News Round Up 2016

News

Several Easter eggs are in Moana. Personally I only saw one of these. Anyone else spot any?

http://www.businessinsider.com/east...ne-with-an-awesome-mad-max-fury-road-homage-5

I caught 2 more. First was Baby Moana walking behind the turtle early on. She's holding a leaf over it. I *think* there was a photo of Stitch doing that at the end of Lilo and Stitch. I know there's at least artwork of it. The second is when Moana's home island goes into bloom - the first flower looked like the flower from Tangled.

Last edited:
MINOR SPOILERS - VERY MINORS.
I caught 2 more. First was Baby Moana walking behind the turtle early on. She's holding a leaf over it. I *think* there was a photo of Stitch doing that at the end of Lilo and Stitch. I know there's at least artwork of it. The second is when Moana's home island goes into bloom - the first flower looked like the flower from Tangled.
We do have a spoiler feature on this forum for this purpose.

I didn't catch the lil and stitch part either.

Well clearly the people are hungry!!!! LOL
Just imagine the feedback they must have been receiving for them to start staffing random food carts. "The parking lots lack food options."

We always take the bus. All we get is Pizza! Them parking lot people get a choice? Who do I write? Who do I call? Talk about ruining our trip! pirate: Arghh!

News

While not Disney it is theme park related. Gaitlinburg, Tennessee is under massive wild fires right now, this is very close to Dollywood. That theme park resort has been evacuated as fires near.

News

While not Disney it is theme park related. Gaitlinburg, Tennessee is under massive wild fires right now, this is very close to Dollywood. That theme park resort has been evacuated as fires near.
yeah this is the worst drought we ve had since i moved to Tennessee 23 years ago
two weeks ago there was visible smoke in the hallways where i work

Hmmm....I want to say this one seems like slightly less of a rip-off than many of there latest upcharge events. $150 (+ tax and gratuity) is expensive, but you get food at 3 different resorts, part of which is a full meal at Citricos, and then a private balcony for the fireworks. Probably the whole event would last in the 3 hour or so range. I don't think I would pay for it, but the food alone probably is worth around $100. Also includes Valet parking which is maybe $20 value. Seems like it would be a fun high-end date night for a couple to do.

The only potential issue I see is being crammed on a packed monorail in between pieces of the event whereas all the other pieces would seem much more elegant. I wonder if they would hold a car of the monorail specifically for the people attending so that you could actually sit down without a stroller jammed in your face.

mmm....I want to say this one seems like slightly less of a rip-off than many of there latest upcharge events. $150 (+ tax and gratuity) is expensive

The only potential issue I see is being crammed on a packed monorail in between pieces of the event whereas all the other pieces would seem much more elegant. I wonder if they would hold a car of the monorail specifically for the people attending so that you could actually sit down without a stroller jammed in your face.
According to the Disney website, gratuity is included in that $150 but tax isn't. Depending upon what drinks and portion sizes are used, this could be a decent deal, and as you said, a really cool date night. Sadly, we have a 2 year old and aren't going with grandparents this next trip, otherwise I think we'd try.

It does state the following, "The new Highway in the Sky Dine-Around gives guests priority boarding on the monorail," which I read as, "we're holding a car for you."

According to the Disney website, gratuity is included in that $150 but tax isn't. Depending upon what drinks and portion sizes are used, this could be a decent deal, and as you said, a really cool date night. Sadly, we have a 2 year old and aren't going with grandparents this next trip, otherwise I think we'd try.

It does state the following, "The new Highway in the Sky Dine-Around gives guests priority boarding on the monorail," which I read as, "we're holding a car for you."

I don't know if I would read it as "we're holding a car for you". It's probably more to the effect of, "you guys get to go on first."

The blog post said "plus tax and gratuity" but it would make sense to include it due to the odd structure of the event. The actually increases the value as well.

The first round was a big hit - but I think they blew it with the 2.0 when they (A) made you rebuy the base for $80 and (B) made almost the entire game about Marvel.

I apologize for going back to this, and the rumor forum probably doesn't seem like the best place to mention this, but seeing as how the game is dead and there is talk as to how or why, I felt inclined to add my perspective.

I also bought all three versions, after initially not having any interest in the game. But my daughter, who was 4 at the time, saw it and seemed interested. And it seemed like something we could do together. So I picked up the base game, Elsa & Jack (NMBC), and fired it up with her. For the most part, we had a decent amount of fun, but the primary limitation was that neither Elsa nor Jack could participate in any of the story modes. So I bought a few of the Cars, Sully & Mike, and some Toy Story characters and we started the main adventure mode. But really, all she ever wanted to do was just play as Elsa in the world hub. So, we spent hours there as she ran in circles, froze me, and giggled.

Fast forward a few years. I not only bought all three games, I bought every character, all the power discs, etc... It was *expensive*. But she enjoyed playing, and I slowly amassed a collection of female characters that she enjoyed playing as.

Ultimately though, that same problem kept rearing it's head. In a game that is all about having characters from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars all in the same place, it had a horrible habit of forcing you to only pick "compatible" characters to play any of the actual story content. As someone with no time, or desire really, to create my own toy worlds, the story mode was the main bread and butter for me & the kids.

By segregating characters from each other in the main missions, they totally missed out on the primary potential the game had.

Using Lego Dimensions, another Toys-to-Life product, you can see everything Disney did wrong. Infinity felt like a collection of stand alone games that sat within a larger world. Dimensions feels like a singular game with tons of places to explore.

In Dimensions, any characters can be used at any time. This leads to often funny dialogue and situations, such as Batman meeting the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz and assuming he needs to arrest him as he must be the same Scarecrow from Gotham. Or Lego Batman meeting DC Batman. Or Batman doing just about anything really ;)

Now my daughter is a bit older and she is currently all about Harley Quinn, and she can be Harley Quinn in any level at any time. Adventure Time, Harry Potter, Simpsons, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc etc etc etc. She can bonk characters with her over sized mallet anywhere she wants.

It's my hope that with Disney pulling out of the video game space, and Lego having the rights to all the same Disney IP's that used to be in Infinity, that we see Disney characters and worlds begin to show up in Lego Dimensions eventually. Then, finally, I could explore any Disney world with any Disney (or whoever else for that matter) characters. What happens with Sloth from the Goonies and Gizmo the Mogwai show up in Halloween Land? So many great things, that's what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter