News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I hope that they don’t wait until the very last week to announce the race, as far as a training calendar goes, like they did with MW and dopey training.
W&D registration was the day 10K training started
Announcing themes long after registration is pretty much RunDisney’s signature move.
I don’t mind not knowing the exact theme until medal reveal I’d just want a vague theme parks or marvel (yes I know there are limits in FL) or Pixar…..
So true 😂.

I’d really like to see some of the DL races. I’d be all for a Pixar race.
I’d love a Pixar theme…. Or Muppets I’ve already told my sister if it’s muppets we are adding my friend to our Pop reservation

W&D registration was the day 10K training started

I don’t mind not knowing the exact theme until medal reveal I’d just want a vague theme parks or marvel (yes I know there are limits in FL) or Pixar…..

I’d love a Pixar theme…. Or Muppets I’ve already told my sister if it’s muppets we are adding my friend to our Pop reservation

Muppets would be a great way to get that IP into the rotation. It really doesn’t get much attention.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t mind something a little shorter than a half with the heat in April. Maybe a 10miler?

Totally off topic but does anyone remember when they had a Rollerblade marathon at WDW? I was actually signed up for it in 2005 but it was raining that morning and I didn't want to risk it. I wish I had done it.
WHAT.

Yep. I know they had it in 2005 and I have the shirt somewhere to prove it. I think it was a half and full and maybe a day of skills stuff. I was rollerblading between the two offices I worked in at the time and registered for the half but it rained that morning and I was worried I would hurt myself and bailed.

For the Surprise Weekend I would welcome a four person relay that traverses all four parks.

Each runner chooses a park, runs through it and they MUST ride at least three rides per park.
The thing is, ALL four participants COULD run & ride together but only one runner per park would be timed.

All medals will be awarded after "Drinking around the World" on Monday.
(Perhaps I'm being TOO ambitious here?)

Rides like 'Pirates' would have the whole ensemble of relative Disney characters in front of the ride for photos.

The preliminary discussions of which park to run through and which rides to choose WOULD BE EPIC!
SAFD eat your heart out...
Currently EPCOT is my weakest link as far as three rides, though passing though Germany & Mexico makes up for it...ahem

OH, and none of this 5 AM!!! Start time!!! For crying out loud!

And what to do about the FOUR INDIVIDUAL medals???
Hmmm, how about The Incredibles?

Hey, A boy can dream can't he?

For the Surprise Weekend I would welcome a four person relay that traverses all four parks.

Each runner chooses a park, runs through it and they MUST ride at least three rides per park.
The thing is, ALL four participants COULD run & ride together but only one runner per park would be timed.

Rides like 'Pirates' would have the whole ensemble of relative Disney characters in front of the ride for photos.

The preliminary discussions of which park to run through and which rides to choose WOULD BE EPIC!
Currently EPCOT is my weakest link as far as three rides, though passing though Germany & Mexico makes up for it...ahem

I would like to see some form of relay event come back as an option. They had the marathon relay for at least one year, maybe a few, and they did a Muddy Buddy on property back in the day.

I'd also love to see something off road but I don't think Disney has any intention to do that.

I’m all for this, but EPCOT has to have Soarin as one of the race rides. My favorite ride!

ANYWAY....(we need to move to a new topic)

Who wants to speculate on when they will announce the themes for the spring race?
Ideally I’d say they continue to get back on schedule and announce the themes this month with registration next month, but with MW registrations still ongoing and Princess Weekend registrations coming up later this month, I wonder if they wait until September to announce the themes, registration in October.

I thought it would be fun to look at my previous predictions from this thread and see what I was totally off about:

1. Wine and Dine: I 100% did not think Wine and Dine would have a registration. No way, no how. Boy was I wrong about that one!
2. I mostly thought Marathon weekend would happen (as the first race back), though there were moments of doubt. I'm going to give myself a "mostly right" rating there.
3. Wine and Dine again. I thought that if it was villains themed it would signal a shift to unofficial villains characters for the race. Then they're the same as last year and now I just don't know anymore.
4. April Surprise. Total surprise. I was expecting an actual theme but the Surprise works much better in retrospect. They have a lot of IP that's not strong enough to sustain a race year after year, but would probably draw in a solid crowd as one-off events (muppets, park attractions, previously canceled races). The surprise theme lets them open up a whole grab bag of options. I think this one is the one I'm most excited about.

What about you? What took you by surprise? What were you able to call in advance?

Last edited:
What about you? What took you by surprise? What were you able to call in advance?
I'm still surprised W&D appears to be on... but I won't believe it really is until I'm on mile 12 of the half lol!
I was pretty sure about MW, so I'm solid there. For now, anyway.
I remain baffled about "Springtime Surprise." :confused3

One thing I haven't really discussed but am surprised about is that rD didn't come back with some kind of paid insurance/transfer/deferral policy.

Mears put out their "intro" pricing for the replacement service for ME. For anyone looking to NOT have to deal with a car rental or ride-share service.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...airport-to-resort-service-announced-for-2022/

The red flag to me is the statement “We plan to offer the same level of experience, service, and convenience we’ve provided for the last 16 years”. The service and convenience over the last 16 years has been on a consistently downward trend, taking longer and longer to get from the airport to the resorts as the years passed. If they’re planning On continuing that level of service, it may be worth it to go with another option just to avoid the lost time.

some of us don't know what the service was ever like though.....and given the choice of spending $300 on a rental car or $92 for a mears shuttle (because: car seat) I'll take the shuttle every day of the week. I certainly wouldn't know the difference. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter