News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
TSL is NFLE-lite and not Pandora.

For those like my family that have given up on magic bands, we've lost 18 out of 20, you aren't getting your SDD photo without one. There are no claim station screens.
I'm not loving this trend, it would be nice to have an option to still get photos if for one reason or another you don't have your Magic band on or don't have one

Oh my gosh, I thought I was going to hate it but, it is very reminiscent of the style of the original shop when it was the disney village marketplace / lake buena vista village (The room with the circle of windows up top completely reminds me of the room that used to have the huge table piled high with stuffed animals) I'm not sure anyone else will remember any of this but all that exposed brick and rustic style is definitely bringing back 30+ year old memories

YES!!! I remember exactly what you are talking about, and I can see that in the pictures too!! The old Mickey's Character shop, right???? I hope that it does have the feel of the "old" Marketplace, but I do wish that it had some of the whimsy that the shop did back then (remember the airplane like contraption that the characters were flying above the area with all the stuffed animals???)

That's a great perspecitve on the updated store. My first impression was that it was blah, but there was something about it that was appealing, and I think you nailed it with the call back to the old store.

This youtube video has great footage...

Hey all! Just got back from WDW. The Play app is awesome! I really liked that it didn't feel like I had to be playing all the time but made a great option while waiting in line. For instance, standing in line for Space Mountain, the physical games are gone but it had one of the best interactive family games on the app, where you play different mini games and insert codes that you find in the queue. You can earn little badges throughout the parks and it just was an added sprinkle of fun instead of this overly prevalent thing where you had to be using your phone all the time and people are walking with their heads down.

Didnt get to toy story land but with the rain this week and the heat I definitely am not upset. I am very excited go in the fall. Alex and Ani has new pixar bracelets as well! I also noted some extra splash in splash mountain and in pirates! Thank you @Fantasia79 again for the rider swaps we had a great time!!

EDIT: other notes- John Lasseter still has a prominent role in the intro to the Pixar Shorts. Space Mountain makes you exit out a construction=y exit right now? GoTG was not bad at all in EPCOT and they actually sounded much better than most of the bands I have heard in that space before lol. also another plug for Pixar Play Zone (at the Contemporary) because I finally got to see it and it was AMAZING hope the pilot program moves to other resorts as well!! Book it if you can, its essentially a 5 hour babysitting service that includes activities, an arcade, dinner, and character experiences just for $65 per child, which honestly pays for itself for a night off (about 12 bucks an hour). Kids also walk away with goody bags!

No prob! Glad they didn’t go to waste

Thought I'd share Fresh Baked's part of using the Play Disney Parks App. From just this, it looks really cool and actually a good way to spend time in a queue. Plus, all of those people in the queue without the app were really surprised when the lamp effect worked :) :

Thought I'd share Fresh Baked's part of using the Play Disney Parks App. From just this, it looks really cool and actually a good way to spend time in a queue. Plus, all of those people in the queue without the app were really surprised when the lamp effect worked :) :

“That was the most magical thing I ever saw!” :hyper:

Someone posted this on twitter that I thought was interesting and made sense.

https://twitter.com/_kimhanley/status/1014192362585718790?s=21

“Observation:

#ToyStoryLand⁠ ⁠ is something everybody wants to do on their DHS day but isn’t enough to make you want to make a special DHS day.

Pandora was “we need to go to DAK and do Pandora”

TSL is “when we go to DHS we need to do TSL”

that probably sounds like hairsplitting”

So basically TSL isn’t a draw to go to DHS like Pandora is. It’s rather something to do while you were already planning going there.
Disagree. I can honestly say I have no desire to see Pandora more than I’ve seen on Instagram or YouTube. I don’t care for Avatar and don’t get why Disney bought it. I wouldn’t ride the 2 rides there either as they mean nothing to me.

Disagree. I can honestly say I have no desire to see Pandora more than I’ve seen on Instagram or YouTube. I don’t care for Avatar and don’t get why Disney bought it. I wouldn’t ride the 2 rides there either as they mean nothing to me.

Obviously you can go to or avoid any I guess you want but I did know a lot of people that either didn’t care about the Avatar movie or downright hated and still really enjoyed the land and the rides - especially FoP. You don’t need to know anything about the film to enjoy the ride

I haven’t seen the movies but the ride is the best I’ve ever experienced

I’m not suggesting your opinion is invalid, but I don’t need any connection to enjoy the ride (same as Haunted Mansion, Splash mountain etc etc)

That just seems like such a weird response. Why would whether you like the movie determine whether you like the ride? My daughter is 15 and never saw Avatar and never wants to see Avatar and Flights of Passage is now her favorite ride at WDW. I honestly would be happy to never see Avatar again, but the ride is great. Splash Mountain is my favorite ride and it's based off a movie that I haven't seen in 40 years. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt you to try it and judge it by what it actually IS?

No offense but you’re only one person. This tweet is looking at it from an overall stand point. Of course there will be people like you who have no interest in Pandora.

Looking at the big picture Toy Story Land hasn’t held the huge wait times like Pandora did. Pandora also helped AK attendance jump 15%. I know we are only days into TSL but wait times really haven’t been crazy for the rides there. Flight of Passage still has 120* waits and that opened a year ago.

Also as for Pandora the rides are not based on the film so you don’t have to like the rides to like the film. I’ve never seen Song of the South but I love Splash Mountain.

I'm not loving this trend, it would be nice to have an option to still get photos if for one reason or another you don't have your Magic band on or don't have one
You would still need something that has active RFID. The cards don’t have that only the bands due it needing battery power.

If everyone who disliked or had never seen Avatar didn't do the rides, they would have no lines. That reasoning doesn't make sense. But I wish more people used that logic so FoP FPs would be easier to get.

We know who has never been on FoP. That ride has converted many a naysayer. First timers coming out suddenly understand why people wait hours to ride it.

Obviously you can go to or avoid any I guess you want but I did know a lot of people that either didn’t care about the Avatar movie or downright hated and still really enjoyed the land and the rides - especially FoP. You don’t need to know anything about the film to enjoy the ride
I couldn't stand the movie and was not thrilled about the land showing up at WDW. That said, my wife and I loved the land and the rides when we saw it. We also really liked the food at the quick service in Pandora. Was a bit disappointed in the river ride, but other than that, it gets a thumbs up from us.

Well, I guess not everything is for everyone. And that's the Magic of Disney: There's something there that all can love... it just might not be the same as others.

I for one really dislike "all things Stitch...." but I know others absolutely LOVE Stitch. I have very little interest in Disney Springs - other than Homecoming restaurant and the Characters in flight balloon. Others spend lots of time and money there. I like Tony's, and others gag at the mere mention....

So what? Doesn't bother me that I don't like every single thing...or I do like some things other don't. There are plenty of things I DO like, and that's what keeps me spending way more than I should on trips there! LOL

I couldn't stand the movie and was not thrilled about the land showing up at WDW. That said, my wife and I loved the land and the rides when we saw it. We also really liked the food at the quick service in Pandora. Was a bit disappointed in the river ride, but other than that, it gets a thumbs up from us.
My biggest gripe is you can see all the backstage stuff from the bus loop. It kinda sticks out to you, but the immserivenss inside the land kicks that outta mind pretty quickly

Oh well. I’ll save a lot of time not waiting in line or caring about getting on those 2 rides and leave it for the rest of you then. I’m really excited to see TSL on my next trip. I already thought DAK is a must do park! I just won’t be in that area!

Oh well. I’ll save a lot of time not waiting in line or caring about getting on those 2 rides and leave it for the rest of you then. I’m really excited to see TSL on my next trip. I already thought DAK is a must do park! I just won’t be in that area!
It’s kinda like how people will wait hours on end to do the mine train or Peter Pan, whereas I haven’t done Peter Pan in 5 years. It’s all about your priorities and such!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter