News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely right in that it is interesting. I view it as so long as the resort infrastructures are in place, you can manipulate packages/pricing to drive occupancy (a singular data point on a marketing/balance sheet).

Agreed.

MM+ can really help manipulate package offerings.

Diminished personal budgets or even cautious budgeters might spring for Packages that include additional FP+ for certain stays, esp if discounted.

A deluxe stay could offer 10 (or more) scheduled FP+ per day, and in more than one park per day.

Some packages could include additional FP+ for FoP, 7DMT, Slink and Star Wars etc.

Those cost WDW Zero dollars.

Dining packages, shopping packages and room packages, will cost them money, but can still bring in more profits during slow times.

However, I do think a fairly major downturn could indeed tap some brakes on certain projects.

Crossing fingers it doesn't happen, and it least its all done before that happens.

Agreed.

MM+ can really help manipulate package offerings.

Diminished personal budgets or even cautious budgeters might spring for Packages that include additional FP+ for certain stays, esp if discounted.

A deluxe stay could offer 10 (or more) scheduled FP+ per day, and in more than one park per day.

Some packages could include additional FP+ for FoP, 7DMT, Slink and Star Wars etc.

Those cost WDW Zero dollars.

Dining packages, shopping packages and room packages, will cost them money, but can still bring in more profits during slow times.

However, I do think a fairly major downturn could indeed tap some brakes on certain projects.

Crossing fingers it doesn't happen, and it least its all done before that happens.
Agreed. No way a company sets out on massive capex just to avoid looking like they aren't bullish enough on the economy. Seems like they're striking while the iron is hot. They have levers to affect occupancy in a downturn, as we've seen. If a massive one were to hit sooner, I could certainly see projects not yet significantly in process being put on hold or cancelled.

Contrast that against an attractions building. Those structures are all custom-built. It may use technology that is brand new. In Florida, there are (reported) only a small number of sub-contractors that can build these types of structures. And those contractors are also in demand by Universal, Sea World, and occasionally other places like Kennedy Space Center, Legoland, and Busch Gardens.

This is very true. My Dad was an Orlando-based sub-contractor that specialized in artistic drywall and acoustical ceilings (he built Catastrophe Canyon, Atlantic Dance and a couple of other areas of Boardwalk, Tower of Terror, parts of Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge - he also won a big national award for Men in Black at Universal - as well as other buildings in Orlando like City Hall, the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center and the Amway Arena where the Magic play), and he had no lack of business scheduled out for YEARS in advance. On top of that, in construction areas like his, finding the workforce that is capable of executing these specialized projects is already very, very hard.

This is very true. My Dad was an Orlando-based sub-contractor that specialized in artistic drywall and acoustical ceilings (he built Catastrophe Canyon, Atlantic Dance and a couple of other areas of Boardwalk, Tower of Terror, parts of Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge - he also won a big national award for Men in Black at Universal - as well as other buildings in Orlando like City Hall, the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center and the Amway Arena where the Magic play), and he had no lack of business scheduled out for YEARS in advance. On top of that, in construction areas like his, finding the workforce that is capable of executing these specialized projects is already very, very hard.

Your dad has an awesome job!

Still, it's frustrating that one ride can take 5 years while Harry Potter -the first part (not sure of name) took less than 3 for whole thing? But, it is what it is.

Your dad has an awesome job!

Still, it's frustrating that one ride can take 5 years while Harry Potter -the first part (not sure of name) took less than 3 for whole thing? But, it is what it is.
Pandora only took 3 years to build from when they actually broke ground. Star Wars is taking about the same amount of time between ground breaking and opening.

Hmm. I hope they end up a bit cuter than that. Otherwise I’ll just stick to the Porgs I’ve already adopted at stores ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter