News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's news but it's not really worrisome to me at least with the exception of the amount of violations.

A lot of people don't realize the restaurants they frequent at home have probably had violations over time. Plus anyone who eats chocolate
should know there's a threshold for insects allowed inside the food. It's still not ok to have insects flying around/being around the food a lot especially roaches which are icky thought

Seems like they got it corrected very quick as it said it was closed and reopened later that day.

I know our local news has a list of monthly health inspection fails and violations.

Honestly they prob need more Men and Dads on the Moms Panel. I know I myself have a ridiculous amount of Park knowledge and have Planned alot of trips down to the detail both for myself and others. I understand that the travel agent market tends to be more female dominated but there are some of us out there with a y chromosome that have decent insight, and I think Rteetz could be a great contributor to a panel like that for Disney. Even though families are a core targeted demographic for Disney and for whatever reason Society places the expectation for planning vacations on Moms, there is still plenty of us weird males with lots of insight.

Probably true. I'm absolutely the vacation planner for our family. Not just Disney, all of it. Since I'm also the breadwinner, planning vacations allows me to daydream and keep the budget. I'm actually surprised they haven't changed the name of this to the Parent Panel or even getting away from family and just being some clever name I can't think of for "Experienced Visitor Panel".

Honestly they prob need more Men and Dads on the Moms Panel. I know I myself have a ridiculous amount of Park knowledge and have Planned alot of trips down to the detail both for myself and others. I understand that the travel agent market tends to be more female dominated but there are some of us out there with a y chromosome that have decent insight, and I think Rteetz could be a great contributor to a panel like that for Disney. Even though families are a core targeted demographic for Disney and for whatever reason Society places the expectation for planning vacations on Moms, there is still plenty of us weird males with lots of insight.

Honestly they should probably stop calling it the "Mom's Panel" and go with something more neutral. There's probably some guys who would apply but are totally put off with the idea of it being titled "Moms". Not to mention all the childfree people who are in the same boat.

Honestly they should probably stop calling it the "Mom's Panel" and go with something more neutral. There's probably some guys who would apply but are totally put off with the idea of it being titled "Moms". Not to mention all the childfree people who are in the same boat.
Curious -- does mom's panel really get much traffic? I checked it out when it first started and it wasn't nearly as useful as DIS -- and entirely "sanitized", for lack of a better word. So I've never looked at it again. But I guess people who don't know about boards like these or feel more comfortable getting Disney-sanctioned answers must use it.

Curious -- does mom's panel really get much traffic? I checked it out when it first started and it wasn't nearly as useful as DIS -- and entirely "sanitized", for lack of a better word. So I've never looked at it again. But I guess people who don't know about boards like these or feel more comfortable getting Disney-sanctioned answers must use it.
When I've Googled something I needed to know, and a Mom's Panel response came back as a choice, I've generally looked at it. When the search returns the correct response, I've found the Mom's Panel responses to be absolutely on target. So as a source of information to specific queries, I think it is very good. But, it is run by Disney, obviously, so you are always going to get the party line. Still, I find the Mom's Panel, when providing the company line, to generally have the right company line, which is not something I find as often from cast members on the phone.

I have no idea. In reality, people probably get more info from Facebook groups and here or other websites. But they probably want their own outlet and presence. Obviously it's something they value marketing wise since they have a training and provide the panelists with a free vacation for their family.

It's news but it's not really worrisome to me at least with the exception of the amount of violations.

A lot of people don't realize the restaurants they frequent at home have probably had violations over time. Plus anyone who eats chocolate
should know there's a threshold for insects allowed inside the food. It's still not ok to have insects flying around/being around the food a lot especially roaches which are icky thought

Seems like they got it corrected very quick as it said it was closed and reopened later that day.

I know our local news has a list of monthly health inspection fails and violations.

I work in the food manufacturing industry and I can confirm your spoiler noteo_O

When I've Googled something I needed to know, and a Mom's Panel response came back as a choice, I've generally looked at it. When the search returns the correct response, I've found the Mom's Panel responses to be absolutely on target. So as a source of information to specific queries, I think it is very good. But, it is run by Disney, obviously, so you are always going to get the party line. Still, I find the Mom's Panel, when providing the company line, to generally have the right company line, which is not something I find as often from cast members on the phone.

Yeah, I think it is a good source for facts - especially if you have seen conflicting information elsewhere ... but definitely has the Dinsey Rose Colored Glasses on big time as far as anything opinion related so you have to sift through that stuff a bit. But for actual information I find it can be useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter