News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the quality of at least a few dishes has been elevated which is good a hopefully they can keep that up

Didn’t really cover review of kids meals which I think is really when I question the price point

If they keep the quality up then I guess it can work considering only one meal a day is the 2-credits/signature pricing
We'll be going with our kids in a week and see how the kids food stacks up. It does feel a bit expensive but this is for a special occasion so we are willing to do it.

According to Len Testa Priceline has Disney resort deals right now with places like Port Orleans French Quarter for $100-$120 and Poly for $230.
Someone on the Port Orleans Riverside thread in the Resorts forum got a night there for $108 last week (not 100% on that price but that ball park)

According to Len Testa Priceline has Disney resort deals right now with places like Port Orleans French Quarter for $100-$120 and Poly for $230.

I wonder if this will trickle down to Disney offers or if they will rely on sites like Priceline to do the deals so as not to impact the apperance of the "value" of the resorts? Slashing the price on the main site does not seem very Disney like. I would love to have $120 a night at POR!

I wonder if this will trickle down to Disney offers or if they will rely on sites like Priceline to do the deals so as not to impact the apperance of the "value" of the resorts? Slashing the price on the main site does not seem very Disney like. I would love to have $120 a night at POR!

I think being able shift some over to Priceline works well to help fill open availability without impacting rack rate - though do expect to see additional specials - either room only or packages

I guess it comes down to how much you value themeing but to me $27 for kids at garden Grill with all you care to eat and some of the best character interactions on property seems like a much better deal than $35 for this - especially when you can get in and see the theming for a quick service lunch option instead

Definitely interested to see some reviews on the food though

So right on.

All about personal preference. I’m with you, I’d load up on some garden grill and wait in line for Belle, maybe wait in-line for BoG lunch*

Guaranteed, Disney is going to monitor Lunch crowd levels vs. how much people will spend. It’s an tough thing to sell a QS lunch/breakfast in the same place as a 2 credit dinner. Kinda like what Tiffins has with their recent menu change. If they can increase profits by making lunch more expensive....

You would certainly do the lunch option at the current set up or if your kids wanted to go, you’d give them options (this or this, not both). It’s closer in price to high quality buffet meals than CRT is and if food holds up, it could turn into a special occasion restaurant like CRT.

Being one of the better restaurants at MK in high demand, they have a lot of poker chips to play with. *You heard it here first, watch for lunch service to change (NATO a rumor, just my instinct).

I think being able shift some over to Priceline works well to help fill open availability without impacting rack rate - though do expect to see additional specials - either room only or packages

On my last day in June, the GF Manager said they were at 80% capacity and could offer us a “unbelievable rate” to extend our stay.

Not thinking, I didn’t ask.

I got Poly for one night in September for $220 with the coupon.

So right on.

All about personal preference. I’m with you, I’d load up on some garden grill and wait in line for Belle, maybe wait in-line for BoG lunch*

Guaranteed, Disney is going to monitor Lunch crowd levels vs. how much people will spend. It’s an tough thing to sell a QS lunch/breakfast in the same place as a 2 credit dinner. Kinda like what Tiffins has with their recent menu change. If they can increase profits by making lunch more expensive....

You would certainly do the lunch option at the current set up or if your kids wanted to go, you’d give them options (this or this, not both). It’s closer in price to high quality buffet meals than CRT is and if food holds up, it could turn into a special occasion restaurant like CRT.

Being one of the better restaurants at MK in high demand, they have a lot of poker chips to play with. *You heard it here first, watch for lunch service to change (NATO a rumor, just my instinct).

Just had a thought - wonder if they are doing this to discourage taking kids there for dinner and make it more of a “date night” location. This way breakfast and lunch are with kids and a bit more crazy but still everyone can get in to see the inside but make dinner a bit calmer and more like a special occasion place like you said

DIS video review of new pre-fix at BoG

Seems like they really liked it, improved quality, and worth the $55 for adults (with some selections being better value than others)

@WebmasterJackie - first, lovely to see you in a video again! Second, just wondering your thoughts on the value for kids. Totally see the value at $55 for those options on th adult menu but $35 seems pretty pricey for kids and the options on that menu. Did you see many kids/get any “feel” for thoughts on the kids menu value?

Just had a thought - wonder if they are doing this to discourage taking kids there for dinner and make it more of a “date night” location. This way breakfast and lunch are with kids and a bit more crazy but still everyone can get in to see the inside but make dinner a bit calmer and more like a special occasion place like you said

Also, just posted on the Dis, they’ve updated the wine, beer & non-alcoholic drink list. HUGE step forward, couldn’t do much worse. Some highlights for me; wine: Simi & Prisoner. Beer: Cigar City & Chimay Blue. You might be into something......(thinking emoji)

Last edited:

The bolded text is exactly how Priceline markets itself to the hotel industry. At least that's what they did when I worked as a hotel Revenue Manager. (If anyone is unfamiliar, the Revenue Manager is responsible for filling the hotel with the highest rates using various techniques like discounts.)

It's less of an issue at the Disney World Resorts, but most hotels have corporate rates that are percentages off of BAR (the Best Available Rate at the time of booking). Offering a deep discount to the public means you're also offering a deeper discount to any corporate clients.

Using third-party websites like Priceline and Hotwire allows hotels to give a boost to occupancy on unusually slow nights without affecting the "normal" rates.

Seems like they really liked it, improved quality, and worth the $55 for adults (with some selections being better value than others)

@WebmasterJackie - first, lovely to see you in a video again! Second, just wondering your thoughts on the value for kids. Totally see the value at $55 for those options on th adult menu but $35 seems pretty pricey for kids and the options on that menu. Did you see many kids/get any “feel” for thoughts on the kids menu value?
Written review to go along with this...

Be Our Guest Restaurant Prix Fixe Dinner Menu Review

This one just seems so blatant to me. Like, after 2 seconds you would realize that you've been had...

The best idea I've seen on these boards in relation to talking people out of the DDP is to convince people to purchase WDW gift cards in the same amount as you were going to spend on the DDP. That way you are still just using a "card" and not worrying about what you are spending. Then at the end you will really find out if you got your monies worth or not......and if you have extra (most likely), you've prepurchased some gifts.

I have a Disney visa (the one with a fee but we get 2% back on gas, groceries, restaurants, and anything bought through Disney). We literally charge everything and save the rewards points. For our last trip to Disney, I had over 2k in rewards points, plus $700 in gift cards bought from either Target or BJ’s at a 5% discount. As a family of six, I figured that was a good amount to cover our food for the week. We ended up with about $350 left over. The dining plan would have cost well more than $2700 as three of our kids are 10+ and we’d still have to pay for tips at the TS.

Having read the review of BOG, it’s something I’d likely enjoy. But for the price, we’d probably stick with Flying Fish.

Thanks so much, Phil! :)

I think that $35 for kids is VERY pricey. I mean, I would say that if they added Belle and maybe a couple of non-face characters like Lumiere and Mrs. Potts visiting you at your table, that *might* make it worth that for a super special occasion. I would not want to spend $35 for a 3-9-year-old child as it is now, but, maybe I would for a 5th or 6th birthday? I'm so torn with it.

The food was incredible and I'm sure the kiddos would just LOVE the dessert - it's set up a little bit different for them - I'm actually going to add a photo of it from another site to my review as I just received permission to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter