News Round Up 2016

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a fan of his, I am not huge on how negative he is some times. He does get things right (more than most) so that's why I post what he says.

Any insider (yes I know many of you don't like that term) will be the first to tell you that things change with Disney and are changing all of the time. That's why we saw Star Wars move from the Indiana Jones area to the backlot.

This is the biggest thing.

What can be frustrating is that someone could post every single thing that they hear and end up contradicting themselves on a daily basis. A rumor is just a snapshot of information at a given time. The information may be accurate to that time, and then the next day it changes.

Please don't get confused, I'm not saying that everything an insider says is correct or accurate. I'm just saying that there is a possiblity that the information starts as accurate and then becomes false.

Spirit spins a lot of tales - many of them never come to fruition. (In fact, I'd say about 1/3 of his rumors are saying that previous rumors aren't happening.}

I know @rteetz is a fan of his, and he does get things right at times, but his long lead rumors often don't come about. (Remember, he was one of the first to say GotG was coming to ToT, and then it was coming to Epcot, and now coming back to ToT. He also had Star Wars land in the Indiana Jones location, and a Pixar themed area before Toy Story Land - though he did eventually get Toy Story Land right. As I said, I'm not claiming he doesn't know inside stuff - he may well indeed - but he puts out a lot of rumors that don't happen - so I wouldn't get too worked up about what he says - especially when it's "after 2018".

though to be fair, it is possible he had that all correct as far as what plans were ... just that the plans kept changing. (not saying he is right, just that the fact he changes things doesn't mean the original wasn't correct at the time)

Spirit spins a lot of tales - many of them never come to fruition. (In fact, I'd say about 1/3 of his rumors are saying that previous rumors aren't happening.}

I know @rteetz is a fan of his, and he does get things right at times, but his long lead rumors often don't come about. (Remember, he was one of the first to say GotG was coming to ToT, and then it was coming to Epcot, and now coming back to ToT. He also had Star Wars land in the Indiana Jones location, and a Pixar themed area before Toy Story Land - though he did eventually get Toy Story Land right. As I said, I'm not claiming he doesn't know inside stuff - he may well indeed - but he puts out a lot of rumors that don't happen - so I wouldn't get too worked up about what he says - especially when it's "after 2018".
Okay I have to be transparent here. I can't stand Spirit's threads. He is pompous, arrogant, and too self centered.
That being said, I have to disagree with you on his accuracy.
In the cases you state, as soon as he released his info, other insiders that were waiting for confirmation chimed in, on all of it. Most of the insiders agreed the original plan was GoTG to ToT in both parks. Spirit also states that UoE WAS going to be GotG, but costs got exhorbitant.

Also all the insiders agreed the original plans for SWE in DHS was indy area, but they retooled and increased sizing and immersion and had to move it to where it is now for space. But it was the original site.

So while I think he is a pompous @$$ he has been pretty darn accurate. I will add he nailed the Shanghai lineup as well

Okay I have to be transparent here. I can't stand Spirit's threads. He is pompous, arrogant, and too self centered.
In the cases you state, as soon as he released his info, other insiders that were waiting for confirmation chimed in, on all of it. Most of the insiders agreed the original plan was GoTG to ToT in both parks. Spirit also states that UoE WAS going to be GotG, but costs got exhorbitant.

Also all the insiders agreed the original plans for SWE in DHS was indy area, but they retooled and increased sizing and immersion and had to move it to where it is now for space. But it was the original site.

So while I think he is a pompous ___ he has been pretty darn accurate. I will add he nailed the Shanghai lineup as well
I think this sums it up perfectly.

Last edited:

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a fan of his, I am not huge on how negative he is some times. He does get things right (more than most) so that's why I post what he says.

Any insider (yes I know many of you don't like that term) will be the first to tell you that things change with Disney and are changing all of the time. That's why we saw Star Wars move from the Indiana Jones area to the backlot.

Oh - I don't think you should stop posting his stuff - he's does get things right sometimes - I more post for others that get worked up about rumor posts.

News

PizzeRizzo opens November 18th

saw Disney Parks Blog has a story up on this now with some more details. The upstairs sounds interesting in that it is themed that a wedding is taking place and there is a dance floor, etc.

The menu sounds pretty similar to what was there before - obviously will come down to if the pizza is any good or not

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...pen-november-18-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

edit: should have waited 5 more seconds to see @rteetz get this covered while I was posting

Please don't get confused, I'm not saying that everything an insider says is correct or accurate. I'm just saying that there is a possiblity that the information starts as accurate and then becomes false.

It also could well be that things are being repeated that people are discussing internally but otherwise are not in any sort of serious plan. Remember what the definition of "Blue Sky" is - it's coming up with possible ideas - not things that are officially in place. So yes, everything Spirit (and others) say are quite possibly being discussed internally - but we as consumers of these rumors should realize this, that this is a lot different from them actually happening. The list of attractions that have been conceived is probably much longer than the list of attractions that have been built.

News

Parks blog post on pizzerizzo opening. Also share some menu details. It sounds pretty similar to pizza planet.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...pen-november-18-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Dang it - missed it by a month!

While I would expect it to have a similar menu to pizza planet (it's a pizza place after all) I am really hoping they have better pizza. I am not one to slag on Disney Dining as generally we enjoy 95 % of what we eat on property - but boy the food there (at Pizza Planet) was not good.

Parks Blog announcement of the Disney Springs "Christmas Tree Trail"

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...as-tree-trail-will-debut-this-holiday-season/

ETA: Debut day is 11/11

Again - anyone else thinking these are the trees (or at least the decorations) from the festival of trees that used to be up in Camp Minnie Mickey. Maybe not all of them - as I think they typically had more specific character trees there. I remember there being a Pluto tree very specifically. There was also a Finding Nemo tree and a Lion King tree - which aren't listed either.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's very cool that they are doing this as I used to love these trees and trying to figure out the theme of each one...the trees at Camp MinnieMickey were more on scale with your home tree - maybe 6-7 feet tall. I wonder if these will be bigger or not.

Again - anyone else thinking these are the trees (or at least the decorations) from the festival of trees that used to be up in Camp Minnie Mickey. Maybe not all of them - as I think they typically had more specific character trees there. I remember there being a Pluto tree very specifically. There was also a Finding Nemo tree and a Lion King tree - which aren't listed either.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's very cool that they are doing this as I used to love these trees and trying to figure out the theme of each one...the trees at Camp MinnieMickey were more on scale with your home tree - maybe 6-7 feet tall. I wonder if these will be bigger or not.
I don't remember those trees, but I'm sure some will probably be reused. Disney loves reusing things. I'm excited that I'll get to see it. I arrive January 2nd.

That's NOT a bounce-back promotion. However, when we were there last week there WAS a free dining Bounceback advert in the room. I can't remember the exact dates (I have the brochure at home I think) but it was like one week at the end of May/early June, then like August 15th through September 21st, then one week in November, and one week in December.

I assumed this was already known info - if someone would like me to get the exact dates - let me know.
I completely agree with your take here. To me he is closer to Jim Hill then he is to Martin. And he is EXTREMLY NEGATIVE. Reading his post about Disney, I sometimes think he works for Universal. He likes getting a rise out of people in my opinion, so I personally think anytime anything is talked about with Disney execs, no matter the level, that he knows might get a rise out of people he posts it.

I completely agree with your take here. To me he is closer to Jim Hill then he is to Martin. And he is EXTREMLY NEGATIVE. Reading his post about Disney, I sometimes think he works for Universal. He likes getting a rise out of people in my opinion, so I personally think anytime anything is talked about with Disney execs, no matter the level, that he knows might get a rise out of people he posts it.
True but I don't know if I would compare him to Jim Hill. Each "insider" is crazy/different in their own way.

True but I don't know if I would compare him to Jim Hill. Each "insider" is crazy/different in their own way.
my philosophy on his threads is:
i enjoy the first few pages because they are informative and entertaining but after that i duck out never to return, it becomes a little over the top for me

Last edited:

So while I think he is a pompous @$$ he has been pretty darn accurate. I will add he nailed the Shanghai lineup as well
I agree with the pompous part, I don't agree with the accurate part. He has been wrong a lot too. I have found martin the most accurate, as he waits a little longer to post inside info then others.

Honestly, I have learned life is so much better if you don't read Spirits post. I love insiders, but you honestly won't miss anything if you don't read his post. He is wrong a good bit, and things he says he tries to say so early that it changes a lot. But when you read his post, they are just attacks on Disney 99% of the time. You don't feel better by reading them. You don't get excited reading them. You just get depressed. And then you find out later that "plans have changed". Other insiders have been wrong too, but I don't get as depressed reading Martin or Wildcat or MansionButler or any of the others, even when they report bad news, as much as one does reading Spirit. And he uses it as a platform to give his opinion about the company all the time. He loves t he spot light, and that's why I don't respect him as an insider. The other insiders, they just enjoy Disney, and love telling about the stuff to come, even when it disappoints them. I have never seen Spirit excited about anything coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter