News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News/rumor/something

Change coming to booking for Disney Cruise Line as people were sent out an e-mail today and the Castaway Club page was updated with the following text today:

COMING SOON: Early Online Booking for New Itineraries

For our next itinerary announcement, members will be able to book online during a designated early booking window. Please verify your Castaway Club level listed at the top left of this page, so that you'll be ready to book when the new itineraries become available.

If you have any questions about your Castaway Club status, please contact Disney Cruise Line at (800) 449-3380.

Oh my Gosh! Splash at DLR doesn't have lap bars. I haven't ridden it. I have only ridden Splash at WDW, and I thank the maker every time I ride that it has lap bars. That drop is really steep. I might have to rethink riding Splash at DLR this summer:oops:

So, you do realize that Splash in florida didnt have appears for about 20 years, and they were only added to keep people from intentionally jumping out of the boats. The ride is designed so they are not needed for safety reasons.

Today in Disney History

In 1926 Don Rickles voice of Mr. Potato Head and William in Tiki Room was born.

In 1991 newspapers reported Disney’s WestCot project would cost $3.1 billion.

In 1998 nothing important in Disney happened but I was born...

Live with Regis and Kelly tape shows to celebrate Disneyland’s 50th in 2005.

Happy Birthday to a wonderful guy- one of a kind, brilliant! Mr Rickles - you are indeed missed.

(But I was talking about you, @rteetz - hope it is a great day! I’m hoping to make you laugh!)

So, you do realize that Splash in florida didnt have appears for about 20 years, and they were only added to keep people from intentionally jumping out of the boats. The ride is designed so they are not needed for safety reasons.

Splash wasn't open when I attended WDW as a kid. I didn't ride it for the first time until last year, because I hate drops. It's not really a question of whether the safety bar is really safer; it's completely a mental thing. As a kid, I rode roller coasters at Six Flags that went upside down, and all they had was a lap bar. The lap usually didn't even come all the way to my legs, because the person next to me was always bigger. I remember holding onto that bar for dear life multiple times:scared1: I never died then. I get plenty of near-death experiences riding my scooter to work in traffic;)

News/rumor/something

Change coming to booking for Disney Cruise Line as people were sent out an e-mail today and the Castaway Club page was updated with the following text today:

COMING SOON: Early Online Booking for New Itineraries

For our next itinerary announcement, members will be able to book online during a designated early booking window. Please verify your Castaway Club level listed at the top left of this page, so that you'll be ready to book when the new itineraries become available.

If you have any questions about your Castaway Club status, please contact Disney Cruise Line at (800) 449-3380.

I wonder how early this will be. We are thinking of using our placeholder to book one of the next itineraries coming out soon.

I wonder how early this will be. We are thinking of using our placeholder to book one of the next itineraries coming out soon.

I'm not sure - it might not be a sign of things coming super soon just that now as a castaway club member you can book in that early window online rather than having to call or have your travel agent call

We are thinking of using our placeholder as well for the next release - thinking about a sailing in fall of 2019 that leaves from the New York area

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter