News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really surprised APs went up now so much seeing as how SW won’t be open 1 year from now.

Though we are pretty close to when people who get/activate an AP would have access through the end of November 2019 right? So GE could be open by then - so probably just easier to do all the price increases now rather than the APs a few weeks from now

I think this is the calm before the storm. They set it up to really raise prices next October.
Although the annual pass going up really hurts. Gone up twice now before our first renewal

Yep, I think Disney wants everyone to get comfortable with the new ticket system ... and then next fall you'll really see the endgame pricing strategy with this new setup.

This isn’t to say that prices *can’t* increase, but the calendar pricing is available through 12/15(?)/2019.

Quick note on the price change - if anyone is considering coming down next August for the DIS event I priced out that timeframe:

A 5 day with park hopper starting on August 7th came up to $519.72 with tax. ... I paid $458.33 from UT yesterday with their get a 5th day free on a 4 day pass - so like $61.39 savings or ~12%, so if you are thinking of going and UT (or other sites) still have some old style tickets might be worth picking up before they run out

I'm wondering if Disney is planing to have Figment and Living with the Land close early too the same way they are modifying hours for some rides in AK. I just went to possibly modify my evening fastpass for Dec 9 and it told me there's no times for either of these rides available past 6pm. I find it hard to believe that all the later FP are taken, but last time I went I didn't have any evening Epcot passes that I would've noticed. Has this happened in the past?

I'm wondering if Disney is planing to have Figment and Living with the Land close early too the same way they are modifying hours for some rides in AK. I just went to possibly modify my evening fastpass for Dec 9 and it told me there's no times for either of these rides available past 6pm. I find it hard to believe that all the later FP are taken, but last time I went I didn't have any evening Epcot passes that I would've noticed. Has this happened in the past?

I was there this weekend and both closed at 6 Sunday night.

Both of those rides have always closed earlier than park close except on days with evening EMH. They typically close at 7pm.

It's like Black Friday has come early lol. That is a lot of folks. I hope those people can get their mugs though!

that's what I was wondering - I know at WDW they were limiting how many they were releasing each day and it felt like it was less than the number of people on that line

Hopefully they at least are informing people that if they get on line they *will* get one or not - I'd hate to wait for hours and then not get one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter