News Round Up 2016

Frozen video is really good. Actually quite a bit better than I expected. Looks we we have to get used to the World Showcase having a crazy long ride line.

That's an impressive dark ride. A lot better than I was expecting. The animatronics are extremely well done. Can't remember seeing an animatronic moving so fluidly, not even Shanghai's. I love that even in the scenes that have screens they used lots of props and great effects.

We can only hope that all the effects will be working for more than just a couple of years.

EDIT: The queue area is pretty cool too.

Last edited:
That is one impressive dark ride. A lot better than I was expecting. The animatronics are extremely well done. Can't remember seeing an animatronic moving so fluidly, not even Shanghai's. I love that even in the scenes that have screens they used lots of props and great effects.

We can only hope that all the effects will be working for more than just a couple of years.

It's funny, that's what I was thinking while reading the first part of your post...

That is one impressive dark ride. A lot better than I was expecting. The animatronics are extremely well done. Can't remember seeing an animatronic moving so fluidly, not even Shanghai's. I love that even in the scenes that have screens they used lots of props and great effects.

EDIT: The queue area is pretty cool too.

Sounds like they couldn't even keep them working for more than a couple of hours.

It's funny, that's what I was thinking while reading the first part of your post...

There's a lot of projection mapping and video, so that shouldn't be a big issue to fix. It's the animatronics I'm more worried about. In Mine Train it hasn't been a big problem, so hopefully they aren't too difficult to fix.

In not really but kinda Disney news; the FAA released new rules concerning Drones. Most of the rules concern drones under 55 lbs. and the need for operators to have a license. In combination with older rules drones are still not allowed to flown out of sight of the operator, over crowds, or at night. This means Disney's plans for incorporating drones into night time shows is still going to need FAA approval.

https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=20515

In not really but kinda Disney news; the FAA released new rules concerning Drones. Most of the rules concern drones under 55 lbs. and the need for operators to have a license. In combination with older rules drones are still not allowed to flown out of sight of the operator, over crowds, or at night. This means Disney's plans for incorporating drones into night time shows is still going to need FAA approval.

https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=20515
Which according to rumors they have been trying to get FAA approval. They also have been trying to figure out what to do with their no fly zone.

Which according to rumors they have been trying to get FAA approval. They also have been trying to figure out what to do with their no fly zone.

What's interesting, according to the article I read, is that there is also a requirement of one operator per drone. That could be a huge personnel cost if you're trying to incorporate them into a show. However, it was also stated that the FAA indicated exemptions for almost all of the rules can be applied for. I see Disney utilizing this exemption request extensively.

Interesting that they refer to it as "the third theme park" ... it looks cool but I was kinda expecting all the slides to be better themed and not just purple tubes sticking out of a mountian
I guess we can consider Disney has 6 theme parks in Orlando then? I had heard they were going to sell it as this but I also heard there was going to be some hybrid attraction involving water and theme park type attractions.

I guess we can consider Disney has 6 theme parks in Orlando then? I had heard they were going to sell it as this but I also heard there was going to be some hybrid attraction involving water and theme park type attractions.

yeah, that is what I though/heard as well - that this would be more of a "water theme park" than either of Disney's are ... but I didn't get that impression from the short video

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter