News Round Up 2016

Rumor

Jim Hill musings

Epcot- Renovation work to begin within next 1-2 years. At least one major attraction built by 2021 and then more to come after that.

Rivers of Light- Iger saw video of RoL preview, felt the show was not strong enough to stand alone. Debut to come alongside Avatar opening. New RoL show for WDW 50th after they get their return on investment.

Cabana Test- Final version of cabanas in MK would have firework views. They would go in the area where the Tomorrowland Skyway station was. They would be on the second level for views of the park. http://www.yesterland.com/reminders.html
-Epcot test would put the tents in the future world area between FW and WS where they place the flower and garden kids playground.
-1.5 acres set aside in Star Wars Experience for permanent cabanas, Star Wars Experience is supposed to be 14 acres total, 1.5 of that dedicated to cabanas...
-Imagineers not happy about this and the theming aspect.

Is this really the future of WDW? At the first couple of upsell events, I thought, well, they found another revenue stream to make up for some fallings. Then they just kept coming. And now with the $49 steamboat ride with mickey bars, and cabanas with the possibility of cabana city coming, I've got to say they are approaching the edge of a cliff here. Can't wait for the exclusive Tom Sawyer Island excursion. "We've hidden 20 mickey bars, for $49 you can go find them".......

Any word on the official end date for Flower & Garden? I'll be there June 3rd, hoping to catch the tail end of it.

Rumor

Jim Hill musings

Rivers of Light- Iger saw video of RoL preview, felt the show was not strong enough to stand alone. Debut to come alongside Avatar opening. New RoL show for WDW 50th after they get their return on investment.

So ROL is done for now and zero chance of it opening in December?

Guess $100 a night is not enough - look for $120 next year folks.

Here are my last three forays into these things:

October 2010: Halloween in wdw...hated it, was too crowded and uncomfortable - not a good value (blamed the weather - heat)...price way up From prior experience

November 2014: Christmas at wdw...hated it, was too crowded and uncomfortable - not a good value (blamed jersey week - weather was great)...price way up from prior experience

October 16: Halloween in Anaheim...hated it, was too crowded and uncomfortable - not a good value (blamed the rain)...price way up from prior experience.

I'm done...but I can't quite figure out why? Can someone who's good at math or knows the davinci code help me figure out the pattern?

The good news is Jim hill usually makes it up...

The bad news is IF he didn't make this up it goes to my hunch all along: this thing was being shoehorned where it didn't fit with a weak concept and will be a 10 year "fantasmic lite" or "world of color ultralight"

We'll see...but I feel like Princess Leia in the asteroid right now...

Is this really the future of WDW? At the first couple of upsell events, I thought, well, they found another revenue stream to make up for some fallings. Then they just kept coming. And now with the $49 steamboat ride with mickey bars, and cabanas with the possibility of cabana city coming, I've got to say they are approaching the edge of a cliff here. Can't wait for the exclusive Tom Sawyer Island excursion. "We've hidden 20 mickey bars, for $49 you can go find them".......
I was going to comment something to that effect but you said it better than I was before I deleted it. In my mind it's a complete shift in how WDW wants to be. It's not a shift here and there it's an entire philosophy it seems they are going on.

I am not sure if this was before the latest CM previews or not. I can't see it being done for now with CM previews happening again next week. My guess is Jim has old info here.

I was going to comment something to that effect but you said it better than I was before I deleted it. In my mind it's a complete shift in how WDW wants to be. It's not a shift here and there it's an entire philosophy it seems they are going on.

My therapist says I should think "happy" when this comes up...like a Bob Ross painting...

I hope the defense grid/bucket brigade doesn't show up...I'm in a "fragile" state

"Let's paint a little happy tree over here"

this thing was being shoehorned where it didn't fit with a weak concept
I disagree with this. How was it being shoehorned where it didn't fit? Jungle Book yes, that was shoehorned where it didn't fit with a weak concept but by no means is RoL being shoehorned where it doesn't fit. You also can't call the concept weak if you haven't seen it.

Here are my last three forays into these things:

October 2010: Halloween in wdw...hated it, was too crowded and uncomfortable - not a good value (blamed the weather - heat)...price way up From prior experience

November 2014: Christmas at wdw...hated it, was too crowded and uncomfortable - not a good value (blamed jersey week - weather was great)...price way up from prior experience

October 16: Halloween in Anaheim...hated it, was too crowded and uncomfortable - not a good value (blamed the rain)...price way up from prior experience.

I'm done...but I can't quite figure out why? Can someone who's good at math or knows the davinci code help me figure out the pattern?
That's funny, if you hated it why did you do the parties twice more? Too crowded and uncomfortable, isn't that any day at the parks?

...few things get the audible laugh from me...the last line broke the damn ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter