Toy Story Land:
- SDD: 75 mins
- AS2: 45 mins
- TSM: 60min

really not bad for a new land, a holiday week

Meanwhile, in Pandora:
- FoP: 115 min
- NRJ: 70min

still, not bad at all for July 4th but FoP definitely retaining the wait times - surprised NRJ is as long as it is

For comparison, so other wait times:

- Frozen Ever After: 45min
- Test Track: 60mins
- Soarin: 40mins
- Space Mtn: 105mins
- Buzz: 70mins
- BTMRR: 80 mins
- Splash Mtn: 95 mins
- RnRC: 90mins
- ToT: 95mins (interesting these two have a longer wait than SDD)

I don't know what the actual capacity for SDD actually is, but it's really surprising to me how quickly they get that thing loaded and unloaded. In one of the DisUnleashed videos they were trying to talk in front of SDD and it seemed like every 30-45 seconds a new car was going by them. For a rollercoaster, the efficiency on that thing is pretty amazing.

Someone posted this on twitter that I thought was interesting and made sense.

https://twitter.com/_kimhanley/status/1014192362585718790?s=21

“Observation:

#ToyStoryLand⁠ ⁠ is something everybody wants to do on their DHS day but isn’t enough to make you want to make a special DHS day.

Pandora was “we need to go to DAK and do Pandora”

TSL is “when we go to DHS we need to do TSL”

that probably sounds like hairsplitting”

So basically TSL isn’t a draw to go to DHS like Pandora is. It’s rather something to do while you were already planning going there.

I'm really surprised at the low wait times already.

But it does make sense as laid out above.

We are planning on hitting up TSL Saturday night and possibly Sunday morning before heading to MK.

If we didn't have AP's, though, we wouldn't make a special trip for it.

Pandora pushed us over the edge in deciding to get the AP's. So there is a difference, at least to us.

So just checked wait times out of curiosity and you have

Toy Story Land:

- RnRC: 90mins
- ToT: 95mins (interesting these two have a longer wait than SDD)

Wow .. longer wait times for decade olds attractions only 4 days after TSL opened?
TSM wait time of only 60 minutes is odd too ..

So .. is this the "Toy Story Land just opened and I am going to avoid it" or is this truly little interest in Toy Story Land unless you have little kids?

Wow .. longer wait times for decade olds attractions only 4 days after TSL opened?

So .. is this the "Toy Story Land just opened and I am going to avoid it" or is this truly little interest in Toy Story Land unless you have little kids?

not sure - I find it very interesting though

Must also have something to do with the tiering - as that is a change for the park as well, though I can't exactly figure out why that would be the impact

I'm really surprised at the low wait times already.

But it does make sense as laid out above.

We are planning on hitting up TSL Saturday night and possibly Sunday morning before heading to MK.

If we didn't have AP's, though, we wouldn't make a special trip for it.

Pandora pushed us over the edge in deciding to get the AP's. So there is a difference, at least to us.
Yeah I’m not making a special trip for TSL.

I do have an AP but I’m waiting to see it during the wine and dine half marathon weekend so I’m not going specifically for TSL.

With Pandora I got lucky and went right after it opened but that was mainly to go to the Dis 20 event.

I think it may be that SDD and AS2 just move people a lot faster than RnRC and ToT. ToT sometimes shuts down one tower and RnRC is still a 90's Vekoma coaster.

I think interest is there but people aren’t making special trips for it.

Oh. Yes. Could be avoiding new park.... Maybe those who really wanted the madness came on opening day and others want to avoid what they saw advertised then? Or the tier thing? I love the idea of getting TOT and RR for my teens on the same day. Whatever the reason, I hope waits/crowds are reasonable when we visit in December lol. Well relative to the other crazy holiday crowds.

I think heat in Toy Story is affecting the lines there a lot. People were willing to go the first day and deal with it, but that airflow is atrocious and I don't see most people being able to handle it for too long.

I think heat in Toy Story is affecting the lines there a lot. People were willing to go the first day and deal with it, but that airflow is atrocious and I don't see most people being able to handle it for too long.
That could be .. so TSM is the only ride that has an indoor queue? So how long of a line does it need to be before you are not in shade for the two new rides?
I gues that combined with "ehh . .it is just a steel coaster" probably gets them to wait until later.

I see now that SDD is closed (based on the MDE app)

not sure - I find it very interesting though

Must also have something to do with the tiering - as that is a change for the park as well, though I can't exactly figure out why that would be the impact

I bet it's the new teiring. We're going the end of the month and we have SDD, ToT, and RRC. I would imagine there is more people using RRC fastpasses now that it is not with Toy Story.

So just checked wait times out of curiosity and you have

Toy Story Land:

really not bad for a new land, a holiday week

Here's a supposition. The lines aren't that bad because of the limited amount of shading. People want to ride, but aren't willing to stand two hours in the sun for it. Would be interesting to look at it across the whole day. Are lines longer in the morning and evening?
In the end it does sort of make sense that the demand won't be as high here - it is much more oriented towards kids than most of WDW is.

I bet it's the new teiring. We're going the end of the month and we have SDD, ToT, and RRC. I would imagine there is more people using RRC fastpasses now that it is not with Toy Story.

That's probably happening too. You have both people that have no interest in TSL at all, and people interested in it that are using there other two FP+ on RnRC.

I’ve heard it’s only around 1000.

It seemed to take about a minute per load (at least for the times I rode it), so that would be right around there. Maybe a little higher on average.

Got to love the APs, Sometimes I just enter a Park for a character meet and greet. Like good old Scrooge McDuck and dont even ride a ride. Its nice to be able to just go to WDW and just go where the magic takes you. Also it helps feed my wifes shopping addictions with the discounts.
This is my wife and I also. We get annual passes about every other year and go 3-4 times during that period for a couple weeks each trip (we live in AZ). Being there that long,we really don't plan anything, just do what we feel like that morning. We make some fast pass reservations, but usually cancel about half of them because we decide to do something different. Many a day, we couldn't decide what we wanted to do, so we take the first bus that shows up that we can get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter