes.. :headache:

Owww sorry to hear about Calvin, poor boy :sad2: That must have been scary for you, but it's reassuring to know that it's common in kids. So glad he's on the mend :goodvibes

There's a picture of Dan with the stroller, when they're outside World of Disney, it does look ridiculously small?!? How does anyone push that comfortably?!

img_5118-jpg.158973

How you can be so pregnant with such elegance I shall never know!!! You look fab :lovestruc

Because of all the problems with our Magic Bands and check-in that morning, I never received a text of our room number so we stopped by the lobby to get that situated. We were located in a pretty far building (well looked like it on the map!) in room 1911.

Question: I know you said your walk to the room was ok, but if you're placed really far away from the main building(s) how do you get around OKW? Are there golf carts or anything?

Wow this looks nice! I've never paid much attention to OKW but it's good to know how spacious it is.

I don’t know if you get more ballsy with age (cause I’m not one to complain) but DM found a manager on the way over to find a table and before she could say who it was, he said, “Was it ______?” And she said yes and he apologized and told her how sorry he was and that she’s been having a bad attitude lately but was going to have a talk with her.

Juicy gossip!!! Somebody just got fired :rotfl2:

Now, DH’s argument is that DM should have never complained to the manager in the first place (we’re definitely similar in that we don’t like to make a fuss about things) and that maybe that was the last complaint that got her fired. DM’s argument was that she’s in the Customer Service business and it’s her job to at least be courteous and helpful to the customers. Totally get it. But I love they way they argue (they seriously fight like an old married couple!) so I secretly recorded them because 1) I wasn’t going to get into it as I wasn't there and 2) I had nothing else to do but listen! I’ll just show a little bit of the video but the story of the ‘deaf girl’ is a story we’ll never let DM live down. Long story short, DH and DM (I was at the park already!) were eating breakfast at La Brea Bakery in DTD at Disneyland, my DM was trying to get the waitresses attention by saying excuse me multiple times and she walked on past her every time like the waitress was ignoring her. DM says to DH, “What are you deaf?” Turns out, she was.…:headache::scared1::eek:

:lmao::rotfl:DH could NOT, and still to this day, does not stop giving DM a hard time that entire trip about that and she said she felt awful and embarrassed. No one else heard but DM felt so bad that she ended up leaving a crazy tip just for her speaking and thinking like that.

Omg :rotfl2: Did the deaf waitress hear DM?!?! LOL. Your family seems to have a fun dynamic, where DH can tease DM like that :laughing:

We also ordered the Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Oh staaahhhp. Banana bread pudding sounds perfect right now. I'm hungry.

Looove your trip reporting! :hyper:

Very nice Easter photo of your family.

Your room at OKW looks very spacious and nice. The meal looks good as well.

Oh wow. That's a lot of space. I can only imagine how spacious OKW feels!

It is isn't it?? And it felt great cause then we felt 'cramped' for the next few days :laughing:

We did the same thing, one night in a one bedroom at OKW and I can't wait to go back and try it again. The tub was just luxurious and I loved how much space there was there. It was like I wanted to have a party, but I didn't have anyone to invite!

I felt that tub calling me! But I knew I would have to clean it myself (cause you seriously got me all grossed out when you said years back about all the body oils that get sucked up into the spa tubs, now every tub I go in, I must clean it every time!) and all I wanted to do was do nothing!

I still can't believe it took you guys so long to go with the TIW card!

I know! I'm kicking myself!

I love me a good Cobb salad but this seems totally out of character for him!

Right?! It's rare that i'll get a salad as a main dish but for him, so unlike him.

We had that when we went there and it was really good!

DM and DS really enjoyed it!

OMG! I can't believe you did that!

Really?! You can't believe I would do something like that?? You don't know me at all :lmao:

Sounds like a good plan!

:thumbsup2

Page 8, but I am following along!!!

What a bummer about your luggage! We had our luggage lost a few years ago, and it was awful. We didn't get it back until Day 2 into our trip. We were staying at CBR and they were awesome about it even though it likely wasn't Disney's fault (SWA was blaming DME, but I do believe it was SWA's issue) and they comped us some money to buy clothes and toiletries etc...nothing worse.

I can't believe you are almost getting ready to have that new baby!! How exciting! Do you already have his 1st trip planned out?

Can't wait to hear about the Poly! That's where we plan on staying next year.

But first, we've got our annual trip coming up in 17 days, a nice AOA/Disney Dream/GF split!! :dance3:

Just curious, who actually comped you money to purchase things, SWA or Disney? Cause SWA wanted to give us $50 TOTAL for everyone which included clothes, underwear, toiletries, etc which I thought was a low-balling number. But man was I so glad to see all our stuff (Well, most of our stuff!) accounted for!

I know! 5 weeks left, hopefully not any longer than that! :eek: I was way overdue with DS and had to get induced which was not fun. And for his first trip we're really having some troubles trying to figure out what to do. Our 10 year anniversary is this July so we wanted to do something different like Aulani in October! But we don't officially know DH's work schedule until the end of this school year (possibly beginning of next school year!) and by then it would be too late to book anything for Aulani. So another option is going back to the World in October when it would be a bit easier to secure a room and plane ticket and we'd be taking both kids! :eek: So October would be the baby's first official trip! :cool1:

WOAH so jealous of your upcoming trip! We totally messed up when we went on our Disney cruise :sad2: We totally should have included a stay at WDW either before or after the cruise because our vacation felt so short, although the cruise was AMAZING!!! Hope you have a great time!

Yay for getting your luggage back but boo for the lousy stroller... Hope you get it back at some point during your trip!

And seriously cracking up over your mother and husband's squabbling:rotfl:My mom and fiancée are constantly bickering like an old married couple so I'm having visions of what a trip to WDW would be like with both of them! Which we are actually considering doing in April 2017. Guess I should prepare myself!:rotfl2:

Also, you look great in your Easter picture and your family is adorable!

We do! Just not when I was hoping we'd get it :headache:

You should absolutely have that camera ready next year to show us all the arguing your DM and fiancè do! All the cool kids are doing it! :rotfl2:

It is isn't it?? And it felt great cause then we felt 'cramped' for the next few days :laughing:

I felt that tub calling me! But I knew I would have to clean it myself (cause you seriously got me all grossed out when you said years back about all the body oils that get sucked up into the spa tubs, now every tub I go in, I must clean it every time!) and all I wanted to do was do nothing!

I know! I'm kicking myself!

Right?! It's rare that i'll get a salad as a main dish but for him, so unlike him.

DM and DS really enjoyed it!

Really?! You can't believe I would do something like that?? You don't know me at all :lmao:

:thumbsup2

Just curious, who actually comped you money to purchase things, SWA or Disney? Cause SWA wanted to give us $50 TOTAL for everyone which included clothes, underwear, toiletries, etc which I thought was a low-balling number. But man was I so glad to see all our stuff (Well, most of our stuff!) accounted for!

I know! 5 weeks left, hopefully not any longer than that! :eek: I was way overdue with DS and had to get induced which was not fun. And for his first trip we're really having some troubles trying to figure out what to do. Our 10 year anniversary is this July so we wanted to do something different like Aulani in October! But we don't officially know DH's work schedule until the end of this school year (possibly beginning of next school year!) and by then it would be too late to book anything for Aulani. So another option is going back to the World in October when it would be a bit easier to secure a room and plane ticket and we'd be taking both kids! :eek: So October would be the baby's first official trip! :cool1:

WOAH so jealous of your upcoming trip! We totally messed up when we went on our Disney cruise :sad2: We totally should have included a stay at WDW either before or after the cruise because our vacation felt so short, although the cruise was AMAZING!!! Hope you have a great time!

We do! Just not when I was hoping we'd get it :headache:

You should absolutely have that camera ready next year to show us all the arguing your DM and fiancè do! All the cool kids are doing it! :rotfl2:

It was totally Disney (CBR) that comped us, and they totally didn't have to!! SWA let our luggage off during a layover in Nashville, so it took a few days to be located and sent to Orlando. But, at the time, there was a question of whether Magical Express misplaced it. The CBR mgr was awesome and comped us $150 to buy some stuff to hold us over. It was very nice of him, but it totally wasn't their fault. I remember crying happy tears when he offered. :)

Yeah, this is our first Disney cruise - first cruise ever actually!!! It's a 4 night, so we just booked 2 nights at AOA before and 2 nights at GF for after so we could get our park time in! :)

I've gotten terribly behind, and want to comment now before I forget anything.

I'm sorry your birthday getaway was shortened :( glad that DS was ok though. No way you could enjoy the rest of the weekend without knowing. Cool that they refunded you the hotel for Saturday night.

You guys are too funny pranking your mom about her bag, poor mom! :laughing:

Ugh about the horrible stroller. But glad you got your bags.

I loved that Christmas cartoon but somehow completely forgot about it until you posted.

Cute that DS caught pictures of you laughing at DH!

Glad that you enjoyed OKW :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter