News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWS

New Disney Junior Dance Party Live Show coming to Disney Hollywood Studios this fall

Will feature more current characters including Vampirina and the Lion Guard!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oming-this-fall-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/
My son will be excited about this. I am glad it will be open when we go in October. I wonder if it the same as the Disney Junior Dance Party that was touring this year. I would think it would be shorter. My son wanted to go when he saw the ads but we were not able to attend.

My son will be excited about this. I am glad it will be open when we go in October. I wonder if it the same as the Disney Junior Dance Party that was touring this year. I would think it would be shorter. My son wanted to go when he saw the ads but we were not able to attend.

We went a couple of weeks ago, you didn't miss much. It was the least entertaining children's show we've been to (Daniel Tiger, Paw Patrol and Sesame Street were much better). Most of the characters were on a tv screen that only half the audience could see, and far too reliant on the "DJ" to carry the show. I've never seen the show at HS, so I can't say whether it was an upgrade, but I was unimpressed.

I was homeschooling DS for three years and when he turned five I wanted him to understand responsibility with a personal touch during our two week vacation at WDW. The State ID was his right of passage so to speak and was done on his fifth birthday. As a birthday gift Grandpa gave him the wallet and my girlfriend gave him *Disney money. DS earned the Disney GC's by completing his weekly chores. He has ADHD/Autism and granted he ended up losing his wallet two days before we departed WDW there are two thing to keep in mind; he was responsible for it for twelve days until he lost it and he understood the loss. This was huge. It was a lesson and he learned it. We did not harp on him when he lost his wallet and he cried when he pulled it out of the box that Disney mailed to him.

During the summer some communities offer a park day where your kids learn about safety. Usually the police, fire department and EMS are there and they offer finger printing, bicycle safety where you can also pick up a free fitted helmet it's usually about 5 hours long and ours includes a bounce house & treats all free.

*Disney Money back when they made it:
View attachment 326237
Ah the lessons we learn as children. I’ll bet he doesn’t lose his wallet anymore. I had the fingerprinting done for all 3 of mine. Glad it’s available for all that want the ID’s.

Ah the lessons we learn as children. I’ll bet he doesn’t lose his wallet anymore. I had the fingerprinting done for all 3 of mine. Glad it’s available for all that want the ID’s.

Exactly! Nor did he loose his passport the two weeks we were in Japan. ;)

@rteetz I remember reading that Talking Mickey at Town Square Theater will no longer be "talking" has this happened yet or is there a projected date?

Is this confirmed now that it's past May 12th? My internet searches yield reports about the rumor, but I can't seem to find anything about this change being confirmed. Just wondering if someone has been there and can confirm the change. Thanks :-)

I am seeing a report of rider swap going digital as of June 19th and they will be trying to close the loophole as indicating all members of the party must be present to get the digital rider swap, the rider swap is only valid for 1 hour , and you can only have one at a time

@rteetz or anyone else see/hear anything about this?

I am seeing a report of rider swap going digital as of June 19th and they will be trying to close the loophole as indicating all members of the party must be present to get the digital rider swap, the rider swap is only valid for 1 hour , and you can only have one at a time

I think it’s inevitable with Toy Story opening, Disneyland made the switch last August and as with all nice things the system is open to abuse.

Digital? Like a CM loading the RSP onto a ticket or MB? If so, good, but why not allow for at least rest of day, or better yet, rest of trip... it takes about an hour to get through test track with group A FP and rider swap

I haven’t heard anything but seems plausible.

Is this confirmed now that it's past May 12th? My internet searches yield reports about the rumor, but I can't seem to find anything about this change being confirmed. Just wondering if someone has been there and can confirm the change. Thanks :-)
Yep Talking Mickey is gone. It is just regular Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter