• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News on Annual Passes

Silvarra

Earning My Ears
Just saw an article from Kenny the Pirate concerning annual passes for Disney Land. Prices increased, all passes have blackout dates, and are only open for renewals. No new passes. Also, no passes for WDW. Apparently record profits and lower capacity numbers are 'good enough' for Chapek and company to feel we don't need passes.

No NEW passes for WDW
WDW renewals have never stopped
Does the no new Annual Passes also apply to new DVC purchasers or is there a way they can buy them? I would think that having that ability would cut down the marketability considerably.

Does the no new Annual Passes also apply to new DVC purchasers or is there a way they can buy them? I would think that having that ability would cut down the marketability considerably.
Only if the DVC are FL residents
And I agree.
Like FL having an opening to buy them I think DVC should be able to buy Pixie passes too.
Even if they don't want to open all passes to DVC at least open Pixie passes to them.

I guess DVC doesn't have enough pull to get AP sales opened

Only if the DVC are FL residents
And I agree.
Like FL having an opening to buy them I think DVC should be able to buy Pixie passes too.
Even if they don't want to open all passes to DVC at least open Pixie passes to them.

I guess DVC doesn't have enough pull to get AP sales opened
I think that would skew DVC reservation demand too much.

No, I mean Members would book around the pass restrictions.
That could get ugly imo.
I don't understand.
On site resort stays get to book park reservations for length of stay. Having an AP doesn't change that
You don't have restrictions with on site stays

I don't understand.
On site resort stays get to book park reservations for length of stay. Having an AP doesn't change that
You don't have restrictions with on site stays
Perhaps we are talking about two different things.
I’m not talking about park reservation, but rather the restrictions on the particular AP. The Pixie has so many black out periods that I believe many DVC guests would try to schedule around those periods, thus creating a bottleneck.

Perhaps we are talking about two different things.
I’m not talking about park reservation, but rather the restrictions on the particular AP. The Pixie has so many black out periods that I believe many DVC guests would try to schedule around those periods, thus creating a bottleneck.
Oh, I see what you mean. Black out dates. When it comes to those I don't see how they could schedule around them. Even having a resort reservation doesn't trump black out dates, to my knowledge. Those are hard and fast, I believe.
It wouldn't be ideal for a DVC to have Pixie pass, since like you said, they have black out dates but they might better than no AP at all, and of course, no DVC member would be required to buy one. Those who didn't want one could stick with tickets, just like they have been. Just saying that it could be nice if they had a chance to buy one, if their travel plans suited the restrictions.

Oh, I see what you mean. Black out dates. When it comes to those I don't see how they could schedule around them. Even having a resort reservation doesn't trump black out dates, to my knowledge. Those are hard and fast, I believe.
It wouldn't be ideal for a DVC to have Pixie pass, since like you said, they have black out dates but they might better than no AP at all, and of course, no DVC member would be required to buy one. Those who didn't want one could stick with tickets, just like they have been. Just saying that it could be nice if they had a chance to buy one, if their travel plans suited the restrictions.
While I whole heartedly agree that it would be nice, I think it would be a mess for DVC bookings.

Yeah for DVC I would bet very few are scheduling only monday to friday stays and only on those non blacked out days and would actually anger DVC members more as they cannot do their trips as normal.

Yeah for DVC I would bet very few are scheduling only monday to friday stays and only on those non blacked out days and would actually anger DVC members more as they cannot do their trips as normal.
That's fine. Like I said, no one would force DVC to buy that pass. They'd be free to leave things as they are right now of course.
But for retired DVC who can travel during the week, wouldn't it be nice if they did have the option to buy that pass? Who would it hurt in the long run?
Guess I just don't get why folks would get mad. Not when it's 100% optional to use that pass.
I don't own DVC but I sure wouldn't begrudge anyone who bought a Pixie pass and could travel during the week and use it
I mean, room rates are cheaper during the week. I don't get mad that folks can book cheaper rooms then and I'm left with more expensive weekend rates. While that's not exactly the same it's similar.

Its optics right? So all the people who were told about visiting for a week maybe 2 at a time oh yeah we are going to offer this new benefit that is basically not worth anything. So yeah it might be good for some but perhaps not even most. Now that is the new benefit for DVC members nevermind it excludes most perhaps. Also they wont have two tiers of DVC. So it would be nice that a pass aligns with DVC travel. Keep in mind DVC rooms are booked most of the year all the time including weekends and all those blackout dates.

Lets be clear APs are for financial benefit of the person visiting. Noone is paying 1300 for a pass taht they dont use, or to go for 1 day. So yeah i wont begrudge anyone who it does work for however if they have one pass for DVC i rather it work for an overwhelming majority which i dont think a pixie pass would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter