News from the BWV annual meeting - Dining plan

lisaviolet said:
I feel an "uh oh" coming on. I used it at the food court at POR. I asked they said they take it (didn't have a permanent card at that time...so didn't have a list) and they gave me the 20%. Did they make a mistake? This solo trip I was planning on going there...using it...and sitting outside. I love POR. Say it isn't so.....
According to the DDE info posted on http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm the following places at POR accept the DDE:

Riverside: Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club

LisaS said:
According to the DDE info posted on http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm the following places at POR accept the DDE:

Riverside: Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club

Thanks Lisa....that's a shame.......I am a LisaS too!

BVC 23. or anyone else....I need new options for this DDE. I just don't want to do a lot of TS in general and certainly not solo this trip. So which lounge is your favorite?

I can see myself doing this for a split trip...three or four nights in DVC, one or two nights elsewhere. But sitdown meals plus counterservice every day is a lot of food.

The other thing I have to wonder is if the plan will continue to include as many restaurants as it does now? After all this could turn into a way for Disney to market poorly performing restaurants while leaving the popular ones as cash only.

This is SUCH great news!

We went in September on the "free" dining plan and LOVED it! We are going to BWV April 2nd - April 8th. We enjoyed the dining plan so much that we were disappointed that we couldn't get it.

Perfect timing!!! :banana:

As far as dining plan verses DDE, we have both....and used both. Of course it depends on how you eat, but the Dining Plan was a much better deal for us than the DDE by itself....but the DDE card gave us 20% off of the extras that weren't on the plan (alcohol, some add on's etc) as well as 20% the meals we paid OOP. Worked great.

Here is my REVIEWS of the restaurants (with photos), the dining plan, and the cost savings of each meal.

lisaviolet said:
. I just don't want to do a lot of TS in general and certainly not solo this trip.

On a side note, don't discount TS on a solo trip. I brought a book to be more comfortable the first time but this allowed me to try some restuarants that I really wanted but was too cheap for. It also allowed me to enjoy fine dining in peace and quiet. JMHO

BCV23 said:
But DDE will not help you at all with CS restaurants with the exception of AK, POFQ, POP, and AllStars. I imagine few DVCers will want to make the trek to a value resort or POFQ just to use DDE.

And really, you sound like a good candidate for the dining plan since you like a mix of counter and table service. You could always use your snack credits on the Mickey rice cripie treats and take them home.

BTW someone mentionned Beaches and Cream as a counter service restaurant. It is table service. So you can use DDE there but would need to use a TS credit if on the plan.

Its funny you say that, because 1 of the reasons I bought DVC was I wanted to stay int he nicer hotels, but not pay an arm and a leg for them each time I go. The DVC financing worked for me, but paying $300 a night for the poly or the like is just WAY too much for us.

cdpa4d said:
I don't know the answer for sure, but why wouldn't Castle dining be included. I would think the plan would get very confusing if they started excluding meals for DVC members and including meals for non-DVC members.

The castle meals are two TS credits instead of one per person. That should be the only difference. That is the case for all people on the dining plan.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the menu change will put CIndy's in the same catergory as V and A or the Expensive French restaurant. Neither of those are available on the DP (unfortunately... Given the price our meal at California Grill was, it was just as pricy as V and A so I am not sure the reason for the exclusion.), maybe there is talk of removing Cindy from there.

doubletrouble_vb said:
I can see myself doing this for a split trip...three or four nights in DVC, one or two nights elsewhere. But sitdown meals plus counterservice every day is a lot of food.

The other thing I have to wonder is if the plan will continue to include as many restaurants as it does now? After all this could turn into a way for Disney to market poorly performing restaurants while leaving the popular ones as cash only.

I have a feeling that may lead to some being 1 or 2 credits. Move the badly performing ones to 1 credit... maybe perm or maybe as a special.

unixadm said:
This is SUCH great news!

We went in September on the "free" dining plan and LOVED it! We are going to BWV April 2nd - April 8th. We enjoyed the dining plan so much that we were disappointed that we couldn't get it.

As far as dining plan verses DDE, we have both....and used both. Of course it depends on how you eat, but the Dining Plan was a much better deal for us than the DDE by itself....but the DDE card gave us 20% off of the extras that weren't on the plan (alcohol, some add on's etc) as well as 20% the meals we paid OOP. Worked great.

Here is my REVIEWS of the restaurants (with photos), the dining plan, and the cost savings of each meal.

So to be clear you were able to use the DP to get a TS meal, and then use the DDE to get 20% off of the alcohol at said meal. Correct?

unixadm said:
This is SUCH great news!

I enjoyed your review but forgive, I just can't crack the acronym. What does OOP mean? I get the concept, but it is going to drive me nuts if I don't figure it out. ;-)

Thanks!

Ok Never Mind. I figured it out--- Out of Pocket. DUH!!!

yitbos96bb said:
I enjoyed your review but forgive, I just can't crack the acronym. What does OOP mean? I get the concept, but it is going to drive me nuts if I don't figure it out. ;-)

Thanks!

OOP ~ Out of Pocket :)

I took a look at the pdf file of the current MYW dining plan. I'm an obsessive planner, but this is too much. We are taking our 2006 trip with a large party, and I don't think I have it in me to police what everyone orders. Additionally, nearly all the evening meals on our wish list are listed as two TS credits.

We don't go for enough days each year to justify an AP, so the DDE is out. I am thinking we will just go with the regular DVC discount that applies to some of our sit-down restaurants, continue to make breakfast in our kitchen, show up for our ADRs and just order what we want and pay. :(

snowbunny said:
I took a look at the pdf file of the current MYW dining plan. I'm an obsessive planner, but this is too much. We are taking our 2006 trip with a large party, and I don't think I have it in me to police what everyone orders. Additionally, nearly all the evening meals on our wish list are listed as two TS credits.

We don't go for enough days each year to justify an AP, so the DDE is out. I am thinking we will just go with the regular DVC discount that applies to some of our sit-down restaurants, continue to make breakfast in our kitchen, show up for our ADRs and just order what we want and pay. :(

And that is what works best, and is the most economical for some folks. I have the DDE, since APs make sense for us because we tend to average 20 park days per year. On my Dec trip, I will keep track of all our food spending, what we eat, where we eat, and see if the dining plan will work for us. Based on our normal dining patterns, I don't think it is for us, the DDE is better, but for a lot of people the Dining Plan will be good. We'll see when I put the figures to it later this month.

snowbunny said:
I We are taking our 2006 trip with a large party, and I don't think I have it in me to police what everyone orders.

We don't go for enough days each year to justify an AP, so the DDE is out.

Depending on how "large the group" consider getting one AP. DDE is good for up to 10 people discounted (plus the alchol). We found in one meal at Chef Mickey's it was paid for. After that, it's gravy. So if you can explain it to your group and not get stuck yourself with the whole AP cost and the $50 DDE, I think you'll come out way ahead.

cdpa4d said:
I don't know the answer for sure, but why wouldn't Castle dining be included. I would think the plan would get very confusing if they started excluding meals for DVC members and including meals for non-DVC members.

The castle meals are two TS credits instead of one per person. That should be the only difference. That is the case for all people on the dining plan.
I would assume it's 'cause meals there are going up significantly and will include a photo package with them. There will no longer be just having a meal there....

Waiting to see how this all shakes out....

InstImpres said:
On a side note, don't discount TS on a solo trip. I brought a book to be more comfortable the first time but this allowed me to try some restuarants that I really wanted but was too cheap for. It also allowed me to enjoy fine dining in peace and quiet. JMHO
::yes:: I have a lovely solo lunch at LTT one day after my travelmate left early for the airport. The CM's gave me a great table by the window and were very chatty and attentive. I didn't feel out of place at all! :)

I'm really excited about the option of the Dining plan. It will allow us to know the cost of our meals in advance and will save us money for the trip. We generally do one or two character breakfasts and table service for dinner every night, generally skip lunch for a snack, but even if we do not use all the credits, we break even daily on dinner alone. Great plan for us. When I called to make PS for last trip for character meals, the CM said it is a good idea to reserve PS even for other restaurants since more people are booking meals in advance with the meal plan.

kadaten said:
I would assume it's 'cause meals there are going up significantly and will include a photo package with them. There will no longer be just having a meal there....

Waiting to see how this all shakes out....

I agree. I don't think they would distinguish WHO on the dining plan got a castle meal... I think they would eliminate it all together as a DP option... like V and A.

Luvmyfam3 said:
Actually, unless I got an old link, I looked up the plan and the castle isn't two TS credits. You're right, though, they may change it to that....

What place was the picture taken at? THose sundae's look wonderful!

quick question- we have a large group going next year and i was thinking of all of us using the dde. can this be used for all 3 meals or just one meal? and the tip isnt included correct? i'm wondering which would be better to do the dining plan or dde.

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter