News Round Up 2017

I'm just nothing buy cynical lately but I read the statement about the merch being available for that day only and had to laugh. What are they going to do, burn all the stuff that doesn't get sold? I don't think so.

well, I assume more that they are available that day and once sold out they are gone ... but yeah, not like they will refuse to see you anything leftover the next day

I thought they left it open ended and just said it would be open before the 50th anniversary. My money is on Memorial Day 2020. That’s roughly 2.5 years away and sounds reasonable since they have to build the attraction and expand the land.

I could see that - you have Toy Story Land Memorial Day of 2018 (nothing official, but I think likely around then), have Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge around then in 2019, with the DHS version by the end of the year 2019, then this Memorial Day 2020 and then can have Guardians in Memorial Day 2021. And the Mickey ride in 2019 as well

I thought they left it open ended and just said it would be open before the 50th anniversary. My money is on Memorial Day 2020. That’s roughly 2.5 years away and sounds reasonable since they have to build the attraction and expand the land.
I believe the article stated "by October 2021"?

I was at the Parks & Resorts Presentation where Bob Chapek announced everything coming by the 50th Anniversary. The only announcements that were given that had a time-table on it was the 7th Disney Ship making a ship coming out in 2021, 2022, and 2023, and some of the Disneyland announcements had a time-table on them as well. All of the announcements for WDW were given a time-table of by the 50th Anniversary I believe. There was no time-table for any specific date for everything coming to WDW. The announcement of the Ratatouille attraction starting construction I think is a sign that it will be done well before 2021. Disney isn't going to put a specific date on it until they know when they will have it open. This is sign that they have learned from the Rivers of Light opening date problem.

apparently in a surprise "drop" - new Bambi Dooney and Bouke's released to celebrate the movies 75th anniersary:

http://www.disneyfashionista.com/new-bambi-dooney-bourke-bags-bambis-75th-anniversary/

https://www.disneystore.com/dooney-bourke/mn/1000812/?CMP=AFL-AffLSGen&att=LSGenAffl&LSID=7702568|10802924|

The satchel is pretty darn cute
Screenshot_20170922-062426-500x433.jpg

I could see that - you have Toy Story Land Memorial Day of 2018 (nothing official, but I think likely around then), have Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge around then in 2019, with the DHS version by the end of the year 2019, then this Memorial Day 2020 and then can have Guardians in Memorial Day 2021. And the Mickey ride in 2019 as well
Tron in early to mid 2021 as well. The Main Street Theater should be before 2021. Skyliner by SW:GE opening. Everything is being planned in and around the 50th anniversary. All of these additions will be sold in marketing as reasons to visit in 2021 for the most part.

Tron in early to mid 2021 as well. The Main Street Theater should be before 2021. Skyliner by SW:GE opening. Everything is being planned in and around the 50th anniversary. All of these additions will be sold in marketing as reasons to visit in 2021 for the most part.

oh yeah, definitely ... was just trying to think of what could be earlier as they need reasons for people to come in 2018 (Toy Story) and 2020 as well ... but yeah, 2021 is going to be awesome (and, I suspect, just a tiny bit crowded)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter