News Round Up 2016

So HP is no longer the sponsor of Mission:Space? When did this occur? I must have missed it. I think MS opened around 2003 so I guess their sponsorship contract came to an end.
Yes HP is out. I asked this same question a while ago and I guess it ended within the last year or two.

Summary of 45th anniversary timeline on Disboards:

Early in year: What are they doing for the 45th? Replies: don't expect anything special. It's not a big anniversary.

Mid year: where's the announcements for the 45th? Replies: don't expect anything. Its just the 45th.

Slightly later: queue 45th merchandise releases. Replies: that's it???

Today: queue 45th announcement confirming a whole lot of nothing. Replies: sarcasm and mocking of limited anniversary offerings.

Smh. You "Disney" people are never happy. :D ;)

Summary of 45th anniversary timeline on Disboards:

Early in year: What are they doing for the 45th? Replies: don't expect anything special. It's not a big anniversary.

Mid year: where's the announcements for the 45th? Replies: don't expect anything. Its just the 45th.

Slightly later: queue 45th merchandise releases. Replies: that's it???

Today: queue 45th announcement confirming a whole lot of nothing. Replies: sarcasm and mocking of limited anniversary offerings.

Smh. You "Disney" people are never happy. :D ;)

Ha! I could literally care less. Admittedly I sit here at my desk with my "WDW 40th" mousepad - but even if there is zero merchanise I just don't care.

capture-png.164716

Saw this image on another site. It gives a very different visual image of what the Avatar land is like (and this isn't even all of the land, it just happens to be a very large scale model).

Yes I see it. I'm on an iPad.

I tried it on my laptop in Chrome, Firefox, and IE and it didn't display. I tried the same three browsers on my PC and in Chrome the picture did display. I have no idea why, but for those of you having trouble seeing it, keep trying. For those of you geeks who know how to solve this issue, please post a reply to help the rest of us.

Edit: Thanks Sunoo...you posted your solution while I was typing.

I tried it on my laptop in Chrome, Firefox, and IE and it didn't display. I tried the same three browsers on my PC and in Chrome the picture did display. I have no idea why, but for those of you having trouble seeing it, keep trying. For those of you geeks who know how to solve this issue, please post a reply to help the rest of us.
Picture is now attached in post above this.

Very cool. I really don't like the movie but I am trying to put that bias aside and enjoy Pandora for what it is (hopefully and amazingly immersive land with thin character ties to the source material)

I wonder if they will have an issue with the occasional guest who will be scared to walk under those floating mountains. It looks like one of the attraction entrance might be only accessible that way. (Though maybe on the left is a second route into the indoor attractions.) Probably a minor issue but I would think some people would be afraid to walk under those rocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter