News Round Up 2016

I ordered the preview center shirt pretty much the day it was released, and I still have yet to get it. I contacted Disney about it and they said I would be able to expect it before Christmas...geez, thanks for the timeline. Is this normal for these shirts?

They do take a while. I bought the Starjets shirt and it took months to arrive.

I ordered the preview center shirt pretty much the day it was released, and I still have yet to get it. I contacted Disney about it and they said I would be able to expect it before Christmas...geez, thanks for the timeline. Is this normal for these shirts?
Sadly, yes. The Disney limited shirts have always taken several months to ship in my experience.

I haven't got mine yet either. I believe it said 3-5 weeks.

And it's hard to know what they mean by 3-5 weeks for delivery.

From order date? From promotion end date? From processing end date? I would expect 2 month minimum on orders like this
Yep. I just ordered something from the Disney store online that wasn't limited edition or anything for my moms birthday and they said 5-8 days. I believe we are on day 4 since I ordered and it hasn't shipped yet.

I ordered the Alien one...and it's been so long, that I forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder!!

Don't know how accurate this is but WDW News Today is reporting that half of people with reservations for a WDW vacation are canceling due to the Zika threat. There is not any information on who did this survey (maybe Universal Orlando?).

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/half-walt-disney-world-vacationers-cancelling-trips-due-zika/
Weird. I don't think Zika is that big of a concern at least when I see people talking about vacationing to Florida. Sure Zika is a small part of it but there is a lot more variables here like gators, international economies, pricing, etc.

Weird. I don't think Zika is that big of a concern at least when I see people talking about vacationing to Florida. Sure Zika is a small part of it but there is a lot more variables here like gators, international economies, pricing, etc.

I'd love to see all of the questions. I'm wondering if that was more of a final straw for people than a complete reason (kind of what you are saying).

For what it is worth, the survey was domestic only, and it said that people making over $150,000 were much more likely to cancel (so I can't see pricing being a large impact).

Maybe you'll forget about it again and by the time it finally arrives it will be like a little present to yourself! :)
Ha ha...actually, I ordered one for each of our family! We LOVED Tim Curry's character as well as the pre-show - the theater part, eh, not as much, but truly miss this attraction!! So, they really are for Christmas presents, so I'm HOPING that they come in time!!

I'd love to see all of the questions. I'm wondering if that was more of a final straw for people than a complete reason (kind of what you are saying).

For what it is worth, the survey was domestic only, and it said that people making over $150,000 were much more likely to cancel (so I can't see pricing being a large impact).
What ever the reason, I'm hoping that the trip we have coming up will be less crowded - even if we were to be bitten by an infected mosquito while we are there, we are not planning on getting pregnant, and the mosquitos here in Minnesota will be long ago gone....is that selfish of me?

I ordered one of these and forgot I ordered it until I read your post! :eek:

Unfortunately, these shirts do take a while. I've had them take up to 8 weeks. The quickest I received one was the limited edition 20th anniversary Food and Wine Festival shirt from last year. It actually came about 2 days prior to my trip. I was shocked!

I love the Disney policy of "We'll destroy something you love, then we'll sell you a shirt/hat/item with it's name on it. And you'll buy it - dammit!"

And as I pointed out a few pages ago - I bought an Adventurer's Club sign - so yes guilty.
Guilty here also. I purchased the limited edition Horizons shirt several years ago. I've never worn it, it's still in the shrink wrap.

Last edited:

Just like to mention I saw on twitter the survey was conducted by Bloomberg and Disney has disputed the claims and the article about the survey has since been updated.

Don't know how accurate this is but WDW News Today is reporting that half of people with reservations for a WDW vacation are canceling due to the Zika threat. There is not any information on who did this survey (maybe Universal Orlando?).

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/half-walt-disney-world-vacationers-cancelling-trips-due-zika/

I seriously doubt it's that high - but I do have to say if my wife had was going to be pregnant on the trip - I think I would postpone. The risk of getting Zika is more or less zero at WDW at the moment, but the results could be life-changing, so why not postpone a year. Otherwise I don't think I would consider postponing and I have a hard time believing THAT many people will.

I seriously doubt it's that high - but I do have to say if my wife had was going to be pregnant on the trip - I think I would postpone. The risk of getting Zika is more or less zero at WDW at the moment, but the results could be life-changing, so why not postpone a year. Otherwise I don't think I would consider postponing and I have a hard time believing THAT many people will.

Which actually makes me think there could be some truth to it. Of the 5,000 people surveyed, 800 had trips planned. How many people with trips planned are pregnant or possibly going to get pregnant (i.e. how many are thinking of having another child)? I would bet pretty high. I know if we were in that situation (or thinking of being in that situation within the next 6-8 months), I would cancel my trip.

Just like to mention I saw on twitter the survey was conducted by Bloomberg and Disney has disputed the claims and the article about the survey has since been updated.

Well survey wasn't conducted by Bloomberg, it was reported first by them (unless twitter had an inside source that says Bloomberg paid for that study, which is very possible). But of course Disney is disputing it, no way they can claim it's true and give people more pause to come. That all said, the truth lies in the discounts that Disney is going to offer in the near term. Like you initially said, very likely not all due to Zika, but it certainly isn't helping.

Yep. I just ordered something from the Disney store online that wasn't limited edition or anything for my moms birthday and they said 5-8 days. I believe we are on day 4 since I ordered and it hasn't shipped yet.
Regardless of the time they post, it always seems to take a week to ten days before they even ship it.

If there are really many cancellations due to Zika I wonder if we'll start to see more specials on DCL cruises since they go into the heart of the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter