News on Annual Passes

I’m actually surprised it lasted as long as it did. I expected sell outs in a few hours. I bet it will be quicker for WDW (unless the length of time was due to the system not keeping up, which, knowing Disney IT, is entirely possible).

Just over 32 hours to be precise for full stop of all tiers. 9am PT on 11/16/2022 to after 4pm PT on 11/17/2022.
The 28 hours referenced the Imagine Key. But your ballpark at 32 hours is good enough. Still a phenomenon.

This is heartbreaking for DLR fans who were waiting and missed it. I feel so badly for them.
No one knows when it will happen again, but perhaps in a year?

The 28 hours was from start at 9:00 a.m. PST 11/16 to sales stopped for the Imagine Key. Then 31 hours and about 30 to 40 minutes 4:30 or 4:40 p.m. PST 11/17/22 for full stop on all resumed Magic Key sales. But your ballpark at 32 hours is good enough. Still a phenomenon.

This is heartbreaking for DLR fans who were waiting and missed it. I feel so badly for the
No one knows when it will happen again, but perhaps in a year?

That's why I specified it was for the total time 😁. Apologies it wasn't more clear. I just find that the most fascinating piece.

Also 9am to 4:30pm the next day is 32h30m not 31h30m 😬

I feel worse for those who got through, it glitched, told them to call, they say in a multi hour phone line, then only to be told "too bad so sad" they sold out :(. It was really badly handled even by Disney standards. CMs were telling people "they won't sell out, don't worry".

It's a big warning for WDW when APs open again there. Don't hesitate and always be watching. It could happen at any point. And don't listen to a CM that says "they won't sell out".

Edit: I just saw you updated the original post removing the incorrect calculation so ignore that part 😂

Half wish nobody would buy them. Oh now their important.

I wonder if DL released this “AP Announcement “ to give their Tech Team a chance to test the updated model they plan to release.
We know the AP Model is undergoing revisions and will be “NEW”.
Disney has been discussing this with the Interviews and media .
Possibility of a return to AP with a new description/ subscription membership …
Making it more difficult to compare old costs to the new AP and eliminate so much complaint / comparing to the good old days of Disney. Those days are never coming back. Be thankful for your memories of a simpler life. But be prepared for new ways to make memories $$$.$$

Just a different but similar wake up call recently.
The local news was interviewing the police chief and the same old How to prepare for the hurricane in Southern Florida… Normally a family would be prepared and possibly “ evacuate “ to Theme Parks
Or just take the chance and not evacuate knowing they would be rescued . This time the warnings included ….
If you choose to stay we are issuing notice of Who to contact updates / profiles because the risk level for the responders is equal importance to those that refuse to heed the need to evacuate warnings.
This included WDW announcing No New Check-Ins allowed along with hurricane threats.
Blunt new business models are necessary. What do you think ?

Looking at the sales numbers over the past few months, DVC still looks strong.
:confused3 And parks were rarely closed due to capacity so it really wasn't a problem.

The point of the reservation system is to move guests into parks that are "slow" so guests will spend money there and Disney can staff evenly across the board (although clearly minimally too). The reservation system is of no benefit to guests.

None of our trips (5) or any time I check for availability (often) were we ever locked out of every park. A couple times MK was not available but became available as we got closer.

Currently we have availability at all parks, all days the remainder of the year. We have even been offered bonus days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter