News Round Up 2016

Nice summary! Nice job!

One thing that kind of bugs me (and others) about WDW at Christmas is that each park decorates their entrances, and then that's sort of it. With removal of Osborne Lights and Jingle Jangle Jungle Parade, it's gotten even worse once you pass the entrances. (Epcot is OK with the holidays around the world.) But the one I've always been most annoyed by is MK. I only point this out because every time you look at the extensive decorations in Disneyland it makes MK look under-decorated. Especially considering the amount of income MK makes with their hard ticket holiday parties, you would think they could do a little more throughout the park.

OK - whining done.

Nice summary! Nice job!

One thing that kind of bugs me (and others) about WDW at Christmas is that each park decorates their entrances, and then that's sort of it. With removal of Osborne Lights and Jingle Jangle Jungle Parade, it's gotten even worse once you pass the entrances. (Epcot is OK with the holidays around the world.) But the one I've always been most annoyed by is MK. I only point this out because every time you look at the extensive decorations in Disneyland it makes MK look under-decorated. Especially considering the amount of income MK makes with their hard ticket holiday parties, you would think they could do a little more throughout the park.

OK - whining done.
Thanks!

And I agree. They decorate Main Street and then the rest of the park is nearly undecorated. You have Jingle Cruise and a couple decorations in New Fantasyland but Disneyland really goes all out.

But the one I've always been most annoyed by is MK. I only point this out because every time you look at the extensive decorations in Disneyland it makes MK look under-decorated. Especially considering the amount of income MK makes with their hard ticket holiday parties, you would think they could do a little more throughout the park.

OK - whining done.

IMHO that's true about many things when comparing MK to DL. Look at all the different holiday overlays that DL does and the MK gets zip. Even the one we had at Country Bears was removed a few years ago. I remember that the Comteporary Tower used to replace the white light bulbs on the support beams with green and red.

I didn't see this posted yet. WDW News Today is confirming that the castle at Hong Kong Disneyland will be replaced along with a new marvel themed area and an attraction based on "Frozen".

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/confi...-frozen-marvel-themed-lands-w-original-rides/
I started a thread on it. Also Moana is being added to the park. Long project from 2018-2023. 1.4 billion dollars.

Also their "castle" rumor is only half true. Hong Kong isn't being replaced but being renovated or built onto. The sleeping beauty castle is still in the artwork shown.

Nice summary! Nice job!

OK - whining done.
Disneyland has a base more represented by AP holders. So the idea of decorating is going to draw those people in more. Disneyland would need these decorations more to draw attendance up, where Disney World does not need this to be done to draw people in. While it may seem bad to the hardcore fans, it just doesn't adjust the bottom line at all, and in fact, decorating at Christmas in Disney world would actually only lead to more cuts and price increases. They really have little reason to do it, and have incentive not to do it.

So if you really wanted more decorations, you have to ask if it is worth a price increase on top of what is already done.

OK - whining done.

Fully agree - especially about MK, and especially when you compare it to what they do out west in Disneyland where the entire park gets attention. Same thing with Halloween ... really doesn't extend much beyond Main St.

It's a good idea in that you can be screened in the idle time while you wait for the transport. Of course there will always be that person that just misses the transport in the middle of screening, that will be the squeaky wheel in this scenario.

IMHO that's true about many things when comparing MK to DL. Look at all the different holiday overlays that DL does and the MK gets zip. Even the one we had at Country Bears was removed a few years ago. I remember that the Comteporary Tower used to replace the white light bulbs on the support beams with green and red.

Well, they do the Jingle Cruise ... which in some ways makes it standout even more as there is this one random holiday thing so it isn't even like they want to keep the integrity of the theming 100%

Well - I understand about the overlays. WDW doesn't want to take rides down for 4-5 weeks twice a year to do these overlays like at Haunted Mansion and Small World as they cater primarily to tourists versus locals at DL. However, I think decorating more of the park could be done easy enough.

Disneyland has a base more represented by AP holders. So the idea of decorating is going to draw those people in more. Disneyland would need these decorations more to draw attendance up, where Disney World does not need this to be done to draw people in. While it may seem bad to the hardcore fans, it just doesn't adjust the bottom line at all, and in fact, decorating at Christmas in Disney world would actually only lead to more cuts and price increases. They really have little reason to do it, and have incentive not to do it.

So if you really wanted more decorations, you have to ask if it is worth a price increase on top of what is already done.

Can't disagree with you - but ticket prices aren't significantly different between the two coasts - and as I said WDW has all the extra income from the Christmas party - so it's not really that they can't afford to - it's that they don't want to. As you said, they really don't have any reason to since it's not keeping anyone away.

There would be a separate screening for the as well.

What a mess. That is gonna cost a lot of money too to have security stationed at all the boat piers. I wonder if they will require multiple security personal at each station plus all the equipment as well.

I started a thread on it. Also Moana is being added to the park. Long project from 2018-2023. 1.4 billion dollars.

Also their "castle" rumor is only half true. Hong Kong isn't being replaced but being renovated or built onto. The sleeping beauty castle is still in the artwork shown.
Missed it, sorry.

What a mess. That is gonna cost a lot of money too to have security stationed at all the boat piers. I wonder if they will require multiple security personal at each station plus all the equipment as well.

I don't really think so. It would certainly cost Disney more, but they would do the security check as people approach the boat dock. So most people would have security done during the time you would be waiting for the boat to show up anyways. The people that would get stuck would be anyone running for the boat as it's getting ready to leave. You would just have to wait until the next boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter