News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Makes me realize how little I watch ABC anymore... 2 shows.

You beat me, "The Good Doctor" is the only one we currently watch... might take a look at "The Rookie " when it starts, but none of the rest.

Just took a look and I don't think three is a show there we watch regularly. I enjoy Black-ish but don't watch it regularly.

Might check out The Connors to see how that is and maybe the Alec Baldwin Show

Seriously need to look into cutting the cord. We are down to 1 TV in the house as it is. Sports is the main reason I still have cable - but if I can get most of that without Cable and then knowing Disney's streaming service is coming then I might need to look into that further

Dang. I would not trust my stuff in a net on that ride! It must have been interesting to watch people trying to put stuff in the nets while the vehicles kept moving!

Yeah, definitely would not trust my stuff on that ride. I wonder how many people lost things? Because they'd have to be in there reallytight and snug to stay. I couldn't believe the crazy forces on that ride. It's one I probably won't ride again, and I love coasters and such.

Just took a look and I don't think three is a show there we watch regularly. I enjoy Black-ish but don't watch it regularly.

Seriously need to look into cutting the cord. We are down to 1 TV in the house as it is. Sports is the main reason I still have cable - but if I can get most of that without Cable and then knowing Disney's streaming service is coming then I might need to look into that further
I am a big Black-is fan. I also watch Grey's Anatomy, Goldbergs, and I will probably check out The Connors.

Sports is also the main reason we have cable/satellite (we actually have both). TV's also aren't an issue for us as we have a man cave with 5 of them (March Madness and NFL Sundays).

We cannot have plastic shopping bags to hold purchases, because they are crafty and escape to the wilds. These crafty plastic shopping bags cause littering and damaging the environment because people do not dispose of them properly prompting a tax to wean us all away from them. Yet it is a good idea to hand out Ziploc bags at Splash, without any concerns about polluting the environment???? Am I the only one aghast at the idea? Or is the idea to collect $0.07 per Ziploc?
I'm fine with it. It's all about balance; reasonable expectations about what businesses can and should do, and how they balance that with their profit motive. IMO.

This article actually says Cedar Point has one (really crazy looking) roller coaster where no cell phones are allowed and must be put in lockers. Might want to put the hot sauce in there too. You wouldn't get this guy on that thing!
https://www.mlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2018/07/hot_sauce_injures_steel_vengea.html

Speaking of crazy coasters, did you see the new one coming the Kennywood next year called the Steel Coaster? It will set the North American record for having 9 inversions and the highest inversion at 197' off the ground
https://www.coaster101.com/2018/07/19/kennywood-unveils-steel-curtain-for-2019/

Also, it is designed by S&S who doesn't have the best track record when pushing their limits, so I will *not* be the first person to ride that

I am a big Black-is fan. I also watch Grey's Anatomy, Goldbergs, and I will probably check out The Connors.

Sports is also the main reason we have cable/satellite (we actually have both). TV's also aren't an issue for us as we have a man cave with 5 of them (March Madness and NFL Sundays).

It looks like I’m coming over for football Sunday’s :teeth:

We did this a few years ago. Purchased a digital antenna and a tablo. With the tablo app I can watch local tv anywhere as long as my wifi is working.

Also subscribe to DirectvNow. I tried sling and youtube but prefer It. Mainly subscribe to watch hockey. In my local market we also receive all the local channels. Cost was $35 but they just bumped it up $5. However you receive discounts if you use ATT wireless. Downside is you can only have 2 devices streaming at the same time. However if the channel has an app you can download it and sign in with your credentials.

Just got an e-mail about a pretty cool sounding event in Anaheim on October 13th:

Walt Disney - Master of Dreamers: An Evening with Disney Legends Bob Gurr, Rolly Crump & Friends!

https://silverpin.ticketleap.com/masterofdreamers/details

Disney legends Bob Gurr and Floyd Norman, join award winning authors Jeff Barnes and Sam Gennawey along with Audio Animatronics pioneer Garner Holt in an intimate evening and discussion on Walt Disney's journey from the 1964-65 New York World's Fair through the opening of Epcot.

Just Black-ish for us.

We dropped our satellite for YoutubeTV recently. It doesn't have every channel we'd want, but it's waaaaay cheaper and does have all the sports I like. It also has an unlimited DVR, which is really handy, as I record a lot of movies off TCM.

Geez, I don't watch any of those abc shows. We got rid of cable years ago, I try to watch the Goldbergs but it's getting stale. I can only watch Ericka and the mom come to understand each other, reconcile and then forget it all the next week so many times. I think there's only like, 4 emotional storylines anymore. Ericka vs mom, Ericka vs dad, Adam vs mom and barry being ridiculous.

Just got an e-mail about a pretty cool sounding event in Anaheim on October 13th:

Walt Disney - Master of Dreamers: An Evening with Disney Legends Bob Gurr, Rolly Crump & Friends!

https://silverpin.ticketleap.com/masterofdreamers/details

Disney legends Bob Gurr and Floyd Norman, join award winning authors Jeff Barnes and Sam Gennawey along with Audio Animatronics pioneer Garner Holt in an intimate evening and discussion on Walt Disney's journey from the 1964-65 New York World's Fair through the opening of Epcot.

I love rolly crump. Sigh. Why do I live in Missouri??

Just Black-ish for us.

We dropped our satellite for YoutubeTV recently. It doesn't have every channel we'd want, but it's waaaaay cheaper and does have all the sports I like. It also has an unlimited DVR, which is really handy, as I record a lot of movies off TCM.

I still have found an internet based TV package that includes SNY so that hurts me from a sports perspective

Also we have our internet and TV bundled together and would have to factor in the cost increase of just the internet part of we drop the television part

As we keep adding services though at some point we will need to do something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter