Newbie to WW and going to Disneyland need advice

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
I am finishing my first week of WW and so far so good, but in 2 weeks I will be going to Disneyland and am wondering if you can give me some advice on how to stay within my points. This isn't the first time I have gone there but this is the first time I will be on a more healthier me. I just don't want to lose X number of lbs these next Three weeks just to turn around and gain them back in 3 days. Please any advice would be great.

My only advice is to plan ahead. You have been there before so you know what kind of food is served where. So before you go, take your WW materials think about the kind of foods you may want and look up the point values first. Sometimes when you see the point values it changes your mind about what you want to eat. It does for me anyway. Continue writing in your journal so that you dont do any mindless eating. And remember to have fun and not stress too much about it.

Don't forget to add your exercise points at the end of the day.....alll that walking has to count for something! Just stick to your journal, remember portion size and enjoy yourself! I'm so jealous :p

This is Mom-to-3.

Remember to drink your 8 glasses plus more for the walking/heat. Take along fat free salad dressing packets if you don't think you can get it there. Bring along healthy snacks.

Remind yourself that Disneyland (and their food) aren't disappearing tomorrow. You'll be able to go again some day as your slimmer self!

Portion size -- it doesn't matter how "good for you" the food is -- if you eat too much of it, it's not. If you are eating at sit down restaurants, order salad while others order an appetizer and then order an appetizer as your main meal. Also ask if they will plate an entree in an appetizer portion. I did that at WDW and most restaurants were happy to do so.

Bank points each day for one treat and decide on the point range of the treat ahead of time. That way you won't feel guilty. Nothing tastes good when you feel guilty about eating it.

Eat 4-6 small, low point "meals" instead of 2-3 big ones. That way you can stay within your range but not feel deprived if you happen to be traveling with grazers who snack all day.

Save your points for something you can't get somewhere else. For example, popcorn. You can get popcorn any day of the week. Splurge on a Dole Whip or giant turkey leg instead.

Look for carrots, grapes and other healthy alternatives. They have them at WDW so they may also have them at DL/CA.

And drink that water!

Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter