• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

I know some people are interested in the Disney stock performance and saw that Evercore ISI upgraded them to Buy and the stock is up 2% today and ~14% in the past few months

A lot of chatter about them exploring acquiring Netflix and how that would help them with ESPN and also a successor to Iger.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Hot+Upgrades/Evercore+ISI+Upgrades+Walt+Disney+(DIS)+to+Buy/12383408.html

Analyst Actions: Walt Disney Company Adds Nearly 2% After Evercore ISI Upgrades to Buy Vs Hold, PT Raised to $120 from $103

Bought some about a month or so ago. Up over6%. However what goes up can come down.

Probably will go down until they figure out ESPN to be honest. It's what's kept me from buying any stock in the first place.

Disney stock will likely have a flat/down year based on the reasonable articles written about it.

They won't absolutely dominate the box office like they did this year in a down year for all the other studios...espn is still going to leak more and more oil...

And let's face it: the economic policies being rolled out in los Estados unidos haven't, don't and won't work...the slide is a coming

Probably will go down until they figure out ESPN to be honest. It's what's kept me from buying any stock in the first place.

I don't disagree. It was at a relative low point and I bought for long term. Also a modest investment so I'm not betting the farm.

Besides I bought it for all of the perks Disney provides to shareholders.

True but I didn't expect 140 minute waits for Space Mountain and 40 minutes for small world.

That's what's been going on.

I can only assume 85% of the MK visitors are first timers.

There is absolutely no justification to tolerate that level of crowds in the magic kingdom...they have not prepared for it and the experience is gone.

And it shows you of just how disinterested people are at the other parks...two of which limited due to heavy construction.

That's what's been going on.

I can only assume 85% of the MK visitors are first timers.

There is absolutely no justification to tolerate that level of crowds in the magic kingdom...they have not prepared for it and the experience is gone.

And it shows you of just how disinterested people are at the other parks...two of which limited due to heavy construction.
I'd argue only one is limited. AK only lost some meet and greets and the construction is off to the side not in your way. As for DHS you have 25 acres of land under construction.

I don't disagree. It was at a relative low point and I bought for long term. Also a modest investment so I'm not betting the farm.

Besides I bought it for all of the perks Disney provides to shareholders.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the perks? I don't remember hearing about any (though to be fair it's not something I've sought out too hard).

Were they posted 70+ but actually a shorter wait, or are you saying the actual wait was 70+. Either way, bless your heart young man.

Is it b/c they are ride rationing b/c the holidays are over (less cars on the tracks, less employees, a side closed, etc?)
Rockin Rollercoaster was 70 posted but ended up being 90.

Space was about 60-70 posted at 80.

Splash was posted 70 but now have been waiting 80-90.

Not much I can do. I'm in a group of 12 so I don't have a lot of say. 9 of the 12 leave Saturday so I'll have three days where I can do what I want.

I don't think it's ride rationing. I think crowds are overlapping. You have people ending their holiday vacations yesterday and today. Then you have marathon runners arriving today and tomorrow.

Is it b/c they are ride rationing b/c the holidays are over (less cars on the tracks, less employees, a side closed, etc?)

Not sure about today, but we were at EPCOT on a low crowd day in December and they were only running 2 of the 3 theaters on SOARIN. Also the one we rode only had 2 of the 3 rows in use.

That actually irritated me. We intentionally go when it's slow to avoid crowds/waits and they make me wait anyway? That is the type of thing that will make me spend my money elsewhere. It really hit a nerve.

Not sure about today, but we were at EPCOT on a low crowd day in December and they were only running 2 of the 3 theaters on SOARIN. Also the one we rode only had 2 of the 3 rows in use.

That actually irritated me. We intentionally go when it's slow to avoid crowds/waits and they make me wait anyway? That is the type of thing that will make me spend my money elsewhere. It really hit a nerve.

That's to save minimum wage employee costs...you simply aren't paying enough

Rockin Rollercoaster was 70 posted but ended up being 90.

Space was about 60-70 posted at 80.

Splash was posted 70 but now have been waiting 80-90.

Not much I can do. I'm in a group of 12 so I don't have a lot of say. 9 of the 12 leave Saturday so I'll have three days where I can do what I want.

I don't think it's ride rationing. I think crowds are overlapping. You have people ending their holiday vacations yesterday and today. Then you have marathon runners arriving today and tomorrow.

Well, it could also be this is the 1st day all those Floridian passholders with the weekday/silver/gold pass can see the decorations after Xmas (it's been 2 1/2 weeks since they could even be in the parks). So, you're fighting late holiday people, early runners, and 1/2 of Florida who know they only have 4 days they can do this...

Well, it could also be this is the 1st day all those Floridian passholders with the weekday pass can see the decorations after Xmas (it's been 2 1/2 weeks since they could even be in the parks). So, you're fighting late holiday people, early runners, and 1/2 of Florida who know they only have 4 days they can do this...
Yes that as well.

Well, it could also be this is the 1st day all those Floridian passholders with the weekday/silver/gold pass can see the decorations after Xmas (it's been 2 1/2 weeks since they could even be in the parks). So, you're fighting late holiday people, early runners, and 1/2 of Florida who know they only have 4 days they can do this...

Aren't a lot of decorations already down? I remember reading the EPCOT tree is already down. Maybe the Magic Kingdom stuff is still up?

It's probably more crowded that Xmas to New Year with less employees running everything. Probably not a recipe for optimal park touring...
I've gone this week the last two years and never experienced this. However I've never come to WDW for marathon weekend this early. I usually arrive tonight or tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter