News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

Assuming the longest distance is around a Half, then training would start mid-Octoberish. I calculated the actual date at some point. So before then.

EDIT - Octoberish is Princess (October 25). Spring Surprise training would start Nov 28 if it were a half with the JG program.

Last edited:
Evidently Onceuponamarathon speaks for EVERYONE on this thread...
"No one cares"
No one?
I simply pushed back on some serious hyperbole.
I had said my opinion and already let it go but she brought it back up.

ANYWAY....(we need to move to a new topic)

Who wants to speculate on when they will announce the themes for the spring race?

I think it will be right around W&D. Hopefully the next announcement is the kids event since it needs to be in place before that weekend.

I'm also really not sure what the races will look like. Part of me thinks one option will be the old Animal Kingdom race and scavenger hunt who's name is totally escaping me. I think throwing one old event that had a pretty decent following is possible.

Totally off topic but does anyone remember when they had a Rollerblade marathon at WDW? I was actually signed up for it in 2005 but it was raining that morning and I didn't want to risk it. I wish I had done it.

Evidently Onceuponamarathon speaks for EVERYONE on this thread...
"No one cares"
No one?
I simply pushed back on some serious hyperbole.

Hyperbole or not, it was largely being ignored and would have likely passed by quietly without engagement. We’ve already had one thread on this topic locked for straying into similar territory and we’d rather not lose another.

I did not start the mask/shutdown/children dying comments.
They started a few pages and days ago.
I simply responded to them.
Are you telling me these type comments are only off limits to ME?
The rules only apply to Grumpy_42K?

This is a "News & Development for future" thread and I responded with my opinion of pre-existing comments.
I will move on as long as I am not attacked again.

Assuming the longest distance is around a Half, then training would start mid-Octoberish. I calculated the actual date at some point. So before then.

That’s a bit early for half training to officially start. Most half marathon training programs are 12-14 weeks which would put the start early to mid January. Even the really long Galloway 19 week program would be a December start time frame.

That’s a bit early for half training to officially start. Most half marathon training programs are 12-14 weeks which would put the start early to mid January. Even the really long Galloway 19 week program would be a December start time frame.

You're right. I was thinking Princess, which is a October 25 start (using Galloway). For Spring Surprise, if it were a half, then a galloway training start would be the week of Nov 28th.

Fair, but previous versions were not killing people anywhere in the world. This one is. As you say, we have better medical options in America, but if I had young children, I would be very careful until this wave passes.

You're getting the same response as Grumpy_42k, BuckeyeBama. Seriously, if you want to debate articles around Covid DO. IT. SOMEWHERE. ELSE. I don't care who you think is wrong on the internet.

I hope that they don’t wait until the very last week to announce the race, as far as a training calendar goes, like they did with MW and dopey training. I think people are tired of not knowing until the last second. And I REALLY hope they’re not planning on not announced by a theme until after registration because that would just be idiotic. 😂 blind bag races? No thanks.

I hope that they don’t wait until the very last week to announce the race, as far as a training calendar goes, like they did with MW and dopey training. I think people are tired of not knowing until the last second. And I REALLY hope they’re not planning on not announced by a theme until after registration because that would just be idiotic. 😂 blind bag races? No thanks.

People need to know the distance so they know if it’s something that’s feasible/want to do. Not everyone wants to do a half. And lots wouldn’t travel if the longest distance were only a few miles. I would think they would announce distance and themes before registration.

Asking nicely would have worked with me. I had not read your previous request when I posted as I read the threads in order.

Peace.

Previous threads included nice asks and many attempts at a topic change. No intention to offend, just get it across that we really need to move away from this topic.

Now let’s all move on and enjoy wild speculation about the future races we all love

Announcing themes long after registration is pretty much RunDisney’s signature move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter