"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Patsy I'm in love with Owen! So sweet!

Oh Valerie! I'm so sorry!! I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks for the condolences ladies. It is still very surreal to me. He was my oldest brother, and we were not very close -- but I always knew he'd be there for me if I needed him. He moved to Fla a couple of years back, so it's not like I even saw or talked to him on a regular basis. Of my mom's 6 kids, now 2 have passed away in their 40's -- makes me feel not so great about having turned 39 this year....... Granted both smoked, and my sister passed from breast cancer, but still. More convinced than ever that cigarettes kill.

So, suffice it to say, I've been a little blue. With the twins & ODS, not much time for anything else. DH, god bless him, hates to see me sad -- suggested I start thinking about our next Disney trip. Probably right between the kids' birthdays. Dan's bday is 6/19 & the twins are 7/2 -- school ends around 6/16 I think, ususally right around Dan's bday. So right between & we celebrate birthdays for the whole trip. He missed our annual trip this year too.

I need to think about details -- we probably need a car this time, do we just drive down? Might be easier in some regards. What resort do we want? Poly or Epcot area might minimize the driving we need to do, there's also BLT -- very attractive, walk to MK, monorail to ttc transfer to epcot. Fort Wilderness cabins feel too out of the way right now....

So resort choice is either 1) Poly 2) BLT 3) Yacht or Beach Club or 4) BCV -- tough choices. :) It is distracting, I probably won't be making any decisions for a while tho.

quick food question... I don't want to give Carys rice cereal anymore. One I don't think it is doing her any good and two I think that it's giving her a rash on her cheeks. She is eating fruits and vegetables now (gerber stage 1 containers). My friend said that she has to have some kind of cereal twice a day for the iron? I was only feeding Carys rice cereal once a day as it was so clearly I was doing something wrong from the get go :lmao: Anyone else know about this? I thought she would be getting enough iron from her formula and now from her food. Man, I'm confused. :confused3

I was at my mom's house today and saw my sister's baby book (she is 38 now) but my mom started rice cereal and fruit at 1 month, yellow vegetables at 2 months and so on. wow! so early. and we turned out ok!

quick food question... I don't want to give Carys rice cereal anymore. <snip>
I thought she would be getting enough iron from her formula and now from her food. Man, I'm confused. :confused3

I've never been a fan of the babyfood cereals, neither have my kids......

You could try oatmeal instead. My babies preferred cheerios. lol But I tend to think that yeah if she hasn't tested anemic, she's getting enough iron from formula & foods.

Thanks for the condolences ladies. It is still very surreal to me. He was my oldest brother, and we were not very close -- but I always knew he'd be there for me if I needed him. He moved to Fla a couple of years back, so it's not like I even saw or talked to him on a regular basis. Of my mom's 6 kids, now 2 have passed away in their 40's -- makes me feel not so great about having turned 39 this year....... Granted both smoked, and my sister passed from breast cancer, but still. More convinced than ever that cigarettes kill.

So, suffice it to say, I've been a little blue. With the twins & ODS, not much time for anything else. DH, god bless him, hates to see me sad -- suggested I start thinking about our next Disney trip. Probably right between the kids' birthdays. Dan's bday is 6/19 & the twins are 7/2 -- school ends around 6/16 I think, ususally right around Dan's bday. So right between & we celebrate birthdays for the whole trip. He missed our annual trip this year too.

I need to think about details -- we probably need a car this time, do we just drive down? Might be easier in some regards. What resort do we want? Poly or Epcot area might minimize the driving we need to do, there's also BLT -- very attractive, walk to MK, monorail to ttc transfer to epcot. Fort Wilderness cabins feel too out of the way right now....

So resort choice is either 1) Poly 2) BLT 3) Yacht or Beach Club or 4) BCV -- tough choices. :) It is distracting, I probably won't be making any decisions for a while tho.

:hug::hug:

I've always wanted to stay at the Poly. What park do you spend the most time in?
quick food question... I don't want to give Carys rice cereal anymore. One I don't think it is doing her any good and two I think that it's giving her a rash on her cheeks. She is eating fruits and vegetables now (gerber stage 1 containers). My friend said that she has to have some kind of cereal twice a day for the iron? I was only feeding Carys rice cereal once a day as it was so clearly I was doing something wrong from the get go :lmao: Anyone else know about this? I thought she would be getting enough iron from her formula and now from her food. Man, I'm confused. :confused3

I was at my mom's house today and saw my sister's baby book (she is 38 now) but my mom started rice cereal and fruit at 1 month, yellow vegetables at 2 months and so on. wow! so early. and we turned out ok!

Um Lily had rice cereal maybe twice, and she barely ate any of it. She also never got any of the iron drops or multivitimins the Dr prescribed for her.

It is recommended that they get the cereal for the iron, but I think it's all propaganda. lol There are other iron rich foods that she can eat right away. I know there's a list on wholesomebabyfood.com.

Lily's had her very first fever this week. Never got over 102, but it's been annoying and a bit scary. I think it finally broke last night, so we'll see. :sick:

:hug::hug:

I've always wanted to stay at the Poly. What park do you spend the most time in?

:

Kids will be just turned 8 & almost 2 -- in the past we mainly split time between MK & EP. Typically we'll only spend 1 day or maybe 1/2 a day at both HS & AK. We love eating at Epcot, and we like to take a break at the resort (nap and/or swim) for the hottest part of the day. So often enough after our break we'll be heading back to EP for dinner & to do a few things.

So Poly really is the perfect location -- keeping in mind we'll have the twins' double stroller & Dan's special needs stroller, so its either monorail, or drive, or walk if we do BLT. Busses won't really work for us until the twins are a bit more self sufficient. In the past we liked not having or needing a car for the whole trip. Yeah Epcot area resorts may need to wait til the twins are older.

So that has halved the resort choices for me, Poly or BLT (1BR) -- I could be sold on the extra space, kitchen & washer/dryer at BLT, not really crazy about the contemporary or its restaraunt choices, but there is the boat to WL & FW as well as the monorail resorts...... choices, choices. We have stayed at the Poly 2x, so we know that we like it already......someplace known , or something new.......

Jake never took rice cereal, or any cereal. He never did any starches period. He will be 12 months and we are now introducing those. He has a really bad stomach and we thought he was allergic to them or had some kind of disaccharide digestion problem. He is the healthiest kid -- not chunky, very muscular, and very above the bar when it comes to development. I say if you want to cut out the cereal then go for it.

I hate when people think they need to give their kids rice cereal to sleep too. My son was sleeping all night without any bottles (and absolutely no rice) at 3 months old. Still sleeps 12 hrs at night and takes several hr naps. Rice isn't a must. Jake has survived! lol

Guess Elliott is the opposite. He loves cereal! We switch between rice and oatmeal.

quick food question... I don't want to give Carys rice cereal anymore. One I don't think it is doing her any good and two I think that it's giving her a rash on her cheeks. She is eating fruits and vegetables now (gerber stage 1 containers). My friend said that she has to have some kind of cereal twice a day for the iron? I was only feeding Carys rice cereal once a day as it was so clearly I was doing something wrong from the get go :lmao: Anyone else know about this? I thought she would be getting enough iron from her formula and now from her food. Man, I'm confused.
We ditched rice cereal because it made Sarah super constipated. Our ped told us not to worry about the iron thing because there is plenty in the formula that we use.

So that has halved the resort choices for me, Poly or BLT (1BR) -- I could be sold on the extra space, kitchen & washer/dryer at BLT, not really crazy about the contemporary or its restaraunt choices, but there is the boat to WL & FW as well as the monorail resorts...... choices, choices. We have stayed at the Poly 2x, so we know that we like it already......someplace known , or something new.......

I want to say BLT, because you should try something new, but I've stayed at POR 3 times, so I understand. I would take BLT just for the space.

We ditched rice cereal because it made Sarah super constipated. Our ped told us not to worry about the iron thing because there is plenty in the formula that we use.

Natalie was the same way. She does now like the fruit/cereal combo they sell in stage 2 and 3. Infact, she is 14 months and she still has some every morning along with cheerios and a banana.

So today was Natalie's first mother's day out, and I think her last for a while. The poor thing was so scared. In her "class" there are 6 kids and 3 teachers. She sat in one of the teachers lap the whole time and asked for Mommy and snubbed the whole time. When I went to pick her up at noon, I could tell she had been crying and when she saw me the tears really flowed. Poor little baby. I think I may try again next year when she is two... Maybe.

I hate when people think they need to give their kids rice cereal to sleep too. My son was sleeping all night without any bottles (and absolutely no rice) at 3 months old. Still sleeps 12 hrs at night and takes several hr naps. Rice isn't a must. Jake has survived! lol

Ditto.
1st night my MIL kept Lucas she had her neighbor watch him so she could walk to the market and buy cereal because she said we weren't feeding him right. We were pretty livid, as we'd strictly said bottles only. He was about 4.5 months old.

Now he eats everything he can get his hands on... :upsidedow

We never did cereal. We barely did baby food. I just hated messing with it, so we started him on really small pieces and stayed with him.

I don't know that we'll do baby food or cereal at all with Owen.

So glad I found this thread! I am new here. My name is Ashley and I just had a baby boy ( our first) on July 15! I am a Disney Nut and cant wait to take DS for the first time in a couple years! Hope to get to know you guys better!

So glad I found this thread! I am new here. My name is Ashley and I just had a baby boy ( our first) on July 15! I am a Disney Nut and cant wait to take DS for the first time in a couple years! Hope to get to know you guys better!
Welcome aboard. Remember to post a bunch of super cute pics.

here are a few now:
First born:
ma9rug.jpg

4 weeks:
34oalv6.jpg

6 weeks:
2nvb0hw.jpg

I'd post a picture of Owen.
Adorable and Congrats!!

So sorry for your loss.
On a happier note~ I vote BLT. DH and I stayed at CR last trip and I loved the walk to MK I found it very relaxing. Plus my DSis bought DVC at BLT and stayed there one night after they purchased and said it was amazing!

Welcome!! Your little boy is so cute!!

I am getting super impatient for my oldest DSis(40) to have her baby girl. Its her first too and it was awesome being prego together but I think I am having a harder time waiting for her to give birth than I was for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter