News Round Up 2016

I was thinking they would go with the Disney "Marvel" and Disney "Jedi". (Disney "Star Wars" didn't seem like a very good name.)
Disney "Jedi" and Disney "Sith" - running the same Bahamian itineraries and meeting up every night for a fireworks/laser/projection battle. And guests encouraged to hurl insults at each other during port adventures.

I haven't heard anything - but there's probably a 99% chance it stays in the "theater in the round" format. I say this because it's been like this for 45 years. I just don't see it becoming a "ride" - at least one with motion. I just don't think there is enough space available there. The original "Mission to Mars" had the same circular format in that same space. Also, while they haven't officially announced this yet - I would suspect they want something that wouldn't be a 2-3 year re-do of the ride.

And if I had to guess - and again understand this is ALL guesswork - it would have to do with Hero's Duty and the Cy-Bugs. My prediction would be that the audience is being shown a demonstration of the new immersive videogame version of Hero's Duty - when Ralph enters the game and things (as they are want to do on theme park rides) go horribly wrong - but in the end maybe Calhoun, Felix and Vanelope come in and fix everything. I think this because they won't want to use ACTUAL videogames or videogame characters that are referenced in the movie since that would involve paying someone for them. So of the 3 fake games (Wreck-It Ralph, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush) it's really the only 1 of the 3 that really works as an "in the round" theater. Sugar Rush might make a good simulator, but not in this format. @rteetz mention of dome projection makes a lot of sense - they could have a very "sense-around" system where the bugs are attacking. It would also somewhat keep with the theme of tomorrowland as in the "future of videogames" type storyline.

Just my 2 cents on what I would think they'll do.

I can totally see something like this!

Rumor

Well I think we are at the point that guardians is going somewhere its just not certain where. The Carousel of Progress Twitter account, which has proved to be somewhat credible with things going on lately and is responsible for the Tomorrowland name change rumor says that Guardians is going in RnRc...

Disney probably hasn't even decided yet!

My gut tells me there is a smattering of truth to all of these rumors.....

Per Spirit there will be a Marvel presence in DHS, I wonder if they are not blue skying multiple ride re-skins in that area to become a "marvel" theme area. So looking at a GotG for either RnRC or GotG. Plus maybe some Dr. Strange adds as well as other adds as well.

The part I don't get is Martin, stating Marvel presence will be in EPCOT. I get he states there is an EPCOT V.3 coming, and he seems somewhat excited for it, and it will be IP based....but I don't get the Marvel tie in, unless they are making FW or part of FW a Marvel land, and UoE will be first step.

My money's on Marvel going into Future World. In a strange way it sort of fits visually with all the iconic FW architecture, at least to me. FW could also absorb a decent amount of Marvel IP without being overwhelmed by it, or making it feel like a Marvel-themed park.

I haven't heard anything - but there's probably a 99% chance it stays in the "theater in the round" format. I say this because it's been like this for 45 years. I just don't see it becoming a "ride" - at least one with motion. I just don't think there is enough space available there. The original "Mission to Mars" had the same circular format in that same space. Also, while they haven't officially announced this yet - I would suspect they want something that wouldn't be a 2-3 year re-do of the ride.

And if I had to guess - and again understand this is ALL guesswork - it would have to do with Hero's Duty and the Cy-Bugs. My prediction would be that the audience is being shown a demonstration of the new immersive videogame version of Hero's Duty - when Ralph enters the game and things (as they are want to do on theme park rides) go horribly wrong - but in the end maybe Calhoun, Felix and Vanelope come in and fix everything. I think this because they won't want to use ACTUAL videogames or videogame characters that are referenced in the movie since that would involve paying someone for them. So of the 3 fake games (Wreck-It Ralph, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush) it's really the only 1 of the 3 that really works as an "in the round" theater. Sugar Rush might make a good simulator, but not in this format. @rteetz mention of dome projection makes a lot of sense - they could have a very "sense-around" system where the bugs are attacking. It would also somewhat keep with the theme of tomorrowland as in the "future of videogames" type storyline.

Would be faster/cheaper to use the existing bones of the thing as well. I think you're correct.

Rumor

Well I think we are at the point that guardians is going somewhere its just not certain where. The Carousel of Progress Twitter account, which has proved to be somewhat credible with things going on lately and is responsible for the Tomorrowland name change rumor says that Guardians is going in RnRc...

Well, if they wanted to build a GotG roller coaster on the Ellen site, but found the costs too prohibitive...this could be a sort of "compromise" on that plan. I have no issue with it. I prefer this to ToT getting re-themed.

Well, if they wanted to build a GotG roller coaster on the Ellen site, but found the costs too prohibitive...this could be a sort of "compromise" on that plan. I have no issue with it. I prefer this to ToT getting re-themed.

Yeah and it kinda makes sense. But I was thinking last night, what about the rights to the pop songs in the movies? I can't imagine it would be a better deal to pay royalties for those songs vs a blanket deal with Aerosmith but I have no idea. I guess it would depend on ASCAP and BMI.

Everything I have seen points to Sugar Rush. Thought Martin himself said that.

Yeah and it kinda makes sense. But I was thinking last night, what about the rights to the pop songs in the movies? I can't imagine it would be a better deal to pay royalties for those songs vs a blanket deal with Aerosmith but I have no idea. I guess it would depend on ASCAP and BMI.

Perhaps, if they were forward-thinking enough, the rights deal they did to use the songs in the films also covered other uses - such as in a theme park attraction.

If Dr. Strange takes off, I could potentially see them looking at ToT as a ride. It would match relatively well...

Also, didn't RnRc refurb just get pushed back or something? Maybe GotG has something to do with that, although I'd think they'd want to announce it.

If Dr. Strange takes off, I could potentially see them looking at ToT as a ride. It would match relatively well...

Also, didn't RnRc refurb just get pushed back or something? Maybe GotG has something to do with that, although I'd think they'd want to announce it.
RnRC refurb is still as scheduled nothing pushed back as of now.

The cover of the winter issue of D23 magazine includes Jyn Erso and the Death Star from the upcoming Star Wars anthology movie series Rouge One.

Other articles include:

• An exploration of the new book Maps of the Disney Parks, which highlights stunning works of art that have gone into park cartography over the years
  • The reunion of Newsies original Broadway cast members for a new filmed version of the hit musical
  • Famous Disney characters from around the world that you (may) have never met
  • The storytelling and artistry of Marvel’s Enchanted Tiki Room comic books
  • A celebration of 60 years of the delightful Daisy Duck
  • Regular features including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter