News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think by far Disney's biggest mistake with Solo was not doing the December release thing. They have so much less competition in December, and having it just 5 months after TLJ I think made people very blase towards it. I heard a lot of "oh, another Star Wars movie already?" Once they moved Episode IX to a December 2019 release date, they should've moved Solo to this December. They would've had longer to get in front of all the bad press about it, and would've had less of a problem with Star Wars fatigue. It still might not have been the hit that the others were, but I'm sure it would've done a lot better.

BTW, I don't think this is a spoiler, but did anyone else catch the throwaway reference to Black Spire Outpost in Solo? The movie was pretty hit-you-over-the-head with some of the references to other movies, but I kind of got a kick out of that reference considering most folks wouldn't get it.
While I think your right about Solo only coming five months after TLJ really hurting it. Over a year and half between solo and episode 9 should really help episode 9. Although Star Wars fans are fickle group I have hard times understanding them sometimes.

I actually think by far Disney's biggest mistake with Solo was not doing the December release thing. They have so much less competition in December, and having it just 5 months after TLJ I think made people very blase towards it. I heard a lot of "oh, another Star Wars movie already?" Once they moved Episode IX to a December 2019 release date, they should've moved Solo to this December. They would've had longer to get in front of all the bad press about it, and would've had less of a problem with Star Wars fatigue. It still might not have been the hit that the others were, but I'm sure it would've done a lot better.

BTW, I don't think this is a spoiler, but did anyone else catch the throwaway reference to Black Spire Outpost in Solo? The movie was pretty hit-you-over-the-head with some of the references to other movies, but I kind of got a kick out of that reference considering most folks wouldn't get it.

I think it was the combination of people not ready for another Star Wars movie (for a variety of reasons), the Memorial Day weekend just isn't as bit for movies as you would think, and coming 2 weeks after Infinity War and the other competition

I obviously am even less knowledgable of the international markets but while it clearly isn't doing great in the US it seems to be doing like 10x worse internationally which surprised me

I obviously am even less knowledgable of the international markets but while it clearly isn't doing great in the US it seems to be doing like 10x worse internationally which surprised me

A lot of the international market place today is China, and they just don't care about the original trilogy. That'll skew the numbers, but if its under performing in Europe, that suggests at the least that the issues plaguing the US release may be spilling over there too. It's also possible of course that Disney knew they had a potential misfire on their hands and held back on marketing dollars.

Brunch reservations for Homecomin’ are available! It seems to be Sunday’s only, 10:00am - 2:00pm, through at least the end of November.

I booked our reservation for our l August trip, menu unseen!

Yeah there has been a lot this movie is a disaster which it’s not domestically it’s not good but disaster is overstating it. Intentionally I think it is disaster and like you I can’t speak to why that is at all

Looks great! Definately not the room we had last week...

I LOVE the new room style. However that is not going to help with how awfully loud those rooms are with 2800+ rooms and probably 2-4 guests in each one.

Our stay for 1 night at POP was the worst sleep I think we've ever had at a hotel. Let alone Disney. So. Much. Noise.

Yes, I saw the movie this afternoon and noticed the reference to "Black Spire".

I LOVE the new room style. However that is not going to help with how awfully loud those rooms are with 2800+ rooms and probably 2-4 guests in each one.

Our stay for 1 night at POP was the worst sleep I think we've ever had at a hotel. Let alone Disney. So. Much. Noise.

Room construction at Pop Century? My in-laws are staying there next week. I think they requested the 80’s building.

Are the rooms more noisy because the carpet was removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter