• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
especially considering it was for something that was never built (and, in all reality, was never going to be built - especially after Walt's passing)
Its amazing to think what this would look like today if Walt had lived and/or this had been built. I am sure it wouldn't look like the model totally but I bet many aspects would have made it.

Its amazing to think what this would look like today if Walt had lived and/or this had been built. I am sure it wouldn't look like the model totally but I bet many aspects would have made it.

That is such a "what if?" - I know Micheal addressed it on the latest Connecting with Walt. I still think even if Walt survived EPCOT that was built would be different than his original vision (and all his project evolved over time so I don't think that is a slight or anything) - "The Florida Project" definitely would be different than what we have today though!

That is such a "what if?" - I know Micheal addressed it on the latest Connecting with Walt. I still think even if Walt survived EPCOT that was built would be different than his original vision (and all his project evolved over time so I don't think that is a slight or anything) - "The Florida Project" definitely would be different than what we have today though!
Oh definitely. WDW would be very different today even if Walt lived another year or two. Oh well I like what we got ;)

It really would be interesting to see how different things might be if Walt lived into his 90's.

Is anyone excited for Maleficent 2? I feel that this is "Alice Through the Looking Glass" redux, where Disney had a "hit" film that was very poorly reviewed despite making a ton of money. Then it took forever to make a sequel nobody asked for too long after the original came out.

I'm really surprised they're pushing forward with this film.

Is anyone excited for Maleficent 2? I feel that this is "Alice Through the Looking Glass" redux, where Disney had a "hit" film that was very poorly reviewed despite making a ton of money. Then it took forever to make a sequel nobody asked for too long after the original came out.

Here we have Dory questioning the viability of a sequel? :duck:

News

Talking Mickey is leaving the Town Square theater come May 2018. This is a cost saving move and non talking Mickey will replace him.
That is really sad and disappointing!!! It was a unique and magical character experience. They should be adding this technology to other character greetings and not removing it but it has become more apparent that Disney is focusing more and more on cost saving/revenue streams than the actual guest experience.

This is what I imagine too. I know people are skeptical but this isn't brand new, these vehicles operate all over the world.

I knew this was true, but decided to find out exactly how true.

According to Doppelmayr's website (the manufacturer), they have 14,800 ropeways operating in 92 countries across the globe. It seems like they have plenty of experience in all aspects of these systems. It's unlikely that Doppelmayr encountered anything unique with the Disney bid.

Source: https://www.doppelmayr.com/en/the-group/facts-and-figures/

As for ECV/wheelchair accessibility, the site says their detachable gondola systems (which is what Disney is getting) are compliant to EU Directives (CEN). As I understand it, those EU Directives include standards for accessibility similar to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Source (pdf): https://www.doppelmayr.com/uploads/tx_vcs/Gondelbahnen2013_ENG-Doppelmayr.pdf

Well, I and others in my family who saw the first one really liked it... but have no idea what the sequel will be... history doesn't reflect kindly to many sequels

Pretty sure Bob Iger only read your post as "blah, blah, blah ... MAKING A TON OF MONEY ... blah, blah, blah"

It killed over seas ($517+ million).

Get used to studios making films for mainly the overseas market (see The Mummy (2017) as a reference).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter