New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

I can't remember if I posted here already or not, but I have loved reading your report, especially because I will be about 22wks pregnant at the time of my upcoming trip as well! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

:wave: I'm subbbing in.
What a pain about the stroller. It's always hard to keep positive when something goes wrong on vacation, especially right from the start, but being at Disney definitely makes it all seem ok does't it :lovestruc

Gurrrrlllll!!! I'm finally here!! And caught up!! And just in time for an update!! :hyper: :thumbsup2

Woot woot! And now look, i'm the one behind, as usual!

Bleh! How can it get lost on the same flight?!?!
635946952237029336-112050092_IWxgUkM.gif

No kidding! Completely boggles my mind still.

I love OKW!! :love:

Ugh me too! There is no doubt in my mind that we will absolutely be staying there again one day.

:lmao:This photo cracks me up! :rotfl:

And I didn't even notice it until I started writing this update up which makes it even funnier to me :rotfl2:

Look at that gorgeous family!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Aw shucks :goodvibes

Of course. Men always blame their equipment :rolleyes1

I had to share that with DH, he rolled his eyes! :lmao:

EXACTLY THIS!!!

Whhhaaa???

I....know...

I'm a totally disappointed daughter.

Ah, I know that kid was my spirit animal! :rotfl:

:rotfl:

It's not closing! For now anyway! But they have changed it so they don't do the carrot cookie anymore! :confused3

Oh really yay! Don't they have a similar cookie over at Starring Rolls or no, was this the only place you could get that?

That thing is as big as his head! :faint:

No kidding!

They seem thrilled! :laughing:

Oh DH was secretly...he knew he would be able to take a gander at Ariel's shells without getting hit in the face by me :lmao:

I think most of them are going or are gone :sad: #thanksshanghai :rolleyes2

I had heard money is being used from WDW to support Shanghai but I wasn't sure if that was true! How terrible :eek:

You let your bags leave your possession???

You're either really brave, or really stupid. :rolleyes1

I was scared. And DH was kept saying to the poor bell guy, "Poly right?" "This is going to the Polynesian." "Some of those groceries need to be refrigerated while at the Polynesian." I'm sure the bellman thought he had OCD :rotfl:

Naturally.

Because a true Disney trip isn't complete without multiple buses passing you up:thumbsup2

Thank goodness! Cause if you miss this FP, you don't ride without a 5 hour wait.

No kidding! And honestly, there's no way we would ride TSM without one, even if the wait was minimal.

That was nice of him to let you win. :rolleyes1

Uh...sure!

I've always thought that too. I figured that DW could have done some things that had the warnings, but I guess better to be safe than sorry.

I'm pretty sure it's Disney covering all their bases. With that said, I saw what had to be an 8 month pregnant women, getting off of Expedition Everest :eek:

And she hates Star Tours anyway... :rolleyes1

:sad2:

Like hot chocolate mixed with peppermint schnapps?

Well, maybe just for the grown ups, but I kind of like that hot chocolate treat.

It's been a LONG time since i've had that! :faint: I need to revisit that drink this Winter for sure! My holiday drink of choice is usually Egg Nog with Rum or Bourbon :thumbsup2

Oh wow... I'd have been tempted to just leave.

It was definitely a now or never situation and we had nothing else to do! Had they made us wait for the next showing though, I would have left.

Dirty looks from your DH and from the CM's??? Wow, you just must have been having one of those days.

I was totally getting hated on today! And i'm pretty sure I got even more looks later on in the next update :blush:

I don't know. I haven't exactly been staying up to the minute on all the stuff being gutted from DHS, but I'd heard that they would likely maintain a bigger presence basically so there's something to do since so much of the park is being closed off.

I just want all this DHS stuff to hurry up and get completed so I don't have to keep up with it anymore.

Who doesn't like that kind of freedom.

Although you guys got the wrong kind of snack. You can't go to Starring Rolls and not get a chocolate peanut butter cupcake.

Sadly, I was full from that dumb fruit/veggie plate I bought :headache: So that was all DM's snacks. But you cannot go wrong with the cupcakes there! I've had both the Red Velvet and the Choc-Peanut Butter and they are both ridiculous.

I hope you get to see it this time!

::yes::

I didn't even notice his face until I started writing the update but knew immediately that his face was a look of concern :rotfl:

Ah, Disney Bus Roulette. Nobody likes that game.

All part of the Disney vacation I suppose!

196,600 is a pretty awesome score in my book!

Thanks! It's usually in the low 200,000's though so not my best score.

Yeah, seriously! How can you not like the Muppets?:confused3

Right?? Unless we're talking about the new Muppets show that is on ABC. Kinda disappointed with that. But surely, no one could hate the original Muppets!

Such is the problem with a half-day park.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who views this park as such. We enjoy it, but it's always the park where we end up getting 'bored'. Can't wait to see what all these new changes bring us over the next few years! Who knows, maybe we'll visit DHS TWICE in one trip!

Wow, that's some professional-level stinkeye!:rotfl:

And to think, she gets paid to do that! Jealous.

Sadly, I think it's true.:sad1:

:sad2:

Good call! That show is a classic!

::yes::

Following along! I have read your previous TR but I am working on getting better at actually commenting. I love the Poly so I can't wait to see how your stay there went, I am hoping you get a happy reunion with your stroller. Like everyone else reading this, I have to say that your DH and DM are hilarious and your little boy is so precious. Congrats on baby number two!

Aw thanks for all the nice comments! And don't worry, i'm trying to get better at commenting too :rotfl2: I was on a roll for a while, then I got sidetracked. More coming up!

Great morning :)

Boo on the still missing stroller.

That Steve Harvey gif was too funny!

I love your 25 days of Christmas, that is an awesome tradition!!!

The last thing I read was that the Citizens of Hollywood are being severely cut back, but not cut out. I just hope they're not going to work the CMs too hard if there's not going to be many of them.

DSs shirt is too cute.

Thanks Pam!

We started that tradition a few years back and I look forward to it every year now! And DS if of course loving it now that he's allowed to drink Hot Chocolate!

I just can't wait until all the work is done with DHS and we can enjoy it without things being cut out or removed.

I LOVE that shirt! I still put it on him weekly!

Poor Calvin. Glad the hot choc made it all better.
And YAY for beating DH.

Great pics.

Thanks for being on my side about the beating on TSM, PIO! :lmao:

We called Southwest to check on the status of our stroller….. and still nothing :headache: Where the heck could it be, it was on the same flight with us?! So now we were stuck with that awful stroller at a park. Oh well, it is what it is.
:furious: I can't believe it was still missing. :sad1:

DH frantically making sure he has his phone to play Clash of Clans :laughing:
:lmao: I've seen that look from Dug too (not related to that game, since he doesn't play it, but just general panic about his phone being unaccounted for).

And he was pissed. I actually think he got mad at me for taking his picture :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: Way to go! :thumbsup2

I know there is a warning against pregnant women riding but my doctor had seriously OK’ed any and all rides except for anything that went upside down or would tightly restrain my belly. She also told me if I got motion sickness just to stay away for my sake. And really, Star Tours was nothing compared to some of the country roads I take going to see my Doctor :car:
I suspect your doctor is suddenly going to have an influx of patients who have a Disney trip planned. :scratchin (But, I get it - I ride the bus to work and we are on the interstate in heavy rush hour traffic, slamming on breaks, driving in bumpy shoulders, swerving around, etc. - and the doctors were always totally cool with that, but not Test Track? I mean, they are pretty much the same motion, but at least Test Track has seatbelts.)

I’d also get him a hot chocolate, which made him even more excited. During Christmas, DH and I have our own 25 Days of Christmas, where each night we watch a Christmas movie and I make different types of hot chocolate and every once in a while, we'd let DS have some. So he knew very well what hot chocolate was ::yes::
I want to spend December at your house! :hyper: Sounds fun! And I love hot chocolate! Interestingly, Izzy has been talking about hot chocolate all the time recently, but I know I haven't given her any. :confused3 Just tonight, she was trying to get me to do something or other and was like, "Mommy, if you do this, I will give you a hot chocolate!" :rotfl:

Ha! Either Miss Myna Talent doesn't appreciates pictures very much or she just hates me

:lmao: Hilarious!

Catching up on your report!

I love the story with your DH following the old woman, and the fact the your DS got pictures of reaction without you knowing is hilarious!

I stayed at old key west once and was blown away by the size! I felt like it was a mini apartment (it was also my first time staying at a 2 bedroom villa

Looks like a successful morning at DHS, i am excited to read / see about the poly villas!

I'll reply to all the comments soon, but wanted to come on and update for those i'm not friends with on Facebook or Instagram, that our new DS, Quentin is here!

:banana::bounce::cheer2:

It was quite the day that's for sure. That morning I had a doctor appointment and I had not progressed. I was 2 weeks out from my due date and was measuring 2cm so she decided to do a membrane sweep. I figured I was definitely going to be induced, like I was with Calvin. As she was walking out, I had the urge to ask, what I should do if my water did break (never asked with Calvin!) and she told me to get to the hospital within the hour but that I would more than likely see her next week for my next appointment. Wow thank goodness I asked! That night at 8:45pm my water broke:eek: I wasn't packed, the car seat wasn't installed, we were NOT prepared, mainly because it was stuck in my head I was going to be induced. DH's mom and dad (we did not tell my mom right away cause she would have freaked out!) came over and DH installed the car seat while I got us packed. We got to the hospital close to 10, got checked and I was a 4! They got us into a room around 10:45pm. Don't we look so excited!:rotfl2: I really think we were in shock. We were not prepared at all.

But 6 hours later, we got to meet our new Son!

He was born April 28 at 4:48am, 6 lbs 14 ounces and 19 inches long.

Calvin was so happy to meet him!

IMG_1174.JPG.jpeg

He talked to him and sang to him and asked where his teeth went :lmao: So adorable! And yes, he still loves him one week later :hyper:

Hope all is well with everyone and will get caught up shortly on TR's!

:wave:

Oh Alicia, so happy for you all. Welcome to the world Quentin!!!!

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!!

Funny thing is I almost sent you a pm Monday after DW had her appointment. I was thinking about how close we were getting and knew you had to be close. I kind of wondered if he was here since I hadn't seen you online for a few days.

Congratulations!! Quentin is absolutely precious. Calvin is adorable as well, you can tell he really loves his new little brother!

Congratulations again, Alisha, Dan and Calvin. What a cute addition to your family and what an awesome family of four you are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter