This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our window opened yesterday and it took us almost an hour to even get anything to show up so that we could book it. Luckily, everyone else must have been experiencing the same difficulties because we were able to get what we wanted. In the moment, though, we were pretty worried that we were missing out!
When that happened to me last year just called and was able to book everything over the phone exactly as I wanted I think it worked great that the system was down lol!

Last edited:
Interesting. I never saw Hook so wouldn’t know that.

Watching it again as a grown-up, I didn't think it was a very good movie. It also seemed to kind of miss the point, in that Peter's original refusal to grow up isn't necessarily a good thing. To avoid doing so is to avoid reality. Turning him into a middle-age jerk just makes it easy to frame an adventure of being a kid again.

I'd recommend the Peter Pan from 2003. It's interesting and seemingly more in the spirit of the original work. Here's a good article on it. https://film.avclub.com/the-best-peter-pan-film-is-the-one-you-ve-forgotten-abo-1798285126

And given that I'm surely drawing the ire of many already, I'll just say I also never liked Hocus Pocus. :duck:

Watching it again as a grown-up, I didn't think it was a very good movie. It also seemed to kind of miss the point, in that Peter's original refusal to grow up isn't necessarily a good thing. To avoid doing so is to avoid reality. Turning him into a middle-age jerk just makes it easy to frame an adventure of being a kid again.

I'd recommend the Peter Pan from 2003. It's interesting and seemingly more in the spirit of the original work. Here's a good article on it. https://film.avclub.com/the-best-peter-pan-film-is-the-one-you-ve-forgotten-abo-1798285126

And given that I'm surely drawing the ire of many already, I'll just say I also never liked Hocus Pocus. :duck:

You won't get it from me, at least. The only thing I liked about Hook was the soundtrack. And I've never seen Hocus Pocus. I still hadn't forgiven Bette Midler for Beaches, which I also thought was awful. :duck:

Seems like a "foodie" version of Chick Fil-A. (Nothing wrong with that, Disney Springs needs more "quick service" options probably).

I'll try it! .. though when on vacation and have limited time, I am more inclined to hit the unique Table Service restaurants there.

I still wish Disney Springs was actually nearby and attached to at least one of the theme parks, like CityWalk.

You won't get it from me, at least. The only thing I liked about Hook was the soundtrack. And I've never seen Hocus Pocus. I still hadn't forgiven Bette Midler for Beaches, which I also thought was awful. :duck:

The version you posted is actually my favorite Peter Pan, I still have the movie poster.

In fact, the only versions of Peter Pan that I think do it justice are the Mary Martin play (and that is probably only because I had it on repeat as a kid), Hook and the above mentioned Peter Pan. I love the story but have rarely found an interpretation I like. I don't even like the Disney movie.

I did see Hook as I 'we must grow up, but that doesn't mean we should forget what it was like to play and be a kid' lesson.

Avoiding reality and refusing to conform to reality is not the same thing. You have to be an adult, but you don't have to be a grown up. Children are innocent, but also naïve. You can lose your naivety without losing all of the other wonderful attributes children have.

"All grownups are pirates." -Rufioooooooo

I saw a preview before Incredibles 2 and all I could think was they took the script from Hook and replaced Peter Pan with Christopher Robin.

My mom said the same thing about Hook and Christopher Robin. I also haven't and have no desire to see Hook and am still undecided about Christopher Robin.

It was in orlando. They used to have a net compartment under the seat. This was in 2011.
Catching up on this thread now. In Orlando the benches on FJ have a compartment at the back of the seat that pops out and fits a cellphone and a pair of sunglasses for size reference. The benches in Hollywood do not have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter